NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I wanted to bump the Arkham Asylum thread, but the last post was in 2010...even I have limits, ahah.

I'm playing this through PS Now. I'm having a fantastic time with it. It's just very simple, streamlined and no added bullshit. It's amazing when you compare this to Arkham Knight and you can see how much the series has evolved. I'm planning to go through the series, from Asylum to City (which I played on WiiU) to Origins to Knight (which I've played on PS4). Not really fussed about 100%ing the game, I'm really in it for the main story.

Asylum is still the best one of the lot for me. No massive open world to explore, just nice interconnected areas that are big enough to have in but not too big where moving around the place becomes a chore. Amazing game.

Anyone know of any PlayStation offers for plus? Mines up for renewal! I'm sure there was one over Easter but can't find it now.... Wah!!

I wanted to bump the Arkham Asylum thread, but the last post was in 2010...even I have limits, ahah.

I'm playing this through PS Now. I'm having a fantastic time with it. It's just very simple, streamlined and no added bullshit. It's amazing when you compare this to Arkham Knight and you can see how much the series has evolved. I'm planning to go through the series, from Asylum to City (which I played on WiiU) to Origins to Knight (which I've played on PS4). Not really fussed about 100%ing the game, I'm really in it for the main story.

I didn't even know I could play Arkham Asylum on my PS4! I may have to look into this..

Anyone know of any PlayStation offers for plus? Mines up for renewal! I'm sure there was one over Easter but can't find it now.... Wah!!

Should've bought the £37 Steelbook HoT mentioned last week ;) No sense in waiting til its expired....

Although I'm inclined to think Shopto went through all of those looking for 20th Anniversary PS4 winning tickets and then resealed them.

The best price when there's no really good offer on is usually cdkeys with the 5% discount for liking their facebook page.

Or if you know it's worth it to buy £20 of credit, get one of the steelbooks at full price (£50) eg: http://www.365games.co.uk/ps4-points-and-subscriptions/20th-anniversary-playstation-steelbook-psn-membership-plus-20-voucher-ps4-ps3-and-vita

Should've bought the £37 Steelbook HoT mentioned last week ;) No sense in waiting til its expired....

Although I'm inclined to think Shopto went through all of those looking for 20th Anniversary PS4 winning tickets and then resealed them.

The best price when there's no really good offer on is usually cdkeys with the 5% discount for liking their facebook page.

Or if you know it's worth it to buy £20 of credit, get one of the steelbooks at full price (£50) eg: http://www.365games.co.uk/ps4-points-and-subscriptions/20th-anniversary-playstation-steelbook-psn-membership-plus-20-voucher-ps4-ps3-and-vita

It would explain why it took so long to ship them! :D

Asylum is still the best one of the lot for me. No massive open world to explore, just nice interconnected areas that are big enough to have in but not too big where moving around the place becomes a chore. Amazing game.

I did like City when I played it, but I was still new to the idea of that type of open world setting, so that probably had an effect. I'm going to play through that again to see what I think of it this time around.

I do agree though that Asylum is amazing. It never once felt like a chore to play through.

I didn't even know I could play Arkham Asylum on my PS4! I may have to look into this..

It's through PS Now, so the game is streamed. The service continues to impress me and it still blows my mind how it even works at all.

I did like City when I played it, but I was still new to the idea of that type of open world setting, so that probably had an effect. I'm going to play through that again to see what I think of it this time around.

I do agree though that Asylum is amazing. It never once felt like a chore to play through.

It's through PS Now, so the game is streamed. The service continues to impress me and it still blows my mind how it even works at all.

Oooo. Okay. How fast is your internet connection? Is there much lag?

Asylum is one of my all time favourite games :love:

Oooo. Okay. How fast is your internet connection? Is there much lag?

Asylum is one of my all time favourite games :love:

I just did a speed test @Hero\-of\-Time mentioned, which got me into this in the first place and I've kept it since. If you check the PSstore, it should be on there.

Well, if you were ever daft enough to wind up spending £40 on PS+, yeah :p I don't think I've ever paid more than £32-33. That Steelbook was £37 last week, so by your maths it was £20 of credit for -£3 ;)

Well, if you were ever daft enough to wind up spending £40 on PS+, yeah :p I don't think I've ever paid more than £32-33. That Steelbook was £37 last week, so by your maths it was £20 of credit for -£3 ;)

Yep, my brain would've been all over that deal if I saw it... ARGH!!

As things stand, getting £20 for £10 seems like my best deal... even though I can't see myself spending any more money on PSN... though would Battlefront DLC come out of my wallet? Pretty sure it would. SOLD!!!!

A new trailer for Nioh has arrived.

Alpha demo coming soon.

“Set in a time of civil war in Japan, Nioh not only incorporates classic elements such as samurai and supernatural creatures from Japanese folklore, but also offers the exhilaration of an authentic samurai sword fight straight from Team Ninja, the team that defined brutal action games.

“We will give gamers a taste of this all-new experience in the Alpha Demo releasing this month. But it will only be available for a limited time so play it while you can! Players who manage to clear a stage of this the Alpha Demo will be able to download The Mark of the Conqueror DLC. This will entitle you to some special DLC in the full game."

The Alpha Demo will be available from April 26 through May 5 only. We hope you enjoy this first glimpse into the world of Nioh, and look forward to hearing what you think about our game!

Looks like Ninja Dark Souls Onimusha Gaiden is coming along nicely. :D

While it's clear to see where the games influences come from after seeing it in action, I think this has potential as its own series providing it does well.

Giving players the chance to grab some DLC for finishing part of the demo is a good incentive to pique peoples interest. :)

This is steadily looking like a day one purchase for me. But it is hard to pin down which game it leans more to in it's comparisons. Been craving a game of this type for awhile now so will very much been hammering that alpha.

Looks like Ninja Dark Souls Onimusha Gaiden is coming along nicely. :D

While it's clear to see where the games influences come from after seeing it in action, I think this has potential as its own series providing it does well.

Giving players the chance to grab some DLC for finishing part of the demo is a good incentive to pique peoples interest. :)

I hope it does well purely so it proves to Capcom that there is a market for this type of game. The way they dropped the Onimusha franchise still hurts to this day. What happened to you, Capcom? You used to be cool. :(

Ohhhh, this looks amazing. Looking forward to giving the demo a go :)

The new PS4 firmware ( friend notifications and other stuff ) arrives tomorrow. :bouncy:

But wut bout da folderz?

The new PS4 firmware ( friend notifications and other stuff ) arrives tomorrow. :bouncy:

Great stuff. : peace:

Coincidentally I have just finished filling out the survey for the beta :laughing:

But wut bout da folderz?

Yeah agree, Sony needs to step up their game.

:p

TjDe3PaSz8NRS.gif

And an activity log! Don't forget that!

I genuinely would like to see an activity log but more importantly I would love to see something like miiverse.

I genuinely would like to see an activity log but more importantly I would love to see something like miiverse.

I was thinking, isn't the N-Europe Community page just like Miiverse? I used it for the first time the other day. I put a picture on there and then left a comment with it. You could easily set up your own community/Miiverse page and do that.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Can't wait for the update tomorrow. No more PM from random players I helped once asking me if I want to do some Trials when I'm playing other game via appear offline.

I was thinking, isn't the N-Europe Community page just like Miiverse? I used it for the first time the other day. I put a picture on there and then left a comment with it. You could easily set up your own community/Miiverse page and do that.

I saw that. I was going to comment on it, but the veritable flood of other people clamouring to add their views caused my PS4 to crash.