NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

I'm cutting too. Relatively lax about it though as I like eating pizza and drinking beer at the weekend.

Probably so around 1800-2000 calories a day. Typically get 300 from 2 protein shakes (PHD diet whey is awesome. 35g protein and only 200 kcals) 200 from 2 chocolate digestives. Then a lunch of about 500 and the rest at dinner.

Will quite often go over 2000 but that's ok as I'm burning a lot. My TDEE conservative estimate is 2600 so that's still a deficit of at least 500 a day.

I keep on thinking just how easy it would be to bulk up. Smash back 3500 calories a day, loads of protein and hit the weights. Did it a bit last summer and noticed huge gains.

I'm already looking forward to the next bulk. :p

Cutting is hard. I'm being very clean about the whole thing, checking EVERYTHING I'm eating. It's amazing how easy bulking is in comparison, it's easier to make the numbers add up and you can snack on stuff in between to get the numbers up. Friday is pizza day in work but I'm not going for it, gonna get something else instead.

I'm expecting my lifts to take a hit. Obviously going to try and outdo my bests, but not going to be too downhearted if they're not quite as good.

Ive been in a deficit for about 5 weeks. The week before I started I got an Clean/OHP of 50kg and haven't seen it since :(

come baaaacccckk

Also......situps are just back pain waiting to happen! DEM PLANKS. Works your core about a million times harder too x( (and the added bonus of no repetitive strain!!)

I don't really get how you can get all your food in 1100 calories? I am trying to eat about 1200-1300 calories per day, but I am constantly going over that I think. I find it almost impossible to eat such a low amount.

What would you guys eat on such a diet? Any tips?

Don't they say you can't eat too many veggies? Maybe that's a good way to feel full. Also drinking lots of water throughout the day is supposed to help fill you and discourage snacking.

Veggies don't seem to fill me up though. I have a salad at work (lettuce, one tomato, one carrot, one boiled egg and some light dressing) but by the time I leave work I am starving. Been adding a tiny amount of smoked salmon to it but that just takes up the calories by quite a bit.

Also have either a nectarine or apple as a snack, and as a morning snack between breakfast and lunch I am now having self-made biscuits (banana mixed with plain oatmeal, baked in the oven). Breakfast is 55gr of cereal without milk. And dinner is usually chicken with some rice (or something comparable), a sauce and vegetables.

Ok my diet which i had today,

a protien shake for breakfast, 200 calories

lunch

soup, salad 2 pieces of bread , and an apple , i would say thats 300 caloires

dinner which i have at about 6pm

today i had a veggie cottage pie with qourn mince and lots of greens on the side, 2 bits of bread calories 500-600

depending on the time of day i go gym i have a protien shake after then 200 calories,

evening 9 pm ish i have a low fat yoghurt , or maybe some grapes or an apple of somthing,

mix in a few cups of tea maybe 3-4 cups a day , which i estimate 60-80 calories

did an hour and a half of basketball and gym , would say that burnt 500 calories

days total about 1300, slightly over my 1100 calories but it was all healthy food ,

i dont ever bother with proper breakfast, i dont even get hungry till lunchtime.

I will do anything ! to get into shape i have spent £120 on gym membership, i just need a diet plan that will work.

Edited by yesteryeargames

Ok my diet which i had today,

a protien shake for breakfast, 200 calories

lunch

soup, salad 2 pieces of bread , and an apple , i would say thats 300 caloires

dinner which i have at about 6pm

today i had a veggie cottage pie with qourn mince and lots of greens on the side, 2 bits of bread calories 500-600

depending on the time of day i go gym i have a protien shake after then 200 calories,

evening 9 pm ish i have a low fat yoghurt , or maybe some grapes or an apple of somthing,

mix in a few cups of tea maybe 3-4 cups a day , which i estimate 60-80 calories

did an hour and a half of basketball and gym , would say that burnt 500 calories

days total about 1300, slightly over my 1100 calories but it was all healthy food ,

i dont ever bother with proper breakfast, i dont even get hungry till lunchtime.

I will do anything ! to get into shape i have spent £120 on gym membership, i just need a diet plan that will work.

Eat breakfast.

Seriously, all the conflicting diet plans in the world all universally agree that you eat breakfast. It gets your metabolism burning for the rest of the day.

That calorie amount is still way too small.

Does anyone else occasionally forget to eat breakfast? I keep realising half way during the day I've forgotten.

Anyway, just went and bought a load of healthy food and some protein-heavy stuff (e.g. quinoa). Tried to get some tempeh but didn't have any tesco ("now currently available in most large supermarkets" my eye!), but there's an Asian food place nearby so will try there.

I've skipped breakfast (and lunch) on many occasions, as I do intermittent fasts.

My metabolic rate is not trashed, contrary to popular belief. :)

Managed to some weights yesterday. Anything that involved not moving my wrist was absolutely fine, did some heavy chest work but when it came to Bicep Curls or Wrist curls it was pretty pathetic, was just too painful to move any sort of weight. Still, please I got some work done.

Yeah, yesteryear, you should try to eat some kind of breakfast? Do you eat eggs? Scrambled eggs/egg whites are good for you. I love that stuff.

Deadlifts suck arse, today. Not sure I'm going to hit the same heights whilst on a cut. Gutted.

Also, I never skip breakfast. If there is one meal I make sure I eat a day, it's breakfast. Gimme my oats!

The problem is tho the more you eat the more hungry you get if that makes sense ?

I will try and have a healthy bowl of porridge

Edited by yesteryeargames

The problem is tho the more you eat the more hungry you get if that makes sense ?

I think that's your metabolism hard at work?

Slight confession to make.. Didn't do any workout on Wednesday or yesterday. Was working all last night on a project so didn't get a chance. 2 hours tennis tonight and then football Saturday night should make up for it slightly.

Losing weight is a long game. You can starve yourself but you're going to be way more prone to your weight yo-yoing.

Train hard, eat sensibly, give it time. That's all it takes.

Cliched to fuck but if you want to succeed in the long term, it's a lifestyle change you need to make, not a 'diet'. I don't doub't that weightwatchers and such work some people but for me, as soon as you started counting all those calories, you're getting a little obsessive. It's obviously prudent to have some sort of idea of what you're putting into your body but not at the cost of measuring every little thing.

That said, it's also about what works for you. Something that might work great for someone else isn't necessarily going to work for you. You need to find something works with who you are and stick to it. Whether that's being freakishly obsessed with it or being more laid back. It's all about the long term goal at the end of the day.

I will try and have a healthy bowl of porridge

If you continue the way you are going, you are headed towards weight loss stalls, health problems, and the cycling between what you're doing and binge episodes.

I've been there and done it countless of times before, and as a result I am 3 stone heavier than when I started dieting in 2008.

I agree with JonSt's point, its gotta be a change in lifestyle.

A woman I work with tried some sort of insane diet about a year ago because she's a bit on the larger side. I don't think she exercised a great deal, from what I remember. Maybe some cycle rides here and there, but nothing more than that. Her diet consisted of her eating no grains, pretty much just protein and very little else. I'll be surprised if she even made it to 1000 calories over the day.

She lost a ton of weight, but now she has put it all back on again and more. JonST is right, it has to be a lifestyle change. She's trying something similar again now and I told her it'll be very difficult to sustain for a longer period of time, but I get the impression she'll try again.

In the same amount of time, I have become more fitter as a result of skipping, football and squash, whilst also becoming more stronger and upping the weight for all of my lifts. My hamstrings feel bigger than they have ever done, my body feels good and I feel great. I do think personally think that there is a place for counting calories, but only because I used to be a skinny fucker years ago who hardly ate. For me, I've become fitter, stronger and I'd say I look physically better because I've been looking at the calories, but that's only because I am serious about improving myself.

Many people don't do it that way, but no two people are the same.

Does anyone else occasionally forget to eat breakfast? I keep realising half way during the day I've forgotten.

I've found since working 8-5 that I need to have breakfast, its an absolute must now as my lunch break isn't til 1. But I used to forget breakfast all the time.

I've been slowly working my way to becoming healthier, I'm doing it with a friend so it makes it easier to keep going. I've cut back on take-outs, so they are now none existent, no pre-packaged meals, fizzy pop is at a minimum, no alcohol. I now cannot really stand anything that I haven't made myself, not because it tastes bad but become I feel so bloated and unhealthy.

I'm also walking 1.2-2 miles a day and going swimming too, so once it all kicks in (I've only been doing it for a few weeks) I should hopefully see an improve in my health as I've been feeling much better.

Lastly, I replaced all my tea with green tea and I love it, I now longer feel so sluggish and its nice to drink peppermint tea ^_^

Played squash again today. We had an epic game that lasted 20 minutes before Jim finally won. We were so tired after that one but still had about 15 minutes to go haha. Playing again tomorrow, looking forward to it. =)

Not looking forward to a leg work-out tonight though. Jim is forcing me to do some weights stuff now, boooh.

We have also started paying attention to our food this week and it is already paying off. Lost about 0.7kg this week, yay! =D

Hit some new highs with Squats and Deadlift yesterday, pretty pleased with that. Alas, the high I felt with that was quickly brought down when trying to do any curls, wrist was barely capable of moving my water :heh:

Good job, team! :D

I'm loving squats again, now. I've always struggled a bit with getting good depth, but I'm finding it much easier now. Can get below parallel and in general the movement just looks and feels better. Feelsgoodman.

Good job, team! :D

I'm loving squats again, now. I've always struggled a bit with getting good depth, but I'm finding it much easier now. Can get below parallel and in general the movement just looks and feels better. Feelsgoodman.

My number one thought aways when doing Squats is to make sure my arse is sticking out. Keeps my alignment in good shape and I always seem to be able to drive up well when doing it. They're definitely one of my favourite exercises.

My number one thought aways when doing Squats is to make sure my arse is sticking out. Keeps my alignment in good shape and I always seem to be able to drive up well when doing it. They're definitely one of my favourite exercises.

I seemed to go through a lull period with my squats. I was fine doing them, then for some reason I began over-thinking it and made a mess with it. The easiest way to do it is, like you say, stick out that arse. I'm feeling it a looot during the drive up, even with lower weight. They kill me. I'm back at that "enjoying them" stage. :D

Legs are killing me after 45 mins football on the right wing last night against one of the better teams in the league. Thought I was going to collapse going down the stairs!