NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Absolutely loving this game again!

Just did my first daily story mission and my heart was beating so fast at the end of it. It was a level I struggled a little with doing the normal story so having the difficulty ramped right up was exciting, had to rely on my Warlock self res but just about managed it! A little annoyed that all you get is legendary marks though, no engrams :/

A few bits of advice for people levelling up...

Focus on weapons over armour. I know it's tempting to buy armour with legendary marks as soon as you can afford some but since weapons count more towards your overall light level they will be more useful. Also as your light level increases the quality of the armour you get dropping from engrams also increases.

Make sure your light level is at it's highest possible before decrypting an engram. This will give you the best chance of an item that will be better than what you already have - the light level of an engram is decided when decrypted, not when picked up. Just because a piece of armour is legendary doesn't mean a blue engram won't be a higher light level.

Decrypt one engram at a time. If it will increase your light level then equip it and decrypt the next, then check, equip and so on. It will take a little longer but gives you the best chance of finding better gear.

I have hit 250 with both my Warlock and Hunter now. Hunter is levelled up super fast because I transferred my weapons across so was getting good engram drops for my armour.

Gonna try out the Heoric strikes playlist tomorrow and then maybe the nightfall on Friday :yay:

Edited by Eddage

I've done a lot of infusing and apparently I don't get it :blank: one thing levelled up, but other things only levelled half way up to to the item I scrapped in the process, meaning potential light lost... I got to 252 but then a couple of poor infusions later I'm now on 250.

Edit: so you get roughly 80% rounded down of the difference between the items. So only infuse

• A lower weapon/armour
  • Which you want to improve (but not reach the max) the damage/defence value of
  • Infuse it with an item:
    > Of the same type from the same year. They can even be cross-class gear.
    > With a higher damage/defence value of which you accept you will not reach (unless the difference is very small, eg 5) and which you don't want anymore and you accept you will dismantle/lose

Perks do not change or reset XP. The dmg/def simply increases and the light with it.

You can dismantle blues or purples in the process. At this point it would make more sense to scrap a purple for marks than use it to infuse. Levelling it first means more marks.

TTK is so good, I can't believe how many missions there are. I thought I'd finished the story and now I have 3 pages of quests. @drahkon I can comfortably say it's worth the price tag.

Edited by Shorty

Hit 132 light yesterday, my RNG luck hasn't been great. Been torn between rushing to level up and just taking my time, too. It's all very exciting. BUT! I'm off work tomorrow so I'm going to dive in with all the Strikes and such then.

Pretty much mirror eveyone's sentiments.

My god, the missions are awesome. Tightly scripted and they switch up the gameplay.

The mission in Crota's End was so good. Just what the hell?! Why have we waited so long for stuff like this? The invisible sneaking around bit. I would love to see stuff like that incorporated into Patrol too.

Also, the Oryx fight felt epic.

I wonder what Xur will be selling.

Also, I still have 400+ Ascendent Energy. They are utterly useless now, right?

Also, anyone know what to do with the Cabal Sunburn (?) key?

132 light?? Well, you're out of the Arc Raid Team then :p

Skyburner Key? Actually we found the door for that yesterday but not the key... want me to tell you where?

My remedial Walrock.

236 light, I mean. Still getting used to everything new. I'm so confused.

I found the door, too. I got a 'Skyburners Command Beacon' as a random drop from a Cabal. The flavour text reads, 'Could be useful for setting up an ambush for the Cabal incursion.' So it's not the key – my mistake – but I assume it'll get me the key...somehow.

...But I have no idea how to use it and don't really want to look it up because I want to try and figure it out myself.

...But I may crack...stupid free-flow of information on the internet...

TTK is so good, I can't believe how many missions there are. I thought I'd finished the story and now I have 3 pages of quests. @drahkon I can comfortably say it's worth the price tag.

I've been thinking about trading in Arkham Knight (didn't really get into it) and my Vanilla Destiny copy for The Taken King Legendary Edition. Would've to pay 9.99€ then, which seems like a reasonable deal.

Would probably delete all my shit and begin anew (yes, not necessary, but with the 2.0 update and all the new stuff I think it would be the best idea for me to get back into it).

Friday evening, for those not raiding or anything, i'm online and happy to join a fireteam to do random shizzle.

Also, I still have 400+ Ascendent Energy. They are utterly useless now, right?

Also, anyone know what to do with the Cabal Sunburn (?) key?

I don't know if it's new but Bill Nighy can trade pretty much all materials for any other materials, so they might not be worthless.

I'm at 231 light and hoping to smash it on and off today.

If it's not already been said; bagsy a spot on the Friday Raid if someone drops out.

So much of this thread still reads so alien to me. Does anyone know how long it might take me to level from like 9 to 25? I understand that's the level at which you can start doing TTK stuff, though I'm thinking to not use the insta-level thingy yet but rather play my way to it getting to know the game a bit more, then insta-level a second character to use once I know a bit more of what I'm doing etc.

Also didn't realise TTK is just a download code with the disc rather than content - intrigues me on how many essentially useless copies of destiny are gonna flood the second-hand market given it's buyable retail cheaper than the DLC...

They couldn't have printed Destiny 2.0 on the disk?

Anyway, downloading that 17GB patch...should take a day with the insanely fast PSN download speed :indeed:

Oh, nevermind. 72 hours according to my Download list. :bowdown: -.-

Decided to keep one character and all my items in the Vault and begin anew with two characters.

I've read that all the year one equipment is ueselss? So scrapping them is the only useful thing to do?

Edited by drahkon

Just want to echo other people's sentiment: The Taken King has exceeded my expectations immeasurably and it is everything that I could have hoped for.

When you beat the final story mission in the main quest line, a big title screen pops up. I joked at the time that maybe those missions were just the prologue; turns out I wasn't far off. There is just so much to do, and what's more, it's all so much fun. And we haven't even touched the Raid yet (speaking of which, it's looking increasingly unlikely we'll be high enough light level by Friday - gotta keep grinding my way up).

Speaking of Raids...would people be interested in doing the older raids again with someone who hasn't played them and has no idea what to expect? :p

I'll have some time from Monday on until the end of September so I'm looking to get some raid action going.

Edited by drahkon

Don't stress too much. @ReZourceman is on call in case anyone can't make it. Edit: Ignore that, different raid group. Confusing myself.

How is everyone in Arc looking for the Raid, think you're all good for levels?

@DriftKaiser

@Map

@Eddage

@Shorty

@Sheikah

Sounds like I'm at the back of the bunch but I'll get all day at it tomorrow so I should be fine. I'm currently only 4 light lvl off what I suspect is the minimum so hopefully I'll be comfortable by the Raid time.

Will do, as soon as I pick up my headset on Saturday. : peace:

Sweet

Speaking of Raids...would people be interested in doing the older raids again with someone who hasn't played them and has no idea what to expect? :p

I'll have some time from Monday on until the end of September so I'm looking to get some raid action going.

Yeah, I'd be up for some of the old raids.

Edited by Daft

I would like to, so will whenever I can.

well i got to level 36 last night and whilst i love the changes i also hate what they did to my exotics, My Mythoclast is now shit, my Galahorn is shit, my Blackhammer, my read weapons and armour too....i feel like a noob and its not nice

couple of questions

what happened to the Queens and Eris' bounties? i can raise both to level 5 but there seems to be limited ways to do this now

i did have an idiot moment, did a load of bounties and went to hand them in......nothing

Didn't realise you can now do that from the actual menu! it could have done with an in game list of changes

wait one other question, i was under the impression that if you upgraded digitally you also got the Suros arsenal pack, some reddit posts on the destiny subreddit suggested this, but i've got nothing - to be honest nothing downloaded full stop when i bought the expansion

They couldn't have printed Destiny 2.0 on the disk?

Was that in response to my post? I thought the disc contained TTK and expansion content on it, but there's just a scratchable card inside the box with the download code for it; hence it won't be a re-sellable item in theory. Not sure how many people realise that, but also it means that they're essentially flooding the market with so many copies of Destiny it's going to become almost worthless. Interesting way to undercut it, of sorts.

well i got to level 36 last night and whilst i love the changes i also hate what they did to my exotics, My Mythoclast is now shit, my Galahorn is shit, my Blackhammer, my read weapons and armour too....i feel like a noob and its not nice

It's funny because I essentially feel the opposite, don't care about any of my old weapons at the moment. Carrying forward some of my favourite exotics will definitely happen at some point but I haven't found myself wanting Black Hammer, Gjallarhorn, Mythoclast etc once, I'm focusing on new purple and blue drops, levelling up prototype weapons etc.. Whilst hunting Taken yesterday we took out the spider tank using regular weapons again, no stupid infinite-ammo Black Hammer fight, just fun, dynamic fighting!

You need to get your light up anyway so none of those weapons really matter. That said, Year One weapons are still great in crucible (Last Word, Party Crasher, Messenger, Praedyth's Revenge etc).

Was that in response to my post?

Nah, it was just a realization on my part that the Destiny 2.0 update isn't inculded on the disc, meaning I have to download that 17GB patch which sucks with the PSN download speed.

Currently the download time switches between 3 and 67 hours...:indeed:

Well the patch came out 10 days ago whether you bought TTK or not, so maybe that will teach you to turn on automatic updates! It will be worth the wait anyway.

Well the patch came out 10 days ago whether you bought TTK or not, so maybe that will teach you to turn on automatic updates! It will be worth the wait anyway.

I've deleted Destiny on my old HDD to make space for other stuff. I didn't play it on my new HDD, so no automatic updates :p

Pretty sure it will be worth the wait...however, with my luck, the game will be ready to play when the Europa League starts :D

Might do some minor stuff via remote-play then.