NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (16th Jan)

It does, thank you :smile: Just to make sure: a character can act more than once in a session even if only Session arts are triggered (and not repeated), right?

No. The only way to get characters to act twice in one session is to have a duo art activate. Once a duo art activates, the characters that don't take part in it can continue the session.

No. The only way to get characters to act twice in one session is to have a duo art activate. Once a duo art activates, the characters that don't take part in it can continue the session.

Aah I see, thanks!

I've stupidly only just discovered the arena :p so I kinda blasted through beginner and intermediate. What do you get from the coins? And where can you trade them in?

I've stupidly only just discovered the arena :p so I kinda blasted through beginner and intermediate. What do you get from the coins? And where can you trade them in?

If I remember right, you automatically get stuff whenever you accumulate a certain amount of coins. You can check what this stuff is by talking to the guy behind the counter. (You gotta make sure you talk to him from behind the counter)

If I remember right, you automatically get stuff whenever you accumulate a certain amount of coins. You can check what this stuff is by talking to the guy behind the counter. (You gotta make sure you talk to him from behind the counter)

Thanks, I'll get a few more coins tonight then!

I've never really had to grind that much in this game but I just had to at the start of Chapter 6 to get enough 6-star prestige for the groups new weapons and skills, still, I don't mind at this point because with all the sessions and dual-arts, every battle is really fun and dramatic, not to mention the dungeon music for Chapter 6 is fucking wonderful.

And I wish I could set Chroms 'enemy nearby' shout as my text tone, his delivery of 'ITSUKI' gets me every time.

Edited by Josh64

Well, it's been two and a half weeks since I reached the final boss, but I only just now completed the game... What an amazing finale!

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

(Shamelessly copied from the comment already on the Miiverse post.)

That ending really had me on the verge of tears, though... I - and more importantly Itsuki - will really miss all the Mirages... Especially Tiki, of course, but also all the others - from Chrom and Virion to even the minor characters like Mitesh and Naranash... Hopefully he'll someday be able to meet them all again... Preferably in a less world-threatening situation!

Also, the credits song was absolutely amazing, too. They clearly knew exactly how I'd be feeling, cause those lyrics really spoke to me, haha...

Edited by FireMeowth

I've just completed the game and oh man, what a journey! I loved it from start to finish, it's my favourite experience on Wii U and possibly my favourite game in the last 5 years. I agree @FireMeowth - That ending had me on the verge of tears - not to mention the opera of light :bowdown:

I love that with the final battle, meeting up with the team for the last time and credits that the ending ended up being like 3/4 hours long. I usually feel a bit deflated at the end of a game but they really made sure you got true closure with this.

Is there anything in the game or menus that explains what you are supposed to be doing? I've just come back to the game after not playing it for months and months, no idea what I'm doing! It looks like I last saved in a dungeon but I thought I had completed this one so I must be back in there for some other reason.

When viewing the TOPIC messages for the current chapter, press the button in the top right ("Details", I think?). It will have a summary of what has happened in the chapter so far and usually gives you an indication as to what you should be doing next. Assuming you're not in an intermission, of course.

You might have gone back to an earlier dungeon for a sidequest in which case you should check the map - either the dungeon map for an enemy icon or just the Tokyo maps to see if there's an accepted quest somewhere, so you can check the details with the quest giver. Or maybe you wanted to grind for Unity materials, but you'll have to check that back at the Bloom Palace, I guess.

Thanks. Turns out I was only halfway through saving Tsubasa's sister so I've just finished doing that now.

Looks like Japan is getting the censored version.

Nintendo have issued an apology for the Japanese version of Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE Encore (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE) on Nintendo Switch being censored and not relaying this information earlier. People who have pre-purchased the title on the Nintendo eShop or My Nintendo Store will be able to cancel their order for a full refund.

Seems funny that this has popped up given what we've been talking about in the DQ thread.

17 minutes ago, Ike said:

I still don't get the uproar about it.

Typical gamer outrage about a game having less blatant fanservice and swimsuits.

I've already made my views clear.

52 minutes ago, Ike said:

I still don't get the uproar about it.

Some people just really need to get their paedophilic jollies.

I'm ready for the J-Pop (and jiggle physics)

Overview trailer

Combat trailer

content-4-36086-tokyomiragesessionsfeencorenewsongbanner.jpg

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore preview video for "She Is..." song

Check out the preview for the new song "She is..." from the upcoming Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore which will be released on January 17th on the Switch. :D

I'll be picking this title up again seeing as I never finished it on the Wii U, hopefully it will get the second chance it deserves on the Switch. :smile:

• Thanks 1

content-4-36108-tokyomiragesessionfeencorebanner.jpg

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore battle trailer

And it's up on the main page.

It's a good trailer as well, really gives a good idea of how the battle system works and shows off some new stuff as well I think.

I'm really hoping to play the game through properly this time, I may even sell the Wii U version as I won't be going back to it now this version exists.

• Like 1

Oh wow! Wasn't expecting Etrian Odyssey to get some love here! That's super cool!

Can we get some Radiant Historia and Trauma Center costumes now Atlus? Everyone knows that those are secretly your best games anyway!

Edited by Dcubed

17 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Can we get some Radiant Historia and Trauma Center costumes now Atlus? Everyone knows that those are secretly your best games anyway!

I'm pretty sure one of the characters had a doctor outfit in the WiiU version. (Or it might have been an evil scientist, been a while)

Edited by Glen-i

For those who don't know, the cast from this game has recently appeared in Fire Emblem Heroes... and along with it came English voice acting!

The actual game itself only has Japanese voice acting, right? Kind of a weird situation.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

For those who don't know, the cast from this game has recently appeared in Fire Emblem Heroes... and along with it came English voice acting!

The actual game itself only has Japanese voice acting, right? Kind of a weird situation.

That is... really weird, it's almost as if they decided...

"Well we're not going to bother including an English voice-over for the definitive edition of Tokyo Mirage Session, releasing on our main platform which is selling loads but let's make a few voice clips for the TMS cameos in our Fire Emblem game on mobile because it will really make a difference there"

I know that's not how it is really but it's still odd because if people playing Fire Emblem Heroes see these characters, hear them and think 'I might just check out that Tokyo Mirage Sessions game on Switch' then they won't be able to hear the same voices in the main game because there's only Japanese voice over available.

As I understand it, there was no English voice over in the Wii U version so at least there is consistency between that and the Switch version but it just makes the English voice clips in Fire Emblem Heroes even more odd... but I suppose from the perspective of having continuity within the mobile game it would make sense, as I'm guessing that all the characters in that game so far all have English voices?

It still feels odd... :p not that it matters that much though I suppose, given the choice for a game like TMS playing it with the original Japanese voice over feels right.

9 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

As I understand it, there was no English voice over in the Wii U version so at least there is consistency between that and the Switch version but it just makes the English voice clips in Fire Emblem Heroes even more odd... but I suppose from the perspective of having continuity within the mobile game it would make sense, as I'm guessing that all the characters in that game so far all have English voices?

It has more to do with this, yeah. FE Heroes is the game that debuted official English voice actors for Marth and Roy, as well as official names and terms that up until that point had depended exclusively on fan translations (like "Wendy" and "Raquesis" suddenly being canonized as "Gwendolyn" and "Lachesis", respectively).

The Switch version not having any English voice acting is a decision made on Atlus' end (either for artistic purposes, or logistic/financial ones). But FEH needed to stay consistent with what it has been doing so far, so Intelligent Systems chose English option regardless.

• Thanks 1