Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

Sonic isn’t that popular in Japan but 2000 copies sold extremely bad. I think it that’s even worse than what Rayman Legends sold in Japan.

When the game was originally announced didn’t they also mention that part of the deal was another game down the line? I wonder if that game ever sees the light as Sonic Lost World bombing in Japan and the West (will see the US were like later this month) means they would just be wasting time and resources on another project which is more than likely to bomb hard. The 3rd party situation in Japan will not improve as again another 3rd party game bombs on the wii u.

I think we are looking at the console itself which is the problem. Now I know many people will argue against that but I am just looking at the market reaction to the console. At launch there was very little buzz and a year later the console has no mindshare at all with every region seeing the console struggle. Eventually it comes to a point where the console itself becomes the problem.

As one who owned the Gamecube which was a commercial failure the difference in how the Gamecube was supported and how it was seen by the consumers compared to the Wii U is night and day.

A year ago if you would of said that the Wii U will be received by third parties and consumers worse than which the Gamecube was people would of called you crazy!!

Taken from GAF

We're just 16 days away of 3D World's release, but the game's still out of Comgnet store chain's top 20. How bad is that?

[WII] Super Mario Galaxy - 64pt

[WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 95pt

[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - 94pt

[3DS] Kid Icarus: Uprising - between 24pt and 31pt

[3DS] Luigi's Mansion 2 - 69pt

[WIIU] Pikmin 3 - 33pt

[WIIU] Super Mario 3D World - 20pt / less than 20pt

Now this doesn’t mean the game is going to bomb for sure in Japan but it’s a concern and someone mentioned maybe people that own the console have felt so let down in the last year that they no longer have the desire to buy games for it?

Edited by liger05

yeah I really think that this Christmas is the last we will see of 3rd party releases for Wii U. EA have already gone, there is no way we are getting the next COD or Assassins Creed, I'm even doubtful that Watchdogs will get released now. It's such a shame because I love the Wii U, but in reality once I've got through my backlog of games and had 6 months of Mario Kart, I think next Christmas I will be grudgingly buying a PS4.

The only thing that can save Wii U now is if PS4 and Xbox1 do similar numbers, in which case third parties will come back.

On a more positive note Ghost has just arrived.

yeah I really think that this Christmas is the last we will see of 3rd party releases for Wii U. EA have already gone, there is no way we are getting the next COD or Assassins Creed, I'm even doubtful that Watchdogs will get released now. It's such a shame because I love the Wii U, but in reality once I've got through my backlog of games and had 6 months of Mario Kart, I think next Christmas I will be grudgingly buying a PS4.

The only thing that can save Wii U now is if PS4 and Xbox1 do similar numbers, in which case third parties will come back.

On a more positive note Ghost has just arrived.

If PS4/XB1 did similar numbers to Wii U then kiss goodbye to the industry as that will be it for home consoles. The good thing is that won’t happen. XB1 & PS4 should pass Wii U ltd sales in their first year comfortably. Pre-orders are not definite sales but they are an indicator and PS4 has many. There is a buzz about the next gen which is on the horizon and people are looking forward to some new hardware to use which is a real step up on the current gen hardware.

Wii U could still receive the 360/PS3 ports but I think that’s really dependent on how the system is selling. The Wii U need’s a really big holiday season.

If PS4/XB1 did similar numbers to Wii U then kiss goodbye to the industry as that will be it for home consoles. The good thing is that won’t happen. XB1 & PS4 should pass Wii U ltd sales in their first year comfortably. Pre-orders are not definite sales but they are an indicator and PS4 has many. There is a buzz about the next gen which is on the horizon and people are looking forward to some new hardware to use which is a real step up on the current gen hardware.

Wii U could still receive the 360/PS3 ports but I think that’s really dependent on how the system is selling. The Wii U need’s a really big holiday season.

no doubt PS4 and XB1 will shift early units to the core fans in the same way the Wii U did, but after that, I don't see who is going to buy them. Pretty much all the big launch games are already out on current gen machines so who is going to spend £400 to play games they already own? Will be interesting to see what the numbers are come Easter.

no doubt PS4 and XB1 will shift early units to the core fans in the same way the Wii U did, but after that, I don't see who is going to buy them. Pretty much all the big launch games are already out on current gen machines so who is going to spend £400 to play games they already own? Will be interesting to see what the numbers are come Easter.

I think you are so very, very wrong, and that time shall prove this.

People that are ready for a new generation after the current one which has gone on too long.

Imo there's little chance PS4 and Xbone will do as bad as the Wii U has from seeing some of the numbers. Their sales will take a while to pick up, so initially it'll look bad, but I think their market is going to be a bit more patient/cautious. Some might be deliberating between the two consoles(I'd certainly think there's some traditionally Xbox owners now considering a switch to PS4) but by this time this year they'll have likely kicked at least thrice the shite out of the Wii U's current status.

All pure opinion and speculation on my own part, of course.

(also, I know one guy who ended up without an xbox, instead of rebuying one he's waiting til Xbone drops to either get a cheap 360 or now, apparently, pick up an XBone. Sure he's just one guy, but what if there are other folks out there in similar mindsets? RRODs etc?)

Oh thank Christ! The new Wii U bundles had an effect!

Famitsu: http://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

Wii U: 40,118

Media Create: http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20131106065/

Wii U: 38,802

Media Create hardware:

3DS 86868

PSV 28219

PS3 11754

WIU 40118

PSP 3345

WII 663

X360 184

Media Create software:

Media Create Sales: Week 44, 2013 (Oct 28 - Nov 03)

01./01. [3DS] Pokemon X / Y # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2013.10.12} (¥4.800) - 162.347 / 2.731.470 (-29%)

02./02. [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2013.10.24} (¥3.980) - 52.826 / 136.709 (-37%)

03./00. [3DS] Little Battlers eXperience: Wars <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.10.31} (¥4.980) - 50.217 / NEW

04./04. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 # <ACT> (Capcom) {2013.09.14} (¥5.990) - 46.729 / 2.872.106 (-31%)

05./06. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2013.10.24} (¥2.980) - 38.179 / 74.181 (+6%)

06./00. [WIU] Wii Party U # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.10.31} (¥4.935) - 37.371 / NEW

07./00. [PSV] Gundam Breaker # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.10.31} (¥6.980) - 33.775 / NEW

08./05. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2013.10.10} (¥7.770) - 32.666 / 531.266 (-35%)

09./00. [PSV] Chou Tsugitsugimono Game Neptune Re:Birth1 # <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2013.10.31} (¥6.090) - 31.811 / NEW

10./00. [PS3] Tears to Tiara II: Haou no Matsuei # <RPG> (Aqua Plus) {2013.10.31} (¥6.980) - 24.422 / NEW

11./03. [PS3] BlazBlue: Chronophantasma # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2013.10.24} (¥7.140) - 14.307 / 86.771 (-80%)

12./08. [3DS] Battle For Money Sentouchuu: Densetsu no Shinobi no Survival Battle! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.10.17} (¥4.980) - 13.563 / 75.137 (-20%)

13./07. [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2013.10.24} (¥3.980) - 12.866 / 37.197 (-47%)

14./10. [PSP] Diabolik Lovers: More, Blood # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2013.10.24} (¥6.090) - 5.929 / 16.411 (-43%)

15./15. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} (¥4.800) - 5.421 / 1.485.035 (-2%)

16./14. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (¥4.800) - 5.263 / 3.456.116 (-5%)

17./00. [PSP] Shinsouhan Heart no Kuni no Alice: Wonderful Wonder World # <ADV> (QuinRose) {2013.10.31} (¥6.300) - 4.811 / NEW

18./11. [PSV] Dangan-Ronpa 1-2: Reload <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.10.10} (¥5.229) - 4.412 / 100.574 (-58%)

19./00. [PSP] Seishun Hajime Mashita! # <ADV> (Honeybee) {2013.10.31} (¥7.140) - 4.352 / NEW

20./19. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life # <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.01} (¥5.480) - 4.156 / 305.203 (-15%)

I was really worried that it didn't have a noticeable effect when I was watching its Japanese Miiverse activity (where the Japanese community still sits at less than 5,000 posts), but that's a decent result :)Much better than I had expected :D

The game's solus sales aren't amazing, but these types of games (like its predecessor) are slow burners, so I wouldn't expect it to explode out of the gate anyway; its legs are what really matter (and the same applies to the effects of this hardware bundle).

But even so! HOPE! IT LIVES! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Woah, nice bounce! A lot better than I thought it would do.

But with the only piece of software in the top 20 being Wii Party U, how long will this last?

Looking at the other consoles, Vita is hanging on quite nicely too. It's shame that we wont see any next-gen competition data for Japan until next year though, it's the only sales data we get so regularly!

Edited by Debug Mode

Thats a nice bump for the Wii U. The worry is how quickly sales could drop as there isnt enough being released to keep momentum.

11/14

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Subtitled Edition)

11/21

Super Mario 3D World

Taiko no Tatsujin: Wii U Version

11/28

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Disney Infinity (Starter Pack)

12/05

Batman: Arkham Begins

Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games

12/11

Monster Hunter Frontier G (Beginner's Package)

DK being delayed hurts.

What's this 40k on? A week? In Japan? What's it compared to the previous? I really need to get myself onto good chart data, but I suck.

It sold 2k the week before and has been tracking well below 10k a week for weeks now. The Wii U has rarely sold more than 20k a week in Japan so this is a healthy bump.

What's this 40k on? A week? In Japan? What's it compared to the previous? I really need to get myself onto good chart data, but I suck.

It's Japan. Sales had been dropping week on week for the last eternity. Sales last week were roughly 2,500. So this proves the Japanese had been waiting for this price drop. Next weeks sales and up to the New Year will be the barometer of how the Wii U is received.

Ahh, I had a feeling that was actually the case but in my mind I thought I must be wrong! Well, I certainly can't fault an almost 2000% increase in sales now can I ;)

You guys are reckoning this bump was a combination of the price drop and those new bundles, right? Good value deals with low costs(ie cheaper with DD copies) is definitely a positive idea imo - still it's one flawed by poor design and forward thinking in the small amount of internal memory.

Ahh, I had a feeling that was actually the case but in my mind I thought I must be wrong! Well, I certainly can't fault an almost 2000% increase in sales now can I ;)

You guys are reckoning this bump was a combination of the price drop and those new bundles, right? Good value deals with low costs(ie cheaper with DD copies) is definitely a positive idea imo - still it's one flawed by poor design and forward thinking in the small amount of internal memory.

All on the bundle. Japan hasnt actually recived a price drop.

The sequel to the fastest selling 3D Mario game isn't enough?

Super Mario 3D World and Taiko no Tatsujin: Wii U Version should both do well but then you look @ december and there isnt much to write home about.

January 2014 I dont even think has any solid releases scheduled.

The sequel to the fastest selling 3D Mario game isn't enough?

To be honest? No (thankfully it isn't alone, since they also have Taiko Drum Master Wii U - and since it uses the same drum controllers as the original Wii games, there's a very large 500,000 + potential audience to sell the console to; but I digress); the Wii U already has two Mario platform titles (yes yes, they're 2D games but there's still a large amount of crossover with the audience), so SM3DW's potential impact will be limited due to this.

What they need more than anything else in their lineup is more variety (which Taiko goes a long way towards helping supply). Sure, SM3DW will no doubt help, but it's yet another platformer on a console that is already rich in platform games. Even DKCTF would've brought more variety to the Wii U's lineup than more Mario.

Still, maybe the Xmas season will see the Wii U's back catalogue get a boost, as new hardware buyers catch up with the titles that have already been released. Likewise, Wii Party U will no doubt sell based off of its legs; it's not the kind of game to explode out of the gate.

Super Mario 3D World and Taiko no Tatsujin: Wii U Version should both do well but then you look @ december and there isnt much to write home about.

January 2014 I dont even think has any solid releases scheduled.

Nintendo haven't dated ANY of their 2014 titles yet on either 3DS or Wii U. No doubt, this'll be rectified by their next Nintendo Direct.

Edited by Dcubed