NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

Ahhh, the ol' break topple and daze! The combat system for Xenoblade definitely made it much more tolerable for me as a JRPG - I'm really not sure if I'll be feeling the changes they're making for X though. Really lost most of my excitement for the game now - just taking far too long! Do we even have a UK date as yet?

I'm not excited at all for X. Tempted to miss out on it at launch and get it further down the line if it's really worth playing.

It doesn't seem to have the same wow factor as Xenoblade did.

It doesn't seem to have the same wow factor as Xenoblade did.

To be frank, I'm thinking the same thing. And if you go in expecting that, I believe there's a good chance you'll be disappointed.

I'm not expecting to be not even nearly as good as Xenoblade.

But I'm still getting it, Xenoblade's gameplay is so good, that I'm bound to still enjoy X!

To be frank, I'm thinking the same thing. And if you go in expecting that, I believe there's a good chance you'll be disappointed.

I'm not expecting to be not even nearly as good as Xenoblade.

But I'm still getting it, Xenoblade's gameplay is so good, that I'm bound to still enjoy X!

Yeah, I'm still expecting it to be a good game, so no doubt I'll get it eventually. I'm just in no rush to play it, the opposite of Xenoblade, where I just couldn't wait.

I think I know which battle you mean. Metalface?

Welcome to one of the difficulty spikes in this game. :p

It can be frustrating. My advice: Get yourself onto Youtube to see how somebody else does it. Sometimes you need to see what they're doing because it can feel incredibly overwhelming at times. Especially as you're fairly early on in this game and everything is a bit chaotic and quick.

It would be nice if you could get past this bit. There's a great game underneath it's moments of frustration.

I didn't bother with YouTube.. but I did beat it this morning :yay: I knew I had overcome this battle before so it ended up a case of being patient and really thinking about what I'm doing instead of rushing in getting overwhelmed.

I definitely fear coming unstuck further down the line but I progressed to the Ether Mines where, upon meeting Otharon, entered a battle that I recognised instantly as having given me trouble previously. Thankfully, I dispatched the Mechon with ease :smile:

With that, I'm creeping up on where I stopped playing a few years ago and should be into new territory within the next couple of hours of play.

It hasn't beaten me just yet :grin:

I didn't bother with YouTube.. but I did beat it this morning :yay: I knew I had overcome this battle before so it ended up a case of being patient and really thinking about what I'm doing instead of rushing in getting overwhelmed.

I definitely fear coming unstuck further down the line but I progressed to the Ether Mines where, upon meeting Otharon, entered a battle that I recognised instantly as having given me trouble previously. Thankfully, I dispatched the Mechon with ease :smile:

With that, I'm creeping up on where I stopped playing a few years ago and should be into new territory within the next couple of hours of play.

It hasn't beaten me just yet :grin:

What a bunch of jokers! Well done.

Keep at it.

After thinking about this logically and doing a quick search I've found that it's entirely possible for me to copy my original Wii save over to my Wii U and continue playing with the digital version. :)

I suppose this should be obvious being that it's the same game but still, it would mean that I could continue my 50 hours in save from years ago, I really should endeavour to finally finish it sometime before December. :indeed:

After thinking about this logically and doing a quick search I've found that it's entirely possible for me to copy my original Wii save over to my Wii U and continue playing with the digital version. :)

I suppose this should be obvious being that it's the same game but still, it would mean that I could continue my 50 hours in save from years ago, I really should endeavour to finally finish it sometime before December. :indeed:

50 hours in? Yeah, go for it!

You're getting to the best bit soon.

Brah, how you going to do The Witcher in a month if it takes you this long to do Xenoblade? :heh:

I've surpassed my original save file at a higher level and 2 hours faster :eek:

I have, however, just reached Xord and feel like this is going to be yet another boss that makes me question what I'm doing trying to conquer this beast..

I've surpassed my original save file at a higher level and 2 hours faster :eek:

I have, however, just reached Xord and feel like this is going to be yet another boss that makes me question what I'm doing trying to conquer this beast..

Focus on the smaller enemies and try to build up your Chain Attack meter.

If you manage to nail a bonus effect, (Using Back Slash from behind, etc) the meter goes up faster.

Make sure your party members are focusing their attacks on one enemy.

Once you have the chain attack ready, use it to break and topple Xord.

Then hit him hard!

Focus on the smaller enemies and try to build up your Chain Attack meter.

If you manage to nail a bonus effect, (Using Back Slash from behind, etc) the meter goes up faster.

Make sure your party members are focusing their attacks on one enemy.

Once you have the chain attack ready, use it to break and topple Xord.

Then hit him hard!

Thanks :smile: I was actually already trying that but could never get the meter built up without someone running out of HP. I may go build it up elsewhere and return to the battle with it at its maximum!

I beat Xord this afternoon before work.. and it felt great :yay:

The rollercoaster continues :grin:

Good man. There's not really anything to worry about for a while now, I think. Just sit back and enjoy the story. Maybe sure you do some sidequests and enjoy the soundtrack.

Good man. There's not really anything to worry about for a while now, I think. Just sit back and enjoy the story. Maybe sure you do some sidequests and enjoy the soundtrack.

I think the fact that I'm overcoming the hurdles is giving me the confidence to carry on :hehe: It has been mostly great!

I think the fact that I'm overcoming the hurdles is giving me the confidence to carry on :hehe: It has been mostly great!

It's happening! It's getting to the point where he's starting to enjoy the progression!

Keep it up! N-Europe belieeeeeeves in you!

It's a great game. There were one or two moments where I raged, but there's too much other good stuff that overshadows it.

Where are you now? Which region?

Speak for yourself. :D

You, sir, are a...

Wow, I can't believe I'm about to type this.

You, sir, are a meanie!

There, it had to be said. Now I hope you take a long, hard lok at yourself and reevaluate your life.

You've been told.

Edited by Glen-i

There, it had to be said. Now I hope you take a long, hard lok at yourself and reevaluate your life.

You've been told.

What's a lok? :heh:

Where are you now?

I'm at work :heh:

I had to leave the game yesterday shortly after escaping the Ether Mines. I'm only about 10 hours in..

I had to leave the game yesterday shortly after escaping the Ether Mines. I'm only about 10 hours in..

Did you ever play The Last Story? I thought it was the best game out of the 3 Wii RPGs that we got and it's only around 10-12 hours long, IIRC. It's a much tighter experience.

EDIT: Scratch that. I just checked my final playtime and it was 19 hours.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Did you ever play The Last Story? I thought it was the best game out of the 3 Wii RPGs that we got and it's only around 10-12 hours long, IIRC. It's a much tighter experience.

EDIT: Scratch that. I just checked my final playtime and it was 19 hours.

I always thought The Last Story was the weakest of the 3 Rainfall games.

Then again, weaker then Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower is still pretty damn great! It was fun, but it got a little bit repetitive near the end, only a little.

The best thing about it was the supporting characters. The male and female leads were a bit bland, but the other characters were actually generally endearing.

300?cb=20120704210257

Syrenne's story arc actually had me holding back tears at one point.

Best character in the entire game. Maybe even best in the past few years.

Maybe I should play through it again... But I don't want to risk playing it, only for a WiiU VC version getting released.

Damn you, Xenoblade...

Edited by Glen-i