N-Europe

Yoshi's Land (RUMOUR)

Retro_Link

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/40526/rumor-nintendo-to-have-us-visit-yoshis-land?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Rumor: Nintendo To Have Us Visit Yoshi's Land

yoshi.jpg

Yoshi, Mario's hungry dinosaur steed, might be getting a Wii U game of his very own, and sooner rather than later.

The title Yoshi's Land first appeared on a mock debug menu a Wii U player accidentally stumbled across, and a listing for the game has recently appeared on Canadian electronics retailer Future Shop's website. Future Shop also leaked the existence of the Wii Mini before Nintendo officially confirmed it.

Nintendo has yet to comment, and certainly hasn't announced the game, so it's an open question as to what the game might be.

Our Take: Let the wild speculation commence!

Nintendo tends to feature Yoshi in platforming and puzzle games, although the "Land" suffix might be meaningful and indicate a minigame collection. Our gut tells us that they'll be making a game similar to the Yoshi spin-offs found on the DS and 3DS, but, of course, we'll see when (and if) the game is officially announced.

This is a bit of a strange one, because it is about time Nintendo did something with Yoshi again on a home console you would think, however...

a) We've just had NSMBU (aswell as NSMB2), so you'd think it would be highly unlikely Nintendo would have another 2D 'Mario' game in the works.

b) Yoshi's Land... Nintendo Land... I dunno... sure Land could be the new thing for Wii U, but again it's all sounding a bit samey.

However, I suppose it could be different enough from NSMBU if Nintendo did something very different with it visually, like Wario Land Shake Dimension and Kirby's Epic Yarn. In fact an evolution of the Epic Yarn engine could be lovely for a Yoshi game!

Considering that Nintendo Land and New Mario U aren't what I'd expect from a launch line up, I hope that this turns out to be a 3D platformer. Preferably it'd have level layouts etc more similar to Mario 64 than the slightly (note: special emphasis on slightly) CoD-ised Galaxy.

Find it hard to believe they would annopunce this as a full blown platformer due to Mario Bros. U being there for launch.

An eShop game? Perhaps...

If Nintendo are making a 2D Mario, Nintendoland and a 2D Yoshi, then I'm wondering what the heck Nintendo are up to.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a 2D Yoshi as well, but it would at this point feel like Nintendos lineup is a bit monotonous.

Nothing wrong with enjoying Yoshi's Story! You just need to take it on it's own merits and try to ignore the fact it's predecessor was pretty much as perfect a 2D platformer as you can get. It had a nice twist to completing levels, fun score attack modes and the soundtrack was incredible! 15 years on I still play this regularly with my 7-year old niece when she comes round (Yoshi is her favourite VG character).

I really hope Good Feel are involved in any Yoshi project, if it is indeed in the pipeline.