NEurope
Hero-of-Time

General Gaming Sales/Charts Discussion

So is Wii U still doomed??

I know you are joking but figured I would answer anyway.

Not at all. It's still relatively early in the consoles life and who knows how things are gonna play out. Better questions to ask are do you actual care about the fanboy sales wars talk and are you having fun with your purchase?

The Wii U has issues but I've had a some great fun with it so far. The end of year line up really appeals to me, so I'm in for a great second half of the year.

The Wii U is going to be a decent seller, turn a profit, and have a moderately sized installbase.

It is not going to do PS3/360 and definitely not Wii sales, but it'll do alright :)

'Doomed' implies some kind of teleological end point, which is a hilarious fallacy that points to how little most actually know about cultural and economic forces and trends. The Wii U is dead it the water; for all intents and purposes it has reach the point of its doom - it has reached a nadir. The only way is up, against pretty daunting odds - how high it'll climb/crawl is a different question.

'Doomed' implies some kind of teleological end point, which is a hilarious fallacy that points to how little most actually know about cultural and economic forces and trends. The Wii U is dead it the water; for all intents and purposes it has reach the point of its doom - it has reached a nadir. The only way is up, against pretty daunting odds - how high it'll climb/crawl is a different question.

Sounds epic! :D

Culturally and technologically it is pretty epic. I couldn't think of any other word to describe the PS3's turn around this generation. If the Wii U managed the same, it would be nothing less than epic. Sadly Nintendo aren't in the same position as Sony and as companies they're not too similar and are run in radically different ways.

The Wii U is going to be a decent seller, turn a profit, and have a moderately sized installbase.

It is not going to do PS3/360 and definitely not Wii sales, but it'll do alright :)

Gamecube numbers at best which would be an absolute disaster.

There is no evidence or logical reason to come to that conclusion at this time

There is no evidence or logical reason to come to that conclusion at this time

Other than its tracking below the GameCube in every region and has two competitors launching new consoles before the end of the year.

Of course it may well sell more but from how it’s been in the first year it would take one almighty change of fortunes and there is nothing to suggest this will happen.

[3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2013.07.18} (¥4.800) - 99.791 / NEW <25%> 400.000 units shipped.

The game should have legs but its kinda a bomba. Thats a hell of lot of unsold stock. Price drop on the way I think.

Gameblog just posted some numbers from GFK for the French Market: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/36870-ve...ffres-font-mal

Gameblog just posted some numbers from GFK for the French Market:

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/36870-ventes-consoles-en-france-les-vrais-chiffres-font-mal

Hardware sales for June:

Rang Machine Juin 2013 Variation Annuelle

1 - 3DS - 43.009 (+18%)

2 - PS3 - 23.189 (-24%)

3 - Xbox 360 - 13.570 (-40%)

4 - PS Vita - 7.868 (-32%)

5 - PSP - 7.417 (-25%)

6 - Wii - 6.624 (-52%)

7 - Wii U -3.242 (...)

Sales for the 6 first months of 2013:

Ventes France de janvier 2013 à juin 2013

Rang Machine Année 2013 Total

1 - 3DS - 237.950 - 1.928.838

2 - PS3 - 198.158 - 4.561.277

3 - Xbox 360 - 92.405 - 3.133.692

4 - Wii - 62.470 - 6.161.310

5 - PSP - 46.467 - 3.396.999

6 - Wii U - 38.927 - 149.434

7 - PS Vita - 34.592 - 233.309

Look at those Wii U numbers for June, 3k for the whole month. Selling worse than the Vita & PSP.

The Vita and Wii U selling less than 40k in france in six months is shocking!!

Edited by liger05

As well as the huge price difference between the Wii U and PS3, it could be argued that the PS3 was battling for the money of consumers against the current gen consoles in the form of Wii and XBOX360 whereas the Wii U has had a year headstart on PS4/XBOXONE facing instead last gen competition.

As well as the huge price difference between the Wii U and PS3, it could be argued that the PS3 was battling for the money of consumers against the current gen consoles in the form of Wii and XBOX360 whereas the Wii U has had a year headstart on PS4/XBOXONE facing instead last gen competition.

Not the 360 in Japan. That console was dead on arrival over there.

I'm surprised how poorly Mario and Luigi sold too...not just over there but here in the U.K it sold under 7,000 units in its first week and I can't see it being the type of game that has legs. Maybe it just got released too close to Animal Crossing?

I'm surprised how poorly Mario and Luigi sold too...not just over there but here in the U.K it sold under 7,000 units in its first week and I can't see it being the type of game that has legs. Maybe it just got released too close to Animal Crossing?

I think Paper Mario maybe hurt it in Japan. Paper Mario was a success and maybe people dont feel they need another Mario RPG just yet.

Not necessary... Wii Sports U if/when it is released, will be a system seller.

If Nintendo marketed it perfectly, reminding people how fun it was to play Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort, it will sell the console.

I was very surprised when it wasn't announced at E3.

This right here, it has to be coming. Why it wasn't at launch, I'll never know.

Instead we got Nintendoland...

Not necessary... Wii Sports U if/when it is released, will be a system seller.

If Nintendo marketed it perfectly, reminding people how fun it was to play Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort, it will sell the console.

I was very surprised when it wasn't announced at E3.

This right here, it has to be coming. Why it wasn't at launch, I'll never know.

Instead we got Nintendoland...

Possibly but I feel that audience has moved on. I fear nintendo still think wii u fit will be a big title. Those fitness games and apps can be done on everything now. Look at games like brain training and Nintendo dogs. Huge on the DS but no so popular on the 3DS as the audience moved on to smartphones and tablets.

Your right though it would of been a better launch title than Nintendoland.

Microsoft will beat Nintendo to the punch too. They're really on with the fitness thing. I was actually kind of impressed with what I saw.

Latest UK top 40

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

LW

TW Title Format Label Publisher

2 1 MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT

- 2 PIKMIN 3 WII U NINTENDO NINTENDO

1 3 THE LAST OF US PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.

4 4 ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO

3 5 MARIO AND LUIGI: DREAM TEAM BROS. 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO

- 6 NEW SUPER LUIGI U WII U NINTENDO NINTENDO

13 7 GOD OF WAR: ASCENSION PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.

9 8 LUIGI'S MANSION 2 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO

15 9 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV XB360 XBOX 360 CLASSICS TAKE 2

6 10 FAR CRY 3 XB360 XBOX 360 CLASSICS UBISOFT

18 11 FIFA 13 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

12 12 THE SIMS 3: ISLAND PARADISE PC EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

21 13 ASSASSIN'S CREED III XB360 XBOX 360 CLASSICS UBISOFT

19 14 GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES - LIBERTY CITY XB360 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2

16 15 MARIO KART 7 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO

17 16 TOMB RAIDER XB360 SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE

23 17 TOMB RAIDER PS3 SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE

10 18 FAR CRY 3 PS3 UBISOFT UBISOFT

24 19 BATTLEFIELD 3 XB360 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

22 20 LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER: THE CHASE BEGINS 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO

14 21 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD

20 22 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM - LEGENDARY XB360 BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS

8 23 MAX PAYNE 3 PS3 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2

11 24 MAX PAYNE 3 XB360 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2

25 25 RED DEAD REDEMPTION: GOTY XB360 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2

5 26 DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 XB360 KOEI TECMO KOEI EUROPE

30 27 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO

7 28 DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 PS3 KOEI TECMO KOEI EUROPE

29 29 ASSASSIN'S CREED III PS3 UBISOFT UBISOFT

40 30 LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES XB360 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

32 31 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM - LEGENDARY PC BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS

- 32 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 14 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

27 33 DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO

34 34 GRAN TURISMO 5 ACADEMY EDITION PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.

37 35 FIFA 13 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

31 36 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM - LEGENDARY PS3 BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS

- 37 PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE MIRACLE MASK 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO

- 38 THE SIMS 3 PC EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

35 39 NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED PS3 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

28 40 DEADPOOL XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD

Good to see Pikmin 3 and Luigi U up there. Not sure of the numbers though. Likely Pikmin 3 did less than 10k. The Wii U install base is small over here though.

No Nintendoland but I dont think it was expected people would be buying the Wii U for these games.

Edited by liger05

Nice to see Pikmin & Luigi charting. The Last of Us did less than 10k to get the top spot last week so Pikmin must be kicking around 8k.

How on earth did Minecraft get top spot?! Kudos, I guess. Still not played it.

5 Nintendo games in the top 10.

What year is this?

How on earth did Minecraft get top spot?! Kudos, I guess. Still not played it.

It's pretty huge in the UK, I think. I've got kids in my school that only ever talk about that.

Nice seeing Luigi up there, too.

It's interesting to see how Minecraft has spred. I never would have guessed that but it makes total sense.

Assuming Pikmin got around 8K sales, I'm a bit disappointed in all the Wii U owners that didn't pick it up. Here's the first decent first party title game and you let it slide?!

Hope it has legs. NintendoLand not charting isn't exactly a surprise.

Really hope Pikmin 3 has the legs over the coming weeks, it's not a system seller but deserves to be, glorious! :)

Nintendo have got to be looking at Luigi's Mansion 2 in every region and thinking about getting a Wii U version done surely. I mean for it to be back in the top ten again, close to a million in Japan and over a million in America (I think they announced that, or did I make that up?) shows the brand is something people want to play, let's get number 3 on Wii U! :)

Assuming Pikmin got around 8K sales, I'm a bit disappointed in all the Wii U owners that didn't pick it up. Here's the first decent first party title game and you let it slide?!

I dunno, Pikmin isnt for everyone. Even when I was actually into Nintendo I never liked the Pikmin games.

Probably got some nice digital sales with the offer they did which are not counted.

Edited by liger05