NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (16th Jan)

Those savage enemy encounters - do they come (in principle) from SMT or Persona (I have never played either series)? When should you fight them? They seem to OHKO each member of my team, each time I try them.

Smoke Machines are your best friend.

I've only played SMT 4, and they're not in there. They might be in Persona, but I'll have to ask @Ugh first aid.

On the first chapter, you don't really have enough tricks in your repertoire to take on Savage enemies reliably.

Around chapter 3, when I had a lot more powerful attacks and mechanics to rely on, I was able to win most of them. (I still keep Smoke Machines handy)

Anyway, I'm on Chapter 5 now, I think I can see the start of the end, although I'm not certain.

Mamorin is easily the best character. Of course, that was obvious, she is an 11 year old girl, after all. So naturally, she's an impenetrable wall with a massive axe, a nice variety of moves to start sessions with and ridiculous healing capabilities! She'll warm your heart with a touch of a button!

Oh, and how she managed to make a cooking show all about Microwaves is beyond me. Genuinely hilarious character!

Cheers, I have only just been able to buy smoke machines from the shop. I think they start in chapter 2.

Speaking of which, I love chapter 2 - interesting dungeon design and creepy aesthetic.

How have you guys been getting on with this? I'm on Chapter 3 and loving it though I have to admit I'm a complete noob. I haven't properly played an RPG in years so whilst I started on normal I did slip to easy when it suggested that I should :P Alas, I'm really enjoying it for the story and weird side-quests as much as anything. The battles look fancy and exciting but I don't know enough about RPG's to really dig too deep into it so I'm fine just breezing through on easy as I am and accidently triggering sessions haha

In the middle of Chapter 4 here, taking my time (~145 hours of playtime now, I think*) and loving every second of it. I think this might be my new favourite game of all time!

(* Quite a bit of this time was definitely spent just obsessing over how adorable Tiki is... :love:)

Edited by FireMeowth

I haven't played any since I last posted about it. Nothing wrong with the game, it just came out during a time where I was a bit apathetic about gaming and found it hard to keep a game going. I'll hopefully get back to it at some point.

Finished it a while back. Absolutely solid RPG with a gorgeous artstyle. It's got a pretty good chance of being in my top 10 this year.

The actual main story was rubbish. I predicted the eleventh hour superpower moment on this actual thread. Won't mention what exactly, but I saw it coming about 5 minutes into the game.

But I don't care though. It's very silly and I love it. The gameplay is the star of the show anyway.

@Dcubed was absolutely flabbergasted by one of the FMV's that played during the finale. Literally had us both thinking "Is this really happening?"

It was, and it was great!

Oh, I forgot this was out already! I was thinking of playing Colour splash after I finish Xenoblade X, but reading your impressions I think I'll go for this :grin: is there a lot of grinding needed to level up?

Oh, I forgot this was out already! I was thinking of playing Colour splash after I finish Xenoblade X, but reading your impressions I think I'll go for this :grin: is there a lot of grinding needed to level up?

Not really. As long as you don't run from everything, you should be fine.

And if it gets too hard, you can always lower the difficulty.

I'm really stuck on Chapter 5, I just can't work out what to do. Can anyone help me?

I'm really stuck on Chapter 5, I just can't work out what to do. Can anyone help me?

I just finished Chapter 5 this weekend, so I'm sure I can help. Which part are you stuck on, exactly?

I just finished Chapter 5 this weekend, so I'm sure I can help. Which part are you stuck on, exactly?

It says to go to the tv station idolasphere to find the dragon shard but when I enter it doen't give any more details, do I have to literally seaech the entire dungeon again?

You should have gotten a Performa for a new Radiant Skill, right? You have to

use the skill to get through the previously unbreakable walls in each of the dungeons. Check indoors in Film Set B, right before exiting towards the bridge to the Chapter 3 boss stage.

Thanks @FireMeowth ! I've done it now, I should have paid more attention to the unbreakable walls! I cleared the section and cleared one set of performa, now off to the 106!

I'm getting a bunch of these double-up moves in the sessions now too, it's so satisfying having 4 or 5 sessions, then having a double up attack and getting another bunch of sessions, I never knew combos could get so high!

Yeah, getting an insanely and excessively long combo is always such a blast. I got up to a 25 combo once by triggering three Duo Arts in a row!

Yeah, getting an insanely and excessively long combo is always such a blast. I got up to a 25 combo once by triggering three Duo Arts in a row!

Wow, that's impressive! I thought getting two was crazy.

It helps that the Duo Arts are some of the most entertaining moves as well.

My favourite one is...

Falling Star, the duo art for Itsuki and Tsubasa, there's something absolutely hilarious about the way Itsuki just flings her away. Makes me laugh every time!

I bought this today. Loving it so far.

Yeah, it's a shame about that, I kinda want to know what the hell they're babbling about. I noticed that some characters say different things depending on the costume they're wearing and I feel like I'm missing out a bit.

That is a shame indeed. The things they say also depend on how tough the battle is/how hurt that character is, or I'm making this up?

My favourite one is...

Falling Star, the duo art for Itsuki and Tsubasa, there's something absolutely hilarious about the way Itsuki just flings her away. Makes me laugh every time!

I love Falling Star for that same reason, but my favourite is Mamori and Tiki's Love for You - it's just so amazingly cute and has an extremely useful effect! :love:

(Plus, because it only uses one of the party members, it allows for all six of the other characters to participate in the session afterwards! Mamori and Barry's Duo Art is great for this reason, too. And because Mamori's School Life costume is adorable, of course.)

That is a shame indeed. The things they say also depend on how tough the battle is/how hurt that character is, or I'm making this up?

They do, yeah, and it is a shame. But I don't really see a way they could have added subtitles without it being terribly messy - the voice lines change so quickly you can easily have 3 (probably even more in some situations) characters talking over each other, after all...

Thankfully most of the generic lines are easily understandable from context and tone of voice, but yeah.

EDIT:

Finished Tiki's final side story last night... I am now 100% convinced that this is by far the best game ever made. <3

Edited by FireMeowth

I just finished the side story 'Barry Forever', he was always a bit weird but it seemed almost sweet but now he's just full on creepy.

Barry is one of my favourite characters, tbh (after Tiki and Mamori, of course), but I can definitely see how he can be quite a bit... over the top for most people.

Barry is one of my favourite characters, tbh (after Tiki and Mamori, of course), but I can definitely see how he can be quite a bit... over the top for most people.

Depending on the chapter he flips between amazing and terrible for me, I can never make my mind up :p

I just reached what I assume is the point of no return...

...which means it's time to turn back! I still have so much left to do before I can finish this - several Class Changes - and therefore also Carnage Unities - to perform, I haven't even touched the Arena yet, and I'm still missing 74 Play Records (though I know a number of them won't be available until new game+).

Maybe I'll be ready for the final boss in a week or so. :heh:

I'm taking my time too pushing random faceless people away from their path, I'm on chapter 2 now. So, I think that I have enough session skills to do a 4 combo with Kiria and Touma, but it has never happened yet. How is the order in which they attack in a session decided? I thought it was turn order, but I'm quite sure I've seen it changing. I'm also hoping that these Duo Arts are something which I'll get later on, not something I've already missed...

I'm taking my time too pushing random faceless people away from their path, I'm on chapter 2 now. So, I think that I have enough session skills to do a 4 combo with Kiria and Touma, but it has never happened yet. How is the order in which they attack in a session decided? I thought it was turn order, but I'm quite sure I've seen it changing. I'm also hoping that these Duo Arts are something which I'll get later on, not something I've already missed...

Each of the characters except Itsuki gets a Radiant Skill called Open Audition, which will let them participate in Session combos even if they're not in the active party. The required Stage Rank varies depending on the character, but Tsubasa and Touma can get it at rank 8, and Kiria at rank 9.

Other than that, Sessions are automatically decided based on what will create the longest chain and/or do the most damage. And they will try to avoid any Sessions that could get interrupted by an opponent with Drain/Repel/Null.

And active party members can only join in a Session before the sub cast, though I don't think you need to worry much about that early on.

Also, you'll know when you unlock Duo Arts. You'll always get a tutorial message when you unlock the first one, and they're usually acquired at the end of side stories or other special scenes. I think your first chance to get one is in the Intermission after Chapter 2 (though that one is a right pain to unlock that early on unless you plan on grinding a lot).

Hope that answers your questions. :)

Edited by FireMeowth
Fixing some typos and stuff.

Each of the characters except Itsuki gets a Radiant Skill called Open Audition, which will let them participate in Session combos even if they're not in the active party. The required Stage Rank varies depending on the character, but Tsubasa and Touma can get it at rank 8, and Kiria at rank 9.

Other than that, Sessions are automatically decided based on what will create the longest chain and/or do the most damage. And they will try to avoid any Sessions that could get interrupted by an opponent with Drain/Repel/Null.

And active party members can only join in a Session before the sub cast, though I don't think you need to worry much about that early on.

Also, you'll know when you unlock Duo Arts. You'll always get a tutorial message when you unlock the first one, and they're usually acquired at the end of side stories or other special scenes. I think your first chance to get one is in the Intermission after Chapter 2 (though that one is a right pain to unlock that early on unless you plan on grinding a lot).

Hope that answers your questions. :)

It does, thank you :smile: Just to make sure: a character can act more than once in a session even if only Session arts are triggered (and not repeated), right?