N-Europe

Nintendo Direct 25th October...TODAY!

A Nintendo Direct for Japan and the US are happening today.

Im hoping for them to finally unload all the information about their online setup but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case.

Tune in to Nintendo.com tomorrow at 7AM PT for a new Nintendo Direct! We’ll be taking an in-depth look at several announced Nintendo 3DS games coming this holiday season, and there might even be a sneak peek at a few 2013 titles!

Nintendo Direct JP will be centered on new 3DS info including upcoming software, and will also have more on previously-announced Wii U titles.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/index.html

A 3DS one!? Unexpected!

So I take it that means that it wont be going over the eShop/OS stuff then? Sigh, they're really gonna do it aren't they? They're not going to tell us or their 3rd party partners anything at all until the console is out on store shelves :nono:

A 3DS one!? Unexpected!

So I take it that means that it wont be going over the eShop/OS stuff then? Sigh, they're really gonna do it aren't they? They're not going to tell us or their 3rd party partners anything at all until the console is out on store shelves :nono:

I like the mystery :p

I'm sure that the people who are releasing games on the eShop on day 1 don't like it though! :laughing:

I don't like it either. It's a month away and we know nothing about it. I'm quite happy that the US is getting the Wii U first, that way I can see how the online works and if I don't care for it I can then either cancel my preorder, or keep it and sell the console on Ebay, if there is a profit to be had of course. :)

I don't like it either. It's a month away and we know nothing about it. I'm quite happy that the US is getting the Wii U first, that way I can see how the online works and if I don't care for it I can then either cancel my preorder, or keep it and sell the console on Ebay, if there is a profit to be had of course. :)

Is the online infrastructure really that important that you'd cancel the pre-order or sell it???

3 hours until the JP Direct. Best get showered and grab some food and I'll try and do my best translating random tid bits no one cares about =P

I'm guessing Nintendo are confident enough in the Wii U's launch that they're going to expedite a few titles on the 3DS front to make sure it doesn't slow too much during the launch period.

a sneak peek at a few 2013 titles!

Fiiiiire Emblem!

Seems a bit soon for another 3DS ND, but I suppose the US didn't have a proper one when we got ours. Also a bit odd that the Japanese ND has Wii U titles when they aren't getting it until December.

Wonder when the "journalists" will start getting their final Wii U units in, must be soon since the US launch is in 3 weeks(!) just about.

Fiiiiire Emblem!

Seems a bit soon for another 3DS ND, but I suppose the US didn't have a proper one when we got ours. Also a bit odd that the Japanese ND has Wii U titles when they aren't getting it until December.

Wonder when the "journalists" will start getting their final Wii U units in, must be soon since the US launch is in 3 weeks(!) just about.

Even when they do, they probably still wont be able to show us what the eShop or the online friends/Miiverse stuff looks like since it probably wont be made active until launch day :(

Is the online infrastructure really that important that you'd cancel the pre-order or sell it???

I gave a half hearted answer before as I was busy at work but here's my beef with the lack of online chatter.

As I've got older my friends and I have drifted apart in terms of location and interests. This is quite the norm in life so nothing to complain about there. What does upset me is that Nintendos approach the last few years is to cater for those who have people to play with locally. Don't get me wrong, I love local multiplayer and it does bring people together. But given my situation, and many others no doubt, local multiplayer sessions are rare thing.

This is a big reason why I want a good online system from Nintendo. I want to play games like NSMB and Nintendoland with other people but with their way of thinking I can't unless I have people around the house or set up some youth activity at my church.

Being able to hook up with fellow Nintendo gamers with similar interests has been a big wish of mine since the arrival of online gaming. The multiplayer sessions I had with you guys on Monster Hunter were fantastic but these experiences are few and far between.

I love Nintendo but I just wish they would embrace online and remember that not everyone has the setup and quite frankly the people to enjoy local multiplayer gaming.

It's true. And new Pushmo sequel footage, the blocks have more freedom in their movement. They can move side to side and I think I saw one of them being retracted into the ground

EDIT: Correction, the blocks can be pulled out in such a way that they are pulled down by gravity if they have no support

More DLC coming for NSMB2

This all seems to be eShop software so far, just so you know what to expect for the first half at least

Available straight after the presentation for Japan

Dream worlds confirmed for Animal Crossing. Can be accessed via a club and requires a wifi connection.

Stream just cut out for me..

Edited by Debug Mode