NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Why wouldn't you want to fly all the way over to LA, just to have Zelda spoilt to you?

I personally just wait for the London event but even I'm not sure if I can be bothered if there's only going to be Zelda :heh:

I am very disappointed in the delay news, and in Nintendo for allowing it to happen. I won't be buying an NX at this rate if it's simply a conventional console.

What of how it'll affect the game, too? Will NX use a similar control setup to Wii U, or will the Wii U version not, as many other games have not, make use of the Wii U's unique design and gamepad that it was touted so hard on?

Its sad and im disappointed but if what they are doing to it means that they will make the game better than I am not personally too bothered.

I would rather wait for potentially the best Zelda ever than a probably early buggy mess that often plagues modern games.

Did it work for TP, though? I don't see why it would suddenly work for this.

I think you're wrong. Nintendos reputation is down the toilet and the absolute last thing they should do is to scrap the Wii U version. Nintendo have to understand that the Wii U owners are the most likely early adopters of the NX and if Nintendo piss them off, the NX might do even worse than the WiiU.

In fact, I think Nintendo should launch Zelda U for the Wii U as soon as it's finished, preferably before E3. Then they should take their time until March or even later to make a visually supperior version.

I don't want it to be a Twilight Princess situation, where both versions are identical apart from maybe at best different resolutions and framerates.

I agree in most - but how many of us who commited and bought a WiiU will really want to do the same for NX now? Their core is constantly shrinking imo. Zelda will not sell an NX to me after what the Wii U's been. Do you know part of me is even starting to feel like I won't even bother getting this game at launch right now.

I agree in most - but how many of us who commited and bought a WiiU will really want to do the same for NX now? Their core is constantly shrinking imo. Zelda will not sell an NX to me after what the Wii U's been. Do you know part of me is even starting to feel like I won't even bother getting this game at launch right now.

That's why I think they should release Zelda U pretty much immediately. It might create some good will among Wii U owners. It might prevent some people from being pissed off that their console is relegated to being a paper weight for the next ten months.

I've been listening to a few podcasts over the weekend and I think it was NVC that pointed out that the Wii U will be the first home console from Nintendo never to receive an exclusive mainline Zelda game.

NES= Zelda & Zelda 2: Adventures of Link

SNES = A Link to the Past

N64 = Ocarina of Time & Majoras Mask

Gamecube = Wind Waker

Wii = Skyward Sword

Sad times. :(

I wonder just what the hell has gone so wrong with the game that it's taken this long to get it out the door.

I wonder just what the hell has gone so wrong with the game that it's taken this long to get it out the door.

HD development and the sheer, ridiculous and absurd scale that they're aiming for with this game are to blame.

I've been listening to a few podcasts over the weekend and I think it was NVC that pointed out that the Wii U will be the first home console from Nintendo never to receive an exclusive mainline Zelda game.

NES= Zelda & Zelda 2: Adventures of Link

SNES = A Link to the Past

N64 = Ocarina of Time & Majoras Mask

Gamecube = Wind Waker

Wii = Skyward Sword

Sad times. :(

I don't think anything major happened to it. Think it's just NX needing software that caused it. I know I'll be getting the NX version. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was done now, just them working on the NX version

HD development and the sheer, ridiculous and absurd scale that they're aiming for with this game are to blame.
Dude, other developers are producing vast open world games, just as ambitious, and packed ful of content. Rockstar manage to get a couple of these out each gen. and with huge story DLC or online multiplayer.

*Miyamoto upends table*

Hopefully he hasn't had much input into this.

@Blade & @Fierce_LiNk how large is The Witcher 3? I'm just looking at some of the details for the game for comparisons sake and see that The Witcher 3 was announced in 2013, released in 2015, released on multiple formats, has fully voiced dialogue and motion capture, has had free DLC and two big expansions, and all of this has arrived before Zelda has even had a proper viewing. Baffling. :wtf:

@Blade & @Fierce_LiNk how large is The Witcher 3? I'm just looking at some of the details for the game for comparisons sake and see that The Witcher 3 was announced in 2013, released in 2015, released on multiple formats, has fully voiced dialogue and motion capture, has had free DLC and two big expansions, and all of this has arrived before Zelda has even had a proper viewing. Baffling. :wtf:

It's not just games on other consoles that are big and managing it too, Xenoblade CX was a WiiU game and was insanely huge...

So the world is big then...

It's not just games on other consoles that are big and managing it too, Xenoblade CX was a WiiU game and was insanely huge...

But wasn't the general consensus basically, "It's big and pretty, but not as good as the Wii version"?

I'm not sure I like the idea of a big massive game for the sake of being a big massive game.

Oh come on. You say that as if Miyamoto ruins games. He doesn't. He is responsible for so many of the best features of so many games. Yes, Sticker Star sucked. Get the fuck over it.

Oh come on. You say that as if Miyamoto ruins games. He doesn't. He is responsible for so many of the best features of so many games. Yes, Sticker Star sucked. Get the fuck over it.

He's a shadow of his former self. That is without doubt!

Starfox not being as good as it should and using poor design choices, Project Guard and Project Giant Robot looking exceedingly lame, not seeing the fun in Splatoon, not wanting online in Pikmin 4, not seeing the point in doing F-Zero unless they can do some lame gimmick with it.

I'd much prefer he stayed away from games these days... I never thought I'd say that at one point. :(

You know what it's like.

Doesn't matter how good someone is at their job, one negative outcome, and none of it matters anymore.

I still think Sticker Star is decent.

Starfox not being as good as it should and using poor design choices, Project Guard and Project Giant Robot looking exceedingly lame, not seeing the fun in Splatoon, not wanting online in Pikmin 4, not seeing the point in doing F-Zero unless they can do some lame gimmick with it.

He's not the only one.

He's a shadow of his former self. That is without doubt!

Starfox not being as good as it should and using poor design choices, Project Guard and Project Giant Robot looking exceedingly lame, not seeing the fun in Splatoon, not wanting online in Pikmin 4.

I'd much prefer he stayed away from games these days... I never thought I'd say that at one point. :(

I just feel the guy has lost his way and a little out of touch. Like you, i'd prefer him to mind his own business with certain games and anything to do with online. :D

Strangely enough, myself and lostmario were having this conversation via text the other week. We both agreed the guy has lost the plot in some ways.

But wasn't the general consensus basically, "It's big and pretty, but not as good as the Wii version"?

I'm not sure I like the idea of a big massive game for the sake of being a big massive game.

Xenoblade X was a good example here though because the world did not feel empty. There was also a large amount of in game systems. It wasn't as good as the Wii version, but that was more because of plot and a user interface that somehow went backwards.

I guess it is possible that Nintendo ware trimming the rough edges that were present in XCX but they have not even committed the game to be an NX launch title!

... outside of moving that rock.

I think it's being kind to Miyamoto to call him 'a little' out of touch.

No doubt he's still a creative genius... it's the relevance of that genius to todays society and video game landscape that needs questioning.

Edited by Retro_Link

... outside of moving that rock.

Haha. I keep forgetting about that. Such a quality sketch. :D

I just feel the guy has lost his way and a little out of touch. Like you, i'd prefer him to mind his own business with certain games and anything to do with online. :D

Strangely enough, myself and lostmario were having this conversation via text the other week. We both agreed the guy has lost the plot in some ways.

I can't really think of much he's done since the late 90's that's benefited their core franchises to be honest.

I think the biggest issue with Miyamoto is the rubbish he comes out with in interviews.

I can't really think of much he's done since the late 90's that's benefited their core franchises to be honest.

I think the biggest issue with Miyamoto is the rubbish he comes out with in interviews.

A bit like Reggie then. :D

That pales in significance to his stance on sequel design.

What?

He developed Pikmin and produced F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. He also happened to be a major driving force in the development of the Wii and Wii Sports and produced Wii Fit which sold something like 25 million units, pretty incredible since it came bundled with the balance board and the price was much higher than a regular game.

He also produced several of the hand held Zelda titles.

I have no problem with people pointing the finger when it's justified, but to come here and basically rip Miyamoto's legacy to pieces and claim he's done nothing for pushing two decades is utter bullshit.

Miyamoto is a bit like Arsene Wenger, holding on for too long and living on past reputation.

What?

He developed Pikmin and produced F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. He also happened to be a major driving force in the development of the Wii and Wii Sports and produced Wii Fit which sold something like 25 million units, pretty incredible since it came bundled with the balance board and the price was much higher than a regular game.

He also produced several of the hand held Zelda titles.

I have no problem with people pointing the finger when it's justified, but to come here and basically rip Miyamoto's legacy to pieces and claim he's done nothing for pushing two decades is utter bullshit.

I know he's produced games since the late 90s. My point is that he hasn't produced anything that revolutionary or genre defining, at least for core gamers, for quite some time. His game design concepts seem a bit out of touch.

Apologies for not being clear.