Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Destiny

Dog-amoto

No thank you, Bungie.

I'll play it, because I have the Season Pass, but in the future I'll think more than twice about buying anything Destiny related.

No raid is bad but an endgame focused on variety and replayability, that's pretty much what the game has been desperately needing for a long time.

Rumor has it that it will be a Horde Mode arena.

Destiny has basically always been 'the Horde Mode game' so I hope this rumor isn't true.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we played different games? I feel Destiny's the opposite of a horde mode game and has cried out for such a mode for ages. Every level, every PvE map you can visit spawns the same enemies in the same rooms every single time you play it. If anything it is a linear story mode game with co-op, only the rewards are random.

It's been desperate for a mode which is different every time you play, taking ideas from the endgame of other titles like Diablo.

It's been desperate for a mode which is different every time you play, taking ideas from the endgame of other titles like Diablo.

I consider "the door is closed, wait for it to open and fight lots of enemies" being "Horde Mode". I don't know the exact definition of Horde Mode so I simply went with that :p

And as long there isn't more enemy variety (and loot variety, i.e. more weapon stats which are randomized) and there aren't procedurally generated areas I don't think I'd enjoy a Horde Mode Arena for long.

I do agree that Destiny needs it, but a simple arena + random enemy spawns...won't do the trick.

But, I'd be happy if Bungie surprised us.

Edit: Something akin to Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons would be incredible.

Edited by drahkon

I gave up playing this months ago. Im amazed that you guys still play it constantly. I see @MilaGi on it all the time. What is there left to do on it? Fair play though

So I am looking forward to the expansion and glad ive taken a few months from the game so im not burnt out. No Raid though? Erm okay. Well i'm up for trying the new mode anyhow.

Mate, I support Newcastle Utd... I'm like a glutton for punishment haha!

I generally do some of the bounties with all three characters as well as the nightfalls. I'll do the Raids on occasion whenever they're happening. It does get stale, admittedly, but I only keep playing because of the desire to level stuff up (otherwise I wouldn't be on).

I'm disappointed that Bungie have made the decision not to include a Raid in the HoW but something fresh may just bring players back and keep the current ones playing (depending how well the Arena is received).

I'm still looking forward to the DLC though. Will be nice to upgrade stuff like Fatebringer etc! At least they won't be making such weapons obsolete...

I guess time will tell.

That's really bad. They must know raids are the reason most people still play. I can't imagine why they thought getting gear to a new damage level was a good idea again. We've already done it once, why would we want to do it again?

I suppose it all depends on what the upgrade path for weapons and armour entails. If it's the same as last time then I can imagine they'll lose a LOT of players.

Hopefully it'll be something similar to how the crux works (except it just upgrades weapons to next level rather than from legendary to exotic).

NO RAID?! what? thats been the only reason i've played the game recently!

I hope the end game new mode whatever allows a 6 person fire team to go through it! Maybe if it was like a Strike but with infinite enemy spawns like the pit on Crota it could work, especially with a six man squad.....right now this is terrible news bungie should not have announced this without dropping all the information on the new modes/end game

terrified this means were going to just get 5 more levels and a social area now oh and a new crucible mode

but those Egyptian themed armours! that hunter and warlock helmets! for the love of god i hope one level has you go through gates to other worlds to acquire them as a homage to star gate

Guess we will find out what the Arena is on 6th May via a live gameplay broadcast.

@Agent_Gibb Via a Vex Gate? :P

Devil's Lair is this week's nightfall with Arc Burn, Epic, Angry, Lightswitch. Only if we got the 365 Damage Fatebringer so we can 1-KO everything with a bullet lol.

but those Egyptian themed armours! that hunter and warlock helmets! for the love of god i hope one level has you go through gates to other worlds to acquire them as a homage to star gate

Sadly, I think it's going to be a bit more of a grind to get those pieces of armour thanks to being rewards from the Trials of Osiris playlist that's a ticketed event for performance during regular Crucible play. Clearly going to either be reward drops for performance in that or more reputation grinding :blank:

The lack of a raid is a mistake from Bungie. But the way they seem to be talking, it sounds like there will be a raid associated with HoW, just that it won't drop for a couple of months after the DLC (and let's call it that as it's not an expansion) drops. With 4 months between HoW releasing and the potential release of Comet, I think they'll use the new raid to span that gap but bring about the supposed higher end Vault of Glass raid, so people can run that for the upgraded VoG gear rather than having to upgrade them through whatever method they're using this time.

The Arena could be good provided they can actually make it different every time you run it, and that there's matchmaking (though I suspect this won't be the case as they've stated it's a cooperative end game activity so will BS about wanting you to group with friends and not randoms :nono:).

I'm hoping that they have upped the number of story missions to account for the lack of raid as well. Given that the general pattern up to now has been that you fight a raid boss that ties in with the story arc for each part of the game, and the trailer alludes to betrayal by the Fallen the Queen rules over, you'd have thought they'd have set it up for a fight against either a new House of Wolves Kell/Archon or against Kaliks Prime. Unless they're then going to flesh out the story and have these as missions (presumably one will be in the King's Watch in the Cosmodrome), they'd be purposefully holding content back although it wouldn't be Destiny if they weren't.

The jury's out on this for me so far but as I've already paid for the DLC, it'll get played. I'm just hoping it's worth it.

Bungie have well and truly pulled the pants down of anyone that paid full-whack for the season pass. Last game I'll buy from them, unless pre-owned, they can fuck right off!

All that repetitive, endless, repetitive grinding to level up your exotics only for the overpriced DLC to make them obsolete. If you want them on par you then have to grind on them from scratch again, losing the skills you've already ground out?! Fuck off Bungie!!!

I only played the first DLC once through, got immediately bored of it as it was next to nothing in content, no way was I just repeating it all to get to level 32, fuck that, I stayed on level 30.

I'll play the new DLC only because I've already paid for it but once it's done Destiny is getting traded in!

Would it even be worth trade in value? i feel this game is going to be like Animal Crossing for me, in that i'll keep it and very occasionally play it when a new season (DLC) is around for a day or two

Better than keeping it and never playing it again.

Better than keeping it and never playing it again.

Very true

Not happy with Bungie, not two days after leaving VOG on a high for getting the vex :yay:, i've found out the new DLC date :yay:, then theres no Raid :mad:

I'm glad in a way the season pass only covered the Dark Below and House of Thieves, as they've already had £35 far too much from me, and theres no way i'm buying the Comet DLC until i know what exactly it is and if its worth the likely over inflated cost......After this DLC i might even just not bother with the game until after the 4th dlc is out

that said with the dire situation of lack of content/bait and switch on raids....they should make the Comet expansion part of the season pass by way of apology! if they did that it would stifle some of my (and it seems thousands of others) current ill feeling

Has anyone anywhere been positive to the news? i saw one Troll on Gaf say they were happy as they only played pvp but it was so obviously a troll

I gave up playing this months ago. Im amazed that you guys still play it constantly. I see @MilaGi on it all the time. What is there left to do on it? Fair play though

So I am looking forward to the expansion and glad ive taken a few months from the game so im not burnt out. No Raid though? Erm okay. Well i'm up for trying the new mode anyhow.

You just know we'll have completed all the DLC content in one night like last time.

Lack of a new raid is crazy though, most of us will be done with this in a couple of weeks from release.

Anyone wanna do some Nightfalls on Thursday? Was going to suggest now but just loaded up the game to be greeted with a 6GB update download, which thanks to my country bumpkin internet connection will take over 4 hours :eek:

My PS4 was been in standby so why this didn't start automatically I have no idea (that's the whole point, right)?!

Anyone wanna do some Nightfalls on Thursday? Was going to suggest now but just loaded up the game to be greeted with a 6GB update download, which thanks to my country bumpkin internet connection will take over 4 hours :eek:

My PS4 was been in standby so why this didn't start automatically I have no idea (that's the whole point, right)?!

I'll help with the Nightfalls :D

One of the shit TDB exotics just got less shit

Also, a big new feature from 1.1.2, weapons get XP from mission rewards! That's pretty sweet, should level weapons a bit quicker now. And Xur should always have heavy ammo now.

Destiny Update - 04/14/2015 by Destiny Dev Team Update 1.1.2 : The one with Vault space and Raid fixes.

With this update, we’re responding to player feedback and addressing larger issues that compromised the quality of the Destiny experience.

Spotlight Improvements & Additions

Vault Capacity increased to 24 Armor Slots, 36 Weapon Slots, and 24 General Slots

Disabled gear comparison in Vault on Xbox 360 & PS3 platforms to account for additional slot memory

Colorblind support (deuteranopia, protanopia, tritanopia) added for highly color-driven gameplay elements:

- Motion Tracker

- Loot drops

- Shield energy

- Item categories

Audio Controls are now available in the Settings menu

Volume control

Music toggling

Item Lock now allows players to prevent gear and weapon items from being accidentally dismantled

The purple ball has been reborn in the tower as an interactive sphere with a parallaxed energy core that grows with object velocity and tints based off time of day

Weapons

General

Fixed a bug that caused a player to lose ammo when switching weapons while dead

Fixed a bug where ammo consumables did not reliably replenish ammo

Pocket Infinity behavior is less likely to fail during edge case conditions

4th Horseman weapon stats restored to original intended values

Perks

Updated Thorn's first-person player feedback poison effect

White Nail perk no longer triggers on immune targets

Defensive Reflex (Don’t Touch Me) perk no longer triggers on throwing knives

Performance Bonus ammo on Fusion Rifles reduced to match Shotguns and Sniper Rifles

Fixed an issue introduced in 1.1.1 that allowed Ice Breaker to persist ammo after respawn

World

Players can now choose to wear their helmets in social spaces

Quest loot pyramid baubles are now easier to spot

Added Quest indicator badges to the Tower when a Quest is either completed and ready to turn in

Increased Crota's Bane Reputation rewards on Eris Morn's bounties

Fixed a bug where Major Thralls had two jaws and two left hands

Fixed a bug where player’s equipped items did not receive experience from completing missions

Fixed a bug where the Black Garden Level 30 Featured Story was incorrectly listed at Level 28

Fixed a bug where Heavy Ammo consumables were not available for purchase from Xûr

Strikes

Cereberus Vae III

Valus Ta'Aruc's strength has been reduced by 33%

Reduced the number of Major combatants in the Valus Ta'Aurc fight

Dust Palace

Dust Palace: Reduced the number of Major combatants in the Psion Flayer fight

Dust Palace: Lowered the strength on the Psion Flayers' shields

Raids

Vault of Glass

Vault of Glass will no longer display a highlighted activity notification despite players best efforts to remove it

Fixed a bug where splash damage could penetrate the Aegis bubble

Shield Relic melee attacks now land Minotaurs more consistently

Improved issues associated with walking through the teleport

Crota's End

Crota will now wait until fully standing before a sword attack

Fixed a bug where the sword immediately despawned after killing a swordbearer

Swords will now last a full 30 seconds after being picked up

PvP

General

Greatly reduced the weighting of Blind Watch and Firebase Delphi in Control, Iron Banner, and Inferno Control playlists

Fixed a bug where a player that was killed by an enemy could commit suicide and be revived for points

Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving points for neutralizing a control zone

Fixed a bug where capture points were not properly disabled after the game ends

Added incremental revive timers to Skirmish and Salvage

Each time a teammate revives you, it takes longer before you can be revived again (currently +5s each revive)

Stopping Power now requires Shotgun kills instead of sprees

Target Practice now requires Hand-Cannon kills instead of sprees

Electrocutioner now requires Fusion Rifle kills instead of sprees

Maps

Anomaly: Added invisible physics over the pool table to keep people from hiding

Shores of Time: Added kill volume to the open edge of "A" cave in to keep players from hiding

The Burning Shrine: Moved the spawn point to fix camera view

Ammunition

Crates are now visible for all players long before they are available to pick up, with a countdown timer added to show when they will arrive

Guardians no longer drop Special ammo on death

Lowered the amount of Special ammo picked up from crates (from 50% to 25%)

Special Ammo crate respawn time raised (from 45 seconds to 120 seconds)

Increased drop radius when a friendly picks up a Special crate (from 20 meters to 100 meters)

Slightly increased interaction time on Special Ammo crate (from 0.1 seconds to 0.8 seconds)

Reduced the number of Special crates on the maps and relocated them (from 6-8 crates to 3-5 crates)

Special and Heavy ammo bricks now despawn when a player dies or on a timer (20 seconds for Special, 30 seconds for Heavy)

Heavy ammo now lets everyone know which player or Faction picked up ammo

Increased warning time on Heavy ammo (from 10 seconds to 15 seconds)

UI

New visual treatment to Quest nodes and nodes that involve Quest activities or steps

Players can now click the left stick to hide the UI when inspecting items, for screenshotting/sharing purposes

Fixed a bug where precision kills did not appear correctly in the PGCR

UI flyouts are now easier to navigate (i.e. “Amazon Flyout Menu”)

Audio

Fixed an issue where Stealth Vandal audio was being suppressed by gunfire or other loud sounds

Titan Ward of Dawn now has audio indicators at low energy so players can more easily read when it will time out

Players walking into enemy Wards of Dawn now hear a sound when blindness is applied

Companion

Fixed issue where Combined Arms Grimoire card was pointing to the wrong unlock conditions

Fixed issue where Grimoire cards were awarding the incorrect number of Grimoire points

Technical

Fixed a rare soft-lock when a player's internet connection drops

Clarified error that displays when user has insufficient hard drive space

Better handling of rest mode/resume on PS4

Edited by Shorty

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!