NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil Revelations Heads To 360/PS3

Capcom's worst kept secret :p

While I'm glad to see the game get a wider audience, I don't expect it to control very well on PS3 and 360 (it really relied heavily on the dual screens and touch controlled inventory)

No Wii U version, no sale (it's the only other console that could properly replicate the controls)

I have to admit that I would prefer a Wii U version but I half-expect Capcom to pull their 'no late ports' quote out of the bag, which would make sense if this was Resi 6 but it isn't, in fact it's a 'late port' for the 360/PS3 and being that the game originated on a Nintendo platform I believe that it would be a genuine disservice for a Wii U version not to be in the works.

As far as the controls go, I'm sure everything can be re-jigged for a standard controller but having the gamepad in front of you would be a huge selling point for this game, especially as certain elements would work well with it like the scanning an area which could be done Zombi U style.

The more I think about it this HAS to come out for Wii U too, there's no doubt in my mind about that but if push comes to shove then I'd probably pick it up for the 360 somewhat reluctantly...

... also I find it hilarious that Revelations was miles better than Resi 6, but it's only now that Capcom seem to have realised this hence the port. ;)

Agreed to all of the above. I HATE RE5's real-time inventory (and don't get me started on RE6's one!) and I don't expect to get anything I want :(

Wii U is simply perfect for a HD port (and it would round out the early lineup nicely, sitting alongside MH3U), but I know it's not gonna happen.

Oh well, I'll just stick with my 3DS original. It'll no doubt be a better gameplay experience than this PS360 port anyway I'm sure...

Stupid.

It was built for the 3DS and worked amazingly well on that console.

How they plan to port it over successfully I've no idea. Still, they've probably got to do something given how shite RE:6 was / is.

What is there to change? Didn't the original already have dual-analogue options?

Wake me when they reboot the whole series and it's actually good.

The games are worse than the films. And that's hysterically awful.

What is there to change? Didn't the original already have dual-analogue options?

It's not the shooting that's the problem with a potential PS360 port, it's the real-time inventory.

They're gonna have to dump the awesome touchscreen inventory interface (& really useful ever-present map) and graft on a horrible RE5 style control system for the map and inventory.

The games are worse than the films. And that's hysterically awful.

This is painfully true, since Resi4.

Nah, Daft hates the entire series.

He's hated Resident Evil since before it was cool.

Never played the first one, loved RE2 but I was super lame at it so pretty much watched my friend complete it (also never had a Playstation, too mainstream). Never got to play RE3, RE4 was awesome. RE5 was unbelievably offensive and just a bit duff anyway and RE6 not touched because everyone said it blew chunks.

I should also mention the opening five minutes of bother the fourth and fifth Resident Evil films are genuinely brilliant and enjoyable. Check them out.

Never played the first one, loved RE2 but I was super lame at it so pretty much watched my friend complete it (also never had a Playstation, too mainstream). Never got to play RE3, RE4 was awesome. RE5 was unbelievably offensive and just a bit duff anyway and RE6 not touched because everyone said it blew chunks.

I should also mention the opening five minutes of bother the fourth and fifth Resident Evil films are genuinely brilliant and enjoyable. Check them out.

If you have a GameCube/Wii, play the REmake. One of the finest Cube games. I also love Resident Evil: Zero. Both worth checking out.

Only played the demo of Revelations, but enjoyed it. It's definitely one to play, so I'll get around to it eventually. From what the demo showed, that's roughly where the series belongs. I don't like the direction of 5 and 6.

Not really fussed enough, tbh.

Did you play Code Veronica? Amazing game [at the time].

OMG, YES, the heartbeat on the VMU, amazing. But also sucked at that. My brain couldn't deal with the fixed camera...and the whole survival, limited bullet thing.

If you have a GameCube/Wii, play the REmake. One of the finest Cube games. I also love Resident Evil: Zero. Both worth checking out.

Only played the demo of Revelations, but enjoyed it. It's definitely one to play, so I'll get around to it eventually. From what the demo showed, that's roughly where the series belongs. I don't like the direction of 5 and 6.

Revelations has it's moments, but ultimately I think you'd be somewhat disappointed, as I was.

The first third of the game is brilliant, both in terms of atmosphere and story twists etc... but ultimately the game goes the wrong way and gets more and more non-Resi. Before somewhat redeeming itself for the last 10/15mins.

Revelations has it's moments, but ultimately I think you'd be somewhat disappointed, as I was.

The first third of the game is brilliant, both in terms of atmosphere and story twists etc... but ultimately the game goes the wrong way and gets more and more non-Resi. Before somewhat redeeming itself for the last 10/15mins.

Ah, that's a shame. I wish we could push the clock back a decade or so and get the old style Resi. Make it a bit more fluid in terms of mechanics, add in aspects of isolation from the likes of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, cut the action, we'd have a winner.

Ah, that's a shame. I wish we could push the clock back a decade or so and get the old style Resi. Make it a bit more fluid in terms of mechanics, add in aspects of isolation from the likes of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, cut the action, we'd have a winner.

You should definitely check it out if you're interested in it though. I wouldn't dismiss it coz some people were disappointed. I am a huge RE fan (aside from 6) and I loved every minute of it. It went right back to the survival horror roots whilst managing to keep the game feeling fresh with chapters of more fast paced play (mainly Chris's sections).

The only disappointment for me was the final boss and that was it. The rest was brilliant. For me it's one of the best 3DS games out there and if you've enjoyed any of the RE games before it you will definitely definitely enjoy it.

It's nothing like RE 5 for instance - but I personally loved that game so it's all personal preference.

RE Revelations is only 14.99 at Smyths toy stores now too (thanks to Locky for the find!) so it's cheap enough to pick up and love. Which you will ;) ha

Yeah, it's a good game that, while not all that it could've been (in particular, the puzzles are far and few between and very simplistic in comparison to the old school titles, while the game becomes too combat heavy towards the end for my liking), it's still very much worth your time!

I'm really happy that this is coming to either the PS3 or the 360 because it's one game I wanted to play that I couldn't (no 3DS). I personally love a lot of the Resident Evil games and own most of them (except for Resident Evil 6 and obviously Revelations). Also, Daft, there's a lot more Resident Evil games out there than the ones mentioned and my favourite one of all hasn't been mentioned yet: Resident Evil- Outbreak. The only Resident Evil game I'd love to see online on the 360 so badly. Capcom should make an effort to put this on the 360 rather than work on Resident Evil 7 or something. Anyway, here are what I think of the games.

Resident Evil 0

Enjoyed this game a lot and I didn't find it easy to complete either. A real challenge.

Resident Evil

Amazing game, love it. The voice acting is cheesy but the intro to the game is classic!

Resident Evil REmake

Even better, love the fact it was remade. Hopefully, we'll be seeing this on the 360 or PS3 soon.

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

I loved this too much. I know it's another remake made for the DS but I loved I could take the game anywhere with me and I also loved using the stylus in some areas.

Resident Evil 2

One of my favourites. Loved the fact it was more or less two games in one and that you could play both Leon's and Claire's side of the story. They should do this again (and not like Resident Evil 6).

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Not a lot of people liked this but I loved it. Genuinely a terrifying game when you're trying to kill Nemesis and run away from him in a small space.

Resident Evil 4

My favourite of the new-gen games. Loved the controls, loved the story, loved the characters...also, it's a decent mix of action and suspense.

Resident Evil 5

Action-oriented but a lot of fun to play. The DLCs were better than the game itself, in my opinion.

Resident Evil 6

THIS GAME SHOULD HAVE NEVER EXISTED!

Resident Evil: Gaiden

It's good to play as Barry and I like the way you have to kill zombies. Fun little game to play. Barry should be in the games more.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica

My second favourite and the most played of all of the Resident Evils. Totally fell in love with it on the Gamecube and still fell in love seeing the remake on the PS2 and the Xbox 360.

Resident Evil: Dead Aim

Total shit. Worst game next to Survivor.

Resident Evil: Gun Survivor

It had potential but in the end, it really was awful!

Resident Evil: Gun Survivor 2

Again, awful. Why have a sequel to a game so awful, focus on making better games!

Resident Evil: Outbreak

My favourite Resi game ever! I'd love to see this on the 360 or PS3. The online would be absolutely amazing to play!

Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2

Great game, solid sequel. Outbreak File #3 should have been made instead of the shitty Resident Evil 6.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

A decent game. I enjoy it.

You should look into playing Outbreak though, Daft. Really cool game.

You should definitely check it out if you're interested in it though. I wouldn't dismiss it coz some people were disappointed. I am a huge RE fan (aside from 6) and I loved every minute of it. It went right back to the survival horror roots whilst managing to keep the game feeling fresh with chapters of more fast paced play (mainly Chris's sections).

The only disappointment for me was the final boss and that was it. The rest was brilliant. For me it's one of the best 3DS games out there and if you've enjoyed any of the RE games before it you will definitely definitely enjoy it.

It's nothing like RE 5 for instance - but I personally loved that game so it's all personal preference.

RE Revelations is only 14.99 at Smyths toy stores now too (thanks to Locky for the find!) so it's cheap enough to pick up and love. Which you will ;) ha

I'll get around to it eventually. The atmosphere seemed great in the demo, exactly what I was after.

Did the game do financially well on the 3DS? If so, then hopefully they'll plan another similar one. Maybe getting it released on HD systems will make Capcom more inclined to create another one, knowing that they can port it for extra sales.

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

I loved this too much. I know it's another remake made for the DS but I loved I could take the game anywhere with me and I also loved using the stylus in some areas.

If you loved this game so much solely for being on a handheld, I'm surprised you haven't bought a 3DS to play Revelations.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

A decent game. I enjoy it.

tumblr_lo72k5Dadn1qc3xi2.gif

I'm a RE fanboy but even I cant defend that game, awful.

tumblr_lrc8qtSNGD1qclwee.gif

:P

I quite enjoyed playing that as well. I hated it when I first started, but eventually it really grew on me. It helped that I was playing a lot of it in co-op, so didn't have to put up with the dodgy AI.

If you loved this game so much solely for being on a handheld, I'm surprised you haven't bought a 3DS to play Revelations.

I know, it's one of the main reasons I want a 3DS so much. I need to get one!

tumblr_lo72k5Dadn1qc3xi2.gif

I'm a RE fanboy but even I cant defend that game, awful.

tumblr_lrc8qtSNGD1qclwee.gif

:P

Nah, it's a decent enough game. It's not shit but it's not good either and, as Hero just said, when played on co-op, it's a LOT better. I didn't like it at all from the start but I played it later on with my friend and we both had a lot of fun playing the game. I bought it on the PS3 and, well, I've not even played past the first level.

But yeah, I adore Resident Evil and I guess you can call me a fanboy but the only games that truly suck hairy bollocks are Gun Survivor, Dead Aim and, of course, Resident Evil 6. Those games can not be defended in any way.

The first game came out 17 years ago. The whole thing has become painfully convoluted. RE is definitely one of the few franchises screaming out for a reboot, a clean slate.

Or just remake Resident Evil 2. Whatever.