NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

I only hope that the NX will be really powerfull and that they make Xenoblade Chronicles XXXXX (whatever),

Dirty bastard. :laughing:

I had anmother looking at the Wii U internal memory last night and managed to clean a bunch of stuff off and free up 16GB worth of memory. I just ended up deleting the stupidly large updates from Mario Kart/Smash Bros./Hyrule Warriors and just kept the game data. I also got rid of the Pikmin Short movies and any Wii games I had installed, again, keeping the save data, though.

Once all of that was done I managed to download all the data packets. Game on. : peace:

Dirty bastard. :laughing:

Damn and I wanted to use few other letters :D. Yeah, "great choice Kounan" :D.

Game on for me as well. Got the shipping notice this morning and the packs on my internal memory.

I moved Pikmin 3 and Wii Sports Club to the HD in the end.

Also isn't Xenoblade Chronicles XXXXX already out - the Japanese version? :heh:

(Perhaps it doesn't need quite so many X's)

Maybe when I'm finished with Just Cause 3 I will buy this. Not in a rush though, despite loving Xenoblade I'm not very interested in this. The giant robots actually put me off as soon as I heard about them long time ago.

I had anmother looking at the Wii U internal memory last night and managed to clean a bunch of stuff off and free up 16GB worth of memory. I just ended up deleting the stupidly large updates from Mario Kart/Smash Bros./Hyrule Warriors and just kept the game data. I also got rid of the Pikmin Short movies and any Wii games I had installed, again, keeping the save data, though.

Once all of that was done I managed to download all the data packets. Game on. : peace:

I cannot believe for someone who plays so many games, you didn't buy an external hard drive and just keep it all there....

I cannot believe for someone who plays so many games, you didn't buy an external hard drive and just keep it all there....

Shouldn't have to. :heh:

To be fair, I don't do digital and much prefer physical goods, so the memory used has been fine. The data has been slowly sapped away not due to all the VC/eShop games I have, but the size of the patches/updates that have cropped up in certain games.

Seeing as this is the first Wii U game to really need the hard drive for something useful it makes complete sense that a lot of people haven't bought a hard drive just for their Wii U. Most digital prices are a rip off so there's little incentive to get the digital versions.

I also don't need to download VC games as I did all that back on the Wii, and have most of the Wii games still in disc format that I ever really wanted to play.

I won't be buying a hard drive just for this.

Yeah it would have been nice to have downloaded the extra files but I barely touch my Wii U as it is so theres just no point in me wasting money on a new hard drive.

Got my dispatch email this morning anyway so I'll probably give it a quick try tomorrow and then start it properly once im done with Fallout 4.

I agree that buying a hard drive just for this would be a waste. I would have thought @RedShell 's suggestion that a USB pen could still help. (Most people have one lying around somewhere don't they?)

It does not matter if the read write count is limited if all you do is copy some stuff onto it (then remove it) whilst you play XCX and copy it back afterwards.

I agree that buying a hard drive just for this would be a waste. I would have thought @RedShell 's suggestion that a USB pen could still help. (Most people have one lying around somewhere don't they?)

It does not matter if the read write count is limited if all you do is copy some stuff onto it (then remove it) whilst you play XCX and copy it back afterwards.

Is that really a thing then? I always thought it was a myth. :hmm:

But yeah, those that don't want to invest in an external HDD solely for this game (and rightly so) should just try using a USB stick instead.

Yeah I think so:

http://www.flashbay.co.uk/blog/usb-life-expectancy

The life expectancy of a USB Flash Drive can be measured by the number of write or erase cycles. USB flash drives can withstand between 10,000 to 100,000 write/erase cycles, depending on the memory technology used.

Not reading therefore, but writing. If the pen was being used consistently by the Wii U (who knows what crazy tricks it pulls, when running a game from it) then you could conceivably quite easily hit the limit.

So my game got dispatched early this morning, hoping it arrives tomorrow as I'm off Friday through to Monday!

Think I'm going to invest in the WiiU side of things post new year, definitely this & MArio Maker. Start 2016 off right.

image_zpscuqbrewu.jpg

It has arrived. I doubt I'll start it until Saturday, though.

Lucky you :), I have to wait for at lest another 5 days.

Edited by Kounan

Arrived this morning. Played a little over an hour so far. Mostly hand holding and tutorials for now.

image_zpscuqbrewu.jpg

It has arrived. I doubt I'll start it until Saturday, though.

Excellent, shopto for the win. Game collection is usually a bit cheaper but I am becoming more tempted back to shopto with these early dates....

Not that I want to put a dampener on the situation, but .. ugh.. My love for this game has turned into pure frustration this week. I've basically been stuck in the same spot since Sunday, unable to make any progress in a late-ish story mission as I can't take more than an eighth or so off a boss' health bar before dying. I've spent the last six or seven hours of game time alternating between trying to beat it and slowly grinding and levelling up, though I'm already five levels higher than the boss now. Very irritating...

Lucky you :), I have to wait for at lest another 5 days.

And I have to wait at least 2 weeks for shipping :(

50581266_total_recall_two_weeks.jpeg

Good things come to those that wait.

Not that I want to put a dampener on the situation, but .. ugh.. My love for this game has turned into pure frustration this week. I've basically been stuck in the same spot since Sunday, unable to make any progress in a late-ish story mission as I can't take more than an eighth or so off a boss' health bar before dying. I've spent the last six or seven hours of game time alternating between trying to beat it and slowly grinding and levelling up, though I'm already five levels higher than the boss now. Very irritating...

Did you play the original game, Mike? That also had a couple of difficulty spikes, especially Lorithia.....man, I hated her with a passion.

It did indeed. I hope that when those difficulty spikes occur, grabbing an online NPC buddy at a higher level might help. Or doing some of the multi-player quests might make the grinding more palatable.

The director of this game and XC has some real blind spots when it comes to gameplay in terms of difficulty spikes and super rare random item drops. (Both it would seem, are back)

I am playing Xenoblade Chronicles and I have a question about characters. Do I need to change the characters, or can I always use only one? I don't like changing characters so I usually only use one (Shulk in this case).

Reason I will never ever buy this game... The opposite of what I find fun in a game!

I am playing Xenoblade Chronicles and I have a question about characters. Do I need to change the characters, or can I always use only one? I don't like changing characters so I usually only use one (Shulk in this case).

I used Shulk for the whole game, except for the Lorithia(*) battle that @Hero\-of\-Time refers to. In that battle I switched Melia to main, which you can do to prevent grinding at that point. (The AI is too stupid to use Melia effectively enough in that fight.)

(* A battle about 90% through the main game.)