NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

Interesting how Europe is still lacking the ability to preload the game or the optional data packs when America has been able to since last week

Interesting how Europe is still lacking the ability to preload the game or the optional data packs when America has been able to since last week

I wanted to ask about it. OK, so it's not me at least :D.

Europe has lacked the ability to preload anything since... ever!

Dunno why on earth NOE are seemingly incapable of following suit in that regard ::shrug:

How big is the data pack? I may have to buy a HDD if it's too large. I've done well to manage my games/data so far but this may be the point where I have to actually buy one, which I won't be happy with.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.

x3zAPXg.png

Yeah, i'm probably going to have to buy one. :(

Edited by Hero-of-Time

How big is the data pack? I may have to buy a HDD if it's too large. I've done well to manage my games/data so far but this may be the point where I have to actually buy one, which I won't be happy with.

Yeah, i'm probably going to have to buy one. :(

I'm just going to copy this from the Wii U thread...

Toshiba Canvio 2TB powered USB hard drive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009HXWTGO/ref=twister_B00BATC05S?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Never had any problems with it. : peace:

Once you have your hard drive sorted, you'll never look back. : peace:

I know it's an extra expense but once you have it, you'll likely be looking for ways to try and fill it up, who knows we might yet get Gamecube VC games. :)

If there's any game to get a hard drive for, it's got to be this one I'd have thought, you've done very well to get by without needing one until now.

Once you have your hard drive sorted, you'll never look back. : peace:

I know it's an extra expense but once you have it, you'll likely be looking for ways to try and fill it up, who knows we might yet get Gamecube VC games. :)

If there's any game to get a hard drive for, it's got to be this one I'd have thought, you've done very well to get by without needing one until now.

Cheers.

Is it powered by an external power supply? I remember Nintendo recommending that was the way to go.

Yeah, I've managed really well up until now. I do have to keep deleting any Wii games I have downloaded once I have finished them, though.

EDIT: Ah, just read the description and it seems it does come with its own AC adaptor. I may have to invest in this...

Is it powered by an external power supply? I remember Nintendo recommending that was the way to go.
While that is indeed the recommendation from them, I've used a non-mains powered external drive for ages with my Wii U (hooked up via Y cable) and not had any problems. Was using a USB stick before then :heh: (despite those also being not recommended) and that was fine too.

So yeah, I don't think it's a big deal really. Still wish the Wii U just came with a decent size HHD in the first place though. :blank:

While that is indeed the recommendation from them, I've used a non-mains powered external drive for ages with my Wii U (hooked up via Y cable) and not had any problems. Was using a USB stick before then :heh: (despite those also being not recommended) and that was fine too.

So yeah, I don't think it's a big deal really. Still wish the Wii U just came with a decent size HHD in the first place though. :blank:

My one also works great, for now (Y cable connected).

Speed comparison of the packs vs no packs. Personally, I think downloading all those packs and storing them is probably not worth the hassle!

5 seconds here, 10 seconds there... ot all adds up! :)

I have a hard drive so I'm making the most of it, all packs day 1 for me. : peace:

Are we definitely getting the packs in Europe?

They could download them before the game in Japan could they not?

Also, would it be better to have them on the console rather than the HD as the internal memory is quicker than HD access....

Speed comparison of the packs vs no packs. Personally, I think downloading all those packs and storing them is probably not worth the hassle!

It's not just load times. They improve textures etc.

Are we definitely getting the packs in Europe?

They could download them before the game in Japan could they not?

Also, would it be better to have them on the console rather than the HD as the internal memory is quicker than HD access....

We'll definitely get them, it's just a matter of when. I'd like to have them before it arrives!

Details about the online element in this game still seem to be pretty thin on the ground. I know that you 'loosely' join 32 man squads and that after some criteria is met you can join up with 3 others to take down larger bosses.

Given the recent Mario Tennis debacle though I am wondering can you actually join up with friends for online (squads or fours)?

How many of you guys are going to buy this game?

I'm still not sure, though I know I definitely won't be getting it right away :heh:

Like the original Xenoblade Chronicles, it'll probably have to be a ridiculously good deal for me to jump in but that may well happen somewhere down the line :smile:

Due to my insistence on not buying an external HDD for Wii U, I wouldn't be bothering with all of those installs to make the game quicker. I think I have about 4-5GB of free space left on my 32GB Wii U and I don't really see anything coming that will require me to surpass that :grin:

I am only sorry that I will, probably, not have enough money for

FAST: Racing Neo to get after XCX (I will get it, I hope, but at a later date even if I am not a great fan, but they really did put a lot of effort in it).

I should have preordered XCX, but now it's to late to make any big savings so I will wait to see what they offer on the eShop (I still prefer the physical version, I want the box :D ).

I hope few people from this forum will buy it as it seems that there will be online play, so it would be nice to team up.

Btw. Why don't you get a smaller HDD and you can still use it later for other things?

Why don't you get a smaller HDD and you can still use it later for other things?

I haven't needed one this far and I don't want unneccessary clutter around my consoles :heh:

With only really Starfox, Zelda and Twilight Princess HD on the horizon for me on Wii U, with possibly this and Mario Tennis eventually (if both plummet in price :grin:) I imagine my remaining space will be able to cope with the accompanying save files of each of these titles :hehe:

I haven't needed one this far and I don't want unneccessary clutter around my consoles :heh:

With only really Starfox, Zelda and Twilight Princess HD on the horizon for me on Wii U, with possibly this and Mario Tennis eventually (if both plummet in price :grin:) I imagine my remaining space will be able to cope with the accompanying save files of each of these titles :hehe:

Yeah, you guys probably use the eShop far less than me, because you have normal prices.

But at least I have all of my games installed now and ready to play.

The only physical copy I have that I care about is MK8 (I've just sold ZombieU and am trying to sell Batman AC and FIFA 13), everything else is digital.

Yeah, you guys probably use the eShop far less than me, because you have normal prices.

But at least I have all of my games installed now and ready to play.

The only physical copy I have that I care about is MK8 (I've just sold ZombieU and am trying to sell Batman AC and FIFA 13), everything else is digital.

Digitally, I only have Wii Party U (which was free as part of a promotion) and Wii Sports Club along with a few VC titles that I also downloaded as part of a promotion where each one was 30p, including Super Metroid and F-Zero. Apart from that, the Wii U VC is relatively unappealing due to having most of what I want on the original Wii and not being entirely sure where these games are going to stand leading into NX.

Portable SNES and N64 games are way more enticing than being able to play on the Gamepad so hopefully that will finally be realised with NX.

Pre-ordered ages ago, after playing through the 3DS game, which I didn't finish due to not wanting to burn out on Xenoblade goodness, I loved it. This was an essential purchase for me to get. Only game on Wii U retail I've bought this year. Wow. Although the eShop has kept me honest.

I've been waiting years for it, so I'm definitely buying it, it had me the moment they told me you can have your own giant robot.

Need to pre-order it soon though haha

I think a lot of people on this forum will be getting the game I'd imagine. Im not though, really didn't like Xenoblade. I don't like RPGs. I'd rather play 5-10 other games in the time it takes me to finish this one.

I was going to get it on release, but unless there's something super compelling and awesome about the online, I'm probably going to wait a while now as I've got other things to be playing yet. @Mike's post did re-invigorate me, as I recall how good the original was for me, so possibly depending on his, the N-E review, and opinions here I might cave after a week or two instead.