NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (16th Jan)

4chan can be a good source, before X/Y lots of those mega's were revealed on there before anywhere else, but yeah it also can be complete works of fiction

I could believe that the game had been cancelled, but that rumour doesn't sound true. How could they possibly know that Nintendo intends to do some shuffling with Intelligent Systems?

In fact, the source doesn't even mention IS by name.

4chan can be a good source, before X/Y lots of those mega's were revealed on there before anywhere else, but yeah it also can be complete works of fiction

Because people had copies of the game early. Not because of insider information.

This seems to be linked to a rumour (again, with dubious sources) that Paper Mario 5 is going to be announced soon.

Well the 5th has come and gone. So this means it was nonsense, right?

Surely the lack of movement on this title is because Atlus were busy with Persona Q and Intelligent Systems are busy with Codename STEAM?

Cause when I'm looking for a reliable source for rumours, 4chan is the first place I would go to... :indeed:

Shin Megami X Fire Emblem - First Gameplay Trailer

ATLUS,CO.,LTD.

Illusory Revelations ♯ Fire Emblem – Producer

Shinjiro Takada

Greetings!

It’s nice to meet all of you, or shall I say, see all of you again. This is Shinjiro Takada from ATLUS. Usually, I am responsible for working on the Devil Survivor* series, but this time, I was tasked with working on the production for the upcoming crossover title “Illusory Revelations ♯ Fire Emblem*”

After over two long years of keeping you waiting, we felt it was finally time to showcase this game. Did you have a look at the new PV*?

This is the result of our collaboration work on the “Fire Emblem” series. I think many people will find it quite different than they had originally expected. Originally, it was very challenging for us to get the “Fire Emblem” aspect into the game, but we worked carefully with Nintendo to ensure it’d work well and deliver the feeling you get from the series.

But, “as long as development of this title conforms with what Intelligent Systems originally would have wanted, and ATLUS develops it and triumphs through it, then ATLUS’ work is good.”

It was following that that we were able to come to our conclusion and settle on the concept for this project. As a result of this, “Illusory Revelations ♯ Fire Emblem” follows the basic axis of what I would say are “Realistic characters who suffer from many conflicts and worries in modern-day Japan” in this RPG. It was capturing the feeling of “Fire Emblem” that was the real challenge during the development of this concept, as this is a collaboration.

In this PV, many people may find it hard to understand where the essence of “Fire Emblem” comes into play. However, this will be explained more in the future, so please wait for a follow-up to this.

The character designs that would become the face of this project were designed by toi8*, who we had requested to assist us. Even though “Illusory Revelations ♯ Fire Emblem” follows its own world and has a touch of fresh colors and poppy visuals, we wanted to make it easy to get into the world of this game, while still making it look refined and familiar for those who are fans of the series.

Although only four characters appear in the spotlight of this PV, there are more characters (some of which make a quick appearance in the PV) prepared for the future, so please stay tuned!

It should also be noted that “Illusory Revelations ♯ Fire Emblem” has given us the opportunity to work with other developers. This time, in the first edition of this creators’ blog, you got to hear comments from me, the top batter of the project. But, we have interviews planned with other ATLUS staff and developers in the future, so we hope everyone will enjoy it!

While development has finally reached its climax, and we are celebrating that, there is still a ways to go. We are working hard on to bring this game to you with our staff. However, there is still some work to be done, so this game will be released this winter. We thank you for your patience, and hope to make a project with our team that everyone can enjoy!

*”Illusory Revelations ♯ Fire Emblem” is not the official localized title, and is a translation of the title by us.

*”PV” stands for “promo video” or “promotional video” and is usually what most trailers are called for Japanese games.

*”Devil Survivor” is a series that was originally released for the Nintendo DS in Japan and North America in 2009 with its first title “Megami Ibunroku: Devil Survivor”. This game was localized under the title of “Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor” in international regions, and has seen massive success, branching off into a sequel as well as an enhanced port of the first two games for the Nintendo 3DS.

*”toi8 (といはち)” is an artist who does character designs for different types of media.

This interview was translated by Mystic of TRADUKO Soft. You are free to share this interview anywhere you’d like, as long as you credit me. Please note that as this is a translated interview, certain translations may differ from the original Japanese text. TRADUKO Soft claims no rights to anything by ATLUS, Intelligent Systems, Nintendo, or any of their franchises, which includes FIRE EMBLEM or the SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI franchise. This is a translated interview for fans to enjoy. Please stay tuned for more in the future as they become available!

http://www.tradukosoft.com/2015/04/342/

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Looks hideous, pretty much everything about JRPGs which I dislike is in that trailer! On the bright side, looks like Atlus is doing most of the development work. Maybe Intelligent Systems will have a bit of spare time to make a new Advance Wars?

I can't wait to read the eventual Iwata Asks for this one! What the hell happened with this project!?

This is clearly not the game that they set out to make originally... Intelligent Systems are seemingly barely involved at all anymore!

I can absolutely see why we had the radio silence for so long now... This game's development absolutely smacks of Metal Gear Rising/Conker's Bad Fur Day syndrome!

Of course, both of those games turned out amazing in the end, so I still have high hopes for this one, even if there's barely anything resembling Fire Emblem in there anymore!

I can't wait to read the eventual Iwata Asks for this one! What the hell happened with this project!?

This is clearly not the game that they set out to make originally... Intelligent Systems are seemingly barely involved at all anymore!

I can absolutely see why we had the radio silence for so long now... This game's development absolutely smacks of Metal Gear Rising/Conker's Bad Fur Day syndrome!

Of course, both of those games turned out amazing in the end, so I still have high hopes for this one, even if there's barely anything resembling Fire Emblem in there anymore!

Yeah, good point. It looks very much like an Atlus game with them simply given permission to use some Fire Emblem characters. I don't know the history of Metal Gear Rising/Conker's Bad Fur Day, but this does seem very much like a "Give them the licence" job.

Yeah, I noticed Iwata only mention Atlus in the Direct. Maybe IS decided to focus on Project STEAM and FE:If?

Yeah, I noticed Iwata only mention Atlus in the Direct. Maybe IS decided to focus on Project STEAM and FE:If?

Not to mention that the wording in the statement that Atlus made...

After over two long years of keeping you waiting, we felt it was finally time to showcase this game. Did you have a look at the new PV*?

This is the result of our collaboration work on the “Fire Emblem” series. I think many people will find it quite different than they had originally expected. Originally, it was very challenging for us to get the “Fire Emblem” aspect into the game, but we worked carefully with Nintendo to ensure it’d work well and deliver the feeling you get from the series.

But, “as long as development of this title conforms with what Intelligent Systems originally would have wanted, and ATLUS develops it and triumphs through it, then ATLUS’ work is good.”

It was following that that we were able to come to our conclusion and settle on the concept for this project. As a result of this, “Illusory Revelations ♯ Fire Emblem” follows the basic axis of what I would say are “Realistic characters who suffer from many conflicts and worries in modern-day Japan” in this RPG. It was capturing the feeling of “Fire Emblem” that was the real challenge during the development of this concept, as this is a collaboration.

... would suggest that something went wrong during development and IS pulled out - leaving them to make something themselves that would carry the spirit of IS' original vision...

Not to mention that the wording in the statement that Atlus made...

... would suggest that something went wrong during development and IS pulled out - leaving them to make something themselves that would carry the spirit of IS' original vision...

I suspected they would have difficulties incorporating the FE side of things. From the trailer it doesn't resemble a FE game even slightly.

I have faith in Atlus, but at this point in time I do have some concerns about the FE side of the collaboration.

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem - Trailer Analysis (Secrets & Hidden Details)

Watching the Treehouse Live footage... yeah it's basically a new Persona game.

There's pretty much nothing of SMT or FE in this outside of a few references here and there (and a Splatoon one as well for some strange reason :laughing:).

About the only thing really separating this from Persona is the Gamepad usage (where it basically acts as a mobile phone) and the fact that the dungeons seem to have some actual puzzles and some semblance of level design this time (which instantly makes it MUCH more interesting to me!)

Edited by Dcubed

You know, for all that people are disappointed with Nintendo for one reason or the other, this is the one that really gets me: it's a crossover between Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem... and the game has next to nothing to do with either Shin Megami Tensei OR Fire Emblem!

Obviously, I want to blame Atlus for this, but I don't know if they were the ones responsible for announcing it as SMTxFE in the first place.

As someone who has next to no interest in SMT and little interest in Fire Emblem, I must say... this game looks absolutely amazing! I loved everything I saw in the Treehouse segment.

That said, I'm not sure I'd trust Atlus to give us a game with dual-audio (or Japanese-only with subs, either would work for me), so I probably shouldn't get too excited... :(

As someone who has next to no interest in SMT and little interest in Fire Emblem, I must say... this game looks absolutely amazing! I loved everything I saw in the Treehouse segment.

That said, I'm not sure I'd trust Atlus to give us a game with dual-audio (or Japanese-only with subs, either would work for me), so I probably shouldn't get too excited... :(

Ikr? I'm exactly the same since I saw the original trailer in the direct a while back. As Daft remarked in the chat it's just so japanese but I'm not even bothered by that - it just looks exciting and vibrant and even though I find turn-based games can grind on me I'm still feeling like I'd be willing to take a risk on this when it comes. Only caught a bit of it on Treehouse but it just...I dunno, it looks so vibrant!!

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/genei-ibun-roku-fe-famitsu-game-in-debug-phase-details-on-fire-emblem-characters-more/

Got some new info from Famitsu. Bulletpointed:

Game is about 30h for just the main story (more with sidequests, extra content of course)

They're entering the debug and polish phase

Characters from (at least) FE:A and the first Famicom FE game (Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light) appear (both villains and good guys)

Characters chosen by popularity

Game is not really a crossover but rather something entirely new and different with elements from both series

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem Analysis - E3 Gameplay Part 1 (Setting & Characters)