NEurope
Retro_Link

Adverts that Blow 2013

The 3G advert with the moonwalking Pony. Advert ends with the hashtag #danceponydance

Saw someone I follow tweet the hashtag, so I responded - 'I thought it was an odious and cynically conceived advert purposefully targeted at crowd-following, meme-guzzling idiots.'

Hated it.

When I see that it reminds me of:

I absolutely fucking hate this advert. I bet @ReZourceman would agree. :p

The idea of a Mayday button is ridiculously creepy. But worst of all, I bet it works nothing like this. I imagine it will take a while to connect to someone and I bet it's nowhere near as seamless as this. I am imagining Indian call centre scenarios here.

And the way they show it! Imagine if you just clicked it accidentally while taking a shit (not that I would take it there, but still...).

Truly horrifying.

The idea of a Mayday button is ridiculously creepy. But worst of all, I bet it works nothing like this. I imagine it will take a while to connect to someone and I bet it's nowhere near as seamless as this. I am imagining Indian call centre scenarios here.

And the way they show it! Imagine if you just clicked it accidentally while taking a shit (not that I would take it there, but still...).

Truly horrifying.

It'll be interesting to see who is working on the other end on Christmas Day when no doubt countless hundreds of people will be trying out the feature.. ::shrug:

That whole advert is made even worse by the fact that the guy was also recently in a terrible KFC ad.. :nono:

Is that real? Where did they find people willing to be tech support for that? Chat Roulette? There is no way you will immediately get face-time with someone.

Is that real? Where did they find people willing to be tech support for that? Chat Roulette? There is no way you will immediately get face-time with someone.

I know, the advert is complete shit. Surprised they got away with showing it as something it really won't be anything like.

For me, the most annoying adverts are the ones that have rhymes in it now. I'll hear it and it'll grate on me that much, I have to turn the channel over!

The Haribo ones piss me off too. The ones with the girl interrigator just makes me want to slap whoever thought of that as an advert so much that getting the opportunity to bitchslap them is on my Christmas list!

Oh and the 'scrimping Tarriff Checker' one with the family nicking little bits and cutting toothpaste tubes and shit. That gets on me tits!

For me, the most annoying adverts are the ones that have rhymes in it now. I'll hear it and it'll grate on me that much, I have to turn the channel over!

The Haribo ones piss me off too. The ones with the girl interrigator just makes me want to slap whoever thought of that as an advert so much that getting the opportunity to bitchslap them is on my Christmas list!

Oh and the 'scrimping Tarriff Checker' one with the family nicking little bits and cutting toothpaste tubes and shit. That gets on me tits!

Truly horrifying.

Good lord I hate this advert. I hope the smug bitch does get wanking calls all Christmas day.

Good lord I hate this advert. I hope the smug bitch does get wanking calls all Christmas day.

I can just imagine that.

Not really a one that blows in general, just a personal one.

The "family" through the times advert Tesco have going at the moment, with Forever Young by Rod Stewart. As you know my stepdad died earlier this year and he was a big Rod Stewart (he was due to go see him a week after he died) and now Tesco have it with "There's nothing better than Christmas" on our first festive season without him. Naturally it's upset my Mum and step sisters more.

What's even more fun is that they play it at work every 10-15 minutes when I'm trying to do my job.

With that Kindle advert I can't help but notice he gives that guy at the start 'come fuck me' eyes.

Over and out.

Yeah, I don't care it's 2014.

This abomination really fucks me off. The song, I can handle, but the way they try to poke fun at their own style of advertising in the middle - "whoa, why not just tell people that they can save money instead of this bollocks?" Well, why write the fucking advert and song in the first place?!? This trying to be clever, self depreciating shite is really lazy advertising.

Speaking of lazy advertising, this is bollocks as well...

"If Pounds to Pocket wrote adverts, they'd be as simple as our loans"...what the fuck does that mean? So either they're saying they had absolutely no input into making the advert themselves so just ended up throwing money at an advertising agency without seeing what they'd come up with. So this agency is inept and they could do it better themselves, or they actually thought of the advert themselves, and for that reason alone it's very confusing, so their loans must actually be really complicated...

a-p-eyes.png

Plus it's a total rip off of the equally shitty Go Compare ads where they're trying to think of how to promote their shit.