Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how in the first two your friends aren't acknowledging you, you're just sort of lingering.

Oh I know you're the big "friendship expert" oh I'm sorry I forgot all your pictures are of you alone!!!!!

(Thats a modified arrested development quote Ashley has lots of nice friends I am not some sort of mean bully)

In the end I didn't go to Waterloo Eenuh will do that another time. Have to say I love Brussels you have a lovely capital the main square is amazing!

Oh I know you're the big "friendship expert" oh I'm sorry I forgot all your pictures are of you alone!!!!!

(Thats a modified arrested development quote Ashley has lots of nice friends I am not some sort of mean bully)

In the end I didn't go to Waterloo Eenuh will do that another time. Have to say I love Brussels you have a lovely capital the main square is amazing!

I have friends, I even have friends with boobs! :heh: and am also friends with hobos and Dan.

Ashley, you're well gay. And Deluded. And fat. And gay.

Please, I can't stand gays (or at least in any kind of relationshippy terms). I'm pretty sure I'm going to die bitter old and alone. Unless I can ring the KBell.

Edited by Ashley

What a pleasant thing to say.

I can't date a "gay" (as in someone who fits within the, granted stereotypical, but still existing definition). As people they're fine, many of my friends are, but I've never met one I'd wish to date. Same as I couldn't date someone like my brother's girl who is sweet as pie but not the brightest bulb bless her.

(that came off as more "I don't hate _, some of my best friends are _" reply than I intended)

Gay as a personality, not a sexual preference. I try to avoid them but there does seem to be a lot of homosexual people who seem to portray themselves as a Graham Norton gay which is fine in itself, they can be fun people to be around but I've never found them dateable. I'd prefer a Neil Patrick Harris gay personally.

I think this is a case of you're reading a lot into some mismanaged semantics. We wouldn't be having this discussion if I said I liked feisty petitie blondes. Yes we use stereotypes as shorthand and it can have a negative effect but I know what I mean and how I feel and I'm just not expressing it well. It'd be too long and boring for me to list all the things I like and dislike in a person and I'm sorry if I caused offense as it was not my intent.

I think this is a case of you're reading a lot into some mismanaged semantics. We wouldn't be having this discussion if I said I liked feisty petitie blondes. Yes we use stereotypes as shorthand and it can have a negative effect but I know what I mean and how I feel and I'm just not expressing it well. It'd be too long and boring for me to list all the things I like and dislike in a person and I'm sorry if I caused offense as it was not my intent.

If you had said camp brunette guys, that comparison might be valid.

It's the fact that you group people. You don't like 'gay as a personality', you try and 'avoid them' but you don't know these people as individuals, you're just vomiting forth this socially accepted image with no thought of your own.

It's the fact that you group people. You don't like 'gay as a personality', you try and 'avoid them' but you don't know these people as individuals, you're just vomiting forth this socially accepted image with no thought of your own.

I do know the people I don't wish to date as individuals first, I don't try and date strangers. My friend Tom (for example) is a great friend and fits into this category and I don't want to date him. Maybe one day I'll find someone I do want to date but come what may. And I don't 'avoid them' in the sense of running away, I just have no lustings after them.

Oh and I actually have no desire to date any guy at the moment anyway but I don't believe that makes me a misandrist.

This is what SOAS does to people damn hippie uni!

I jest I jest I went there for a term I remember damn anti war protesters blocking me off on more than one occasion.

This is what SOAS does to people damn hippie uni!

I jest I jest I went there for a term I remember damn anti war protesters blocking me off on more than one occasion.

No, you're definitely right to an extent. :heh:

I think the one thing SOAS teaches a lot of people is to vocalise. I haven't changed my views that much since going there. And I support the third runway. :hehe:

I do know the people I don't wish to date as individuals first, I don't try and date strangers. My friend Tom (for example) is a great friend and fits into this category and I don't want to date him. Maybe one day I'll find someone I do want to date but come what may. And I don't 'avoid them' in the sense of running away, I just have no lustings after them.

Oh and I actually have no desire to date any guy at the moment anyway but I don't believe that makes me a misandrist.

You're missing the point. Don't worry.

Edited by Daft

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!