N-Europe

Huh? Nintendo.co.uk is evolving!

Ike

And the rest of the European sites as well of course ;)

Nintendo of Europe is preparing to upgrade the Nintendo of Europe website, the process of which will take place over the next few weeks. When complete, this will mean a number of changes to the look and functionality, so here's a look at what you can expect:

Firstly, the way the website looks will change. Some sections have simply been visually upgraded, but other parts will also work differently than before. In addition, certain sections will remain under construction, while other sections will disappear completely.

The largest section due to be improved is the Stars Catalogue, which will be unavailable for about two weeks during the upgrade. To ensure that Club Nintendo members don't lose any Stars during that period, however, Stars due expire at the end of October will instead expire at the end of November.

Other sections that will remain under construction when the new website launches are the Gift Finder and some Club Nintendo-exclusive features such as the Wishlist, Content Alerts and your public profile. If you're a regular user of these functions, rest assured they will return in the future.

As part of the website makeover, the navigation system will also change. The main navigation buttons at the top of each page will focus on the most important sections: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Wii, Games, Club Nintendo and Support. The navigation at the bottom of each page will be extended and give visitors direct access to certain sections that were sometimes hard to find.

The search feature has also been rebuilt completely, making it easier to find the content you're looking for, while the way we display videos has been improved. On top of that, it will be easier to share your favourite content on social networks like Twitter, Facebook and Google+. And finally, the way the website displays images and icons has been improved to be more compatible with smartphones and tablet computers.

We look forward to bringing you our new website and ask for your patience with any small technical issues that may arise immediately after launch. We will endeavour to fix any problems as soon as possible.

We hope you enjoy our new website!

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/upcoming_changes_to_the_nintendo_of_europe_website_55321.html via Gonintendo.

Obviously, the biggest news here are the navigationStars Catalogue changes, although no hints at what these changes are.

Of course I'm wondering if they are also preparing features for eShop integration in the background as well, seems suspiciously close to the Wii U launch to me ;). (Or: I'm reading too much into it. :P)

The fact that they specifically noted the Stars Catalogue as getting the lion's share of the update is pretty telling.

I bet the majority of this update will be focused around some sort of Wii U integration (being able to see how many discount points you've earned, being able to buy eShop games from the website itself etc)

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Nintendo of Europe website will temporarily shut down tonight

As announced recently, the Nintendo of Europe website is currently being upgraded. For this reason, the website, including Club Nintendo will be shut down around 21:00 tonight (CET). Tomorrow morning both will be accessible again, but will look and behave a little differently.

Please note that the Club Nintendo Stars Catalogue will remain unavailable for about two weeks. However, to ensure you will not lose any Club Nintendo Stars that may be about to expire, no Stars will expire at the end of October or November. Instead, those stars will expire at the end of December.

If you were planning to register any products tonight, please ensure you do this before 8pm (UK time) or wait until tomorrow. Please also note that sections such as the Gift Finder and Club Nintendo exclusive features like your Wishlist, Content Alerts and your public profile will remain under construction for a longer period of time.

Please note that in preparation for the upcoming surveys for Nintendo 3DS Download Software, the surveys for Nintendo DSiWare, WiiWare and Virtual Console (Wii) will be taken offline. These surveys will become available again in the future, and you will then be able to claim Stars for all Nintendo DSiWare, WiiWare and Virtual Console (Wii) games downloaded in the mean time. Note that in order to claim Stars for downloaded games, you will need to link your Club Nintendo account to your Wii Shop Account and/or the Nintendo DSi Shop.

Seems to coincide with the eShop maintenance... Suspicious!

I'd really like DS games on the Virtual Console, actually. Considering it has a "DS Mode" and the fact that (much bigger) 3DS titles such as Ocarina of Time 3D are available to download, Nintendo's current handheld should be able to run every generation of titles - Game Boy, GBA, DS and 3DS. It would be a good way to obtain Japan/US-only games like Etrian Odyssey I & II.

Not a fan of the header, doesn't look right to me for some reason. But it's much nicer layout, game list pages (like the eShop) are better and navigation is much easier. Looks slightly unfinished in places, like the footer with the Facebook/Google+/Twitter links and found some broken images in place. I know they are still working on it so hope they sort them out.

404 error is great :laughing:

Hm.

Technically the site is a bit poor :heh: no responsive layout, doesn't fit in a tablet on portrait, left aligns itself on a phone - which you can replicate in your browser if you click your mousewheel. You can uselessly scroll right, but there's no scrollbar - this is due to overflow-x:hidden on the body tag, which is an absolute hack-job!!

Edited by Shorty

This is for Europe

From 06/11/2012 18:00 GMT to 07/11/2012 01:00 GMT

Nintendo eShop ・ Nintendo DSi Shop

Wii Shop Channel

Some parts of the service are currently suspended due to temporary maintenance.

We apologise for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

Heh :heh: I didn't even know that they had a maintenance page for all their services (even shows service problems per game too - guess those Pokemon Black/White server problems explain why Game Sync wasn't working for me earlier today!)

Heh :heh: I didn't even know that they had a maintenance page for all their services (even shows service problems per game too - guess those Pokemon Black/White server problems explain why Game Sync wasn't working for me earlier today!)

The Pokémon Global Link, and any connected in-game services including Game Sync and Random Matchup, goes down every Tuesday from 7am to 2pm