NEurope
Hamishmash

DEAD END: My new show!

I dunno if you guys have heard of Cartoon Hangover but they're pretty excellent and make online shows such as Bravest Warriors and the like.

Cartoon Hangover - http://cartoonhangover.com/

tumblr_mhgo9iSLHu1r5ejtko1_1280.jpg

Well yeah anyway... I've been commissioned to make a show for them! I'm the producer and everything and it's all amazing!

I'll post updates in this thread. The pilot will be airing this summer but CH are really keen to promote it heavily.

So far this is the only official image for the series. It's kind of like... Spaced meets Scooby Doo meets Hausu... or something... It's about students flat-sharing in a haunted house with a dark, twisted history. The first episode features a ghost trapped in the wifi.

That's awesome! How much do you do and how much do they do. Like, do you do the illustrations and they'll find someone to do the voices etc? How will it work?

I am the producer so essentially I can have as much involvement in it as I like. I've designed the characters, come up with the idea, written the scripts, storyboarded the scripts. I am now currently interviewing some directors, I think we're going with a woman who's past credits include Phineas and Ferb. We're also getting it animated by a British animation studio (probably), but it'll still be a Frederator Studios production (most of their shows are made by external animation studios) and we'll get a professional cast of voice actors. We're currently auditioning people who have credits that include Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Adventure Time and Archer.

Thanks guys! Just a quick vid that has a VERY brief shot of the artwork above to prove I'm legit. No new info, but I'm filming some stuff for this show soon to introduce myself, etc. It's gonna be good!

That's super awesome Hamish, excellent stuff :) Keep us informed!

Out of curiosity how did this come about? Did they approach you, or did you pitch to them (with/without 'pilot'/'sample' episode)?

I pitched to them and I included something similar to the image above but with very wonky designs and then a description of the series as a whole and the pilot episode and they then sent me the original storyboard they were sent for Adventure Time, and said "make something like this" so I did, and a few weeks later I signed the contract. :)

Ah excellent. I'd like to go down the production route and had looked at their site before now, but wasn't sure what they'd want exactly. Thanks for the info :)

Still plan to freelance and get more experience under my belt, obviously, but good to know!

Well, I must say congratulations! I had been putting off properly reading this thread properly as I was expecting to need some time to watch something, but this is even better news! How did it all come about in the first instance, did you get in touch with them, or they you etc? Have they said how long each show/episode needs/is going to be, or is that something more up to yourself?

Well, I must say congratulations! I had been putting off properly reading this thread properly as I was expecting to need some time to watch something, but this is even better news! How did it all come about in the first instance, did you get in touch with them, or they you etc? Have they said how long each show/episode needs/is going to be, or is that something more up to yourself?

I answered some of that in this thread, Ashley asked.

As for episode length, all that has been commissioned so far is a 5-minute pilot with the option to make 6 10 minute episodes after that. (Which would essentially be 3-TV episodes, as every Adventure Time episode (for example) is 2 10-minute shorts.) However, if these are all popular I'm sure we'll make. It does mean I'll literally be promoting this to high heaven come summer as the future of the show depends on the success of this.

Here's a new promo shot of the group:

tumblr_mhq4nsKu3K1r5ejtko1_1280.png

Not that it is particularly new information but Cartoon Hangover released the official blurb of the pilot.

Three students, Barney, Norma, and Pugsley, move into “Dead End”: the house at the end of Morningwood Road. When they discover that their Internet is haunted, they must appease the ghost before she makes a meme of them all. This installment of ghost misadventures is brought to you by Hamish Steele.

Update!

So a lot has happened! Here are some character turn arounds.

tumblr_mmc8imIYtT1s59h6po1_500.gif

tumblr_mmcm026XmE1s59h6po1_500.gif

And today I directed the first day of recording the voices! The cast are great!

tumblr_mmhvkz98Ze1so49byo1_1280.jpg

Angelique Perrin (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Zack Pearlman (MTV's The Inbetweeners), Cameron Goodman (Phineas and Ferb) and Stefan Marks (Mass Effect 2 and 3).

There is also an official blog full of fan art and other stuffs for you to follow if you're interested!

http://deadendcartoon.cartoonhangover.com/

And today I directed the first day of recording the voices! The cast are great!

tumblr_mmhvkz98Ze1so49byo1_1280.jpg

Angelique Perrin (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Zack Pearlman (MTV's The Inbetweeners), Cameron Goodman (Phineas and Ferb) and Stefan Marks (Mass Effect 2 and 3).

There is also an official blog full of fan art and other stuffs for you to follow if you're interested!

http://deadendcartoon.cartoonhangover.com/

The last guy was in Pushing Daisies and Better Off Ted. I approve.

And are you suuuuuure the second person isn't actually Dyson?

Wow, this is coming together brilliantly. Can't wait to see the pilot.

How did I miss this thread?! This is absolutely fantastic Hamish - really pleased for you.

Can't wait to see more! :D

How did I miss this thread?! This is absolutely fantastic Hamish - really pleased for you.

Can't wait to see more! :D

Tell me about it i've missed this too! Wow this is amazing you must be so proud Hamish