NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
NFL and American Football

I was going to stay up and watch the Superbowl tonight, but I don't really understand basketball. ::shrug:

The Superbowl is, like many others, my annual attempt to get into American football. I understand the rules and terminology now, gonna try and do better than the last three years and actually stay awake past the second quarter. With it being on late at night, all the breaks end up sending me to sleep.

I actually managed to watch two whole games on thanksgiving day in Chicago, much easier when it's on at a reasonable time of day.

I hope both teams lose, I genuinely can't stand either. Ray Lewis is a complete tool, and the Harbaugh brothers are a circus act. I did like the way the 49'ers played with Smith under centre but i've totally gone off them after the way they treated him.

So yeah, hopefully they have to cancel it after Beyonce deafens everyone with her disgraceful music.

Superbowl over by half time...

Not sure if Flacco is elite or 49ers defence is shambles... What a half

That last TD was friggin' sweet. Ravens kicking ass...

They are ripping through 49ers so easily. Unbelivable. Still... 2nd half to go.

Kinda wish I had Espn for this, on neogaf the movie trailers and commercials the yanks are getting sound good and funny.

Still BBC coverage is awesome!

hello Kelly

untitled-22i5ulb.gif

Kickoff return touchdown.... 109 yards.... fuuuuuuuck

This is over

ibdla8VTSwGQSS.gif

Yeah i'm a giants fan.... But if this legend is backing the Ravens, then I hope they carry on and win it for the greatest!

ROrWhoR.jpg

Edited by Murr
Automerged Doublepost

If Bane doesn't make an appearance sometime soon, I'll be sorely disappointed.
Batman has just turned the lights out. #Tactics

Following this on bbc but also on American Miiverse, seems like such a cool thing to have, missed the power cut so couldn't work out what was going on, first thing I did was check Miiverse for answers! But now I really know who did it. It was the Batman ;)

I called the Ravens to win the Super Bowl before it started. I don't bet anymore, I've got a problem.uk For starters, I never win. I was up 4 d 49ers on d night to prove I'm wrong. It was a good game, 49ers were better but too late & awful mistakes made. I'm happy for Lewis and Kapernick is a real find. He's got so much more too his game. Anyway goodnight and fair play to Ravens. Curse that blackout, I had to drink more than I intended. ;)

I saw the first touch down and then went to bed. I'm getting old and bitter, can't handle the razzmatazz, thought I was watching WWE not a major sporting event.

The way the american commentators were going on aout it, i thought the hugely long touchdown was a very rare thing. Then they said 'yeah we've seen some 108 yard touchdowns, but this one......that was 109 yards!

Well that's just extra special then isn't it.

Was a great game, No idea what happened to the Ravens after the delay. It's as if they went into 'We've already won mode!'

49ers ran through them in the space of 2 minutes.

Such a tense last few minutes / seconds. I dont support either team, but I was so nervous for the Ravens.

NFL Season kicks off in 9 days,

I've been through the schedule and noted down 2 games each Sunday from the 8th Sept to the 1st Dec to try and catch. (only picked matches at times of 18:00 & 21:25),

Won't catch any of the ridiculously late games as they tend to be on work days / nights.

Anyways.

9 days till the big kick off - Bronco's vs Ravens!

Denver-Broncos-vs-Baltimore-Ravens.jpg

Really cannot wait. It's going to be very interesting to see how the Patriots offence is. Then again, Tom Brady is at QB, so i'm not worried at all. :p

Doesn't really matter who lines up on offence for the Pats, as long as no 12 is there we're laughing. Hopefully the run game is as good if not better than last year, really was a strength.

We've got a good backfield, excited to see more of Vereen, he's an explosive player. If Amendola can stay healthy, i'm confident he can put up Welker numbers.

So.. glad to be a Giants fan currently. 0-4.

Kansas City Chiefs been playing like a whole different team from last season.

Vikings finally got a win. The results this year so far are so all over the place. Apart from the Seahawks and Bronco's. Tip either one of them for the Superbowl.

Sign in to follow this