N-Europe

The Wire Season 1 Mafia

Yvonne

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[[ ... was trying to stay in character but seriously... all people seem to want is straight up names and straight forward lynches

In a game where the biggest hindrance as town is having to show the mafia all your information in a common thread people really don't want to work anything out in posts. Ironic in a game about detectives.

Isn't anything personal so I'll leave it there but still... ]]

... bitches be trippin yo.

Is the night when you do nothing a cooldown of some sort to an ability? I only ask because Mafia members will occasionally not use an ability, instead opting to do something else more sinister.

[[ ... was trying to stay in character but seriously... all people seem to want is straight up names and straight forward lynches

In a game where the biggest hindrance as town is having to show the mafia all your information in a common thread people really don't want to work anything out in posts. Ironic in a game about detectives.

Isn't anything personal so I'll leave it there but still... ]]

... bitches be trippin yo.

NB - note my qualm was with posts that state "I got nothing" - the very kind of post from which nothing, even subtle, can be discerned.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

No, it's to do with my side condition, that (I'm not certain when saying this) if I don't complete means I will lose even if the town does win.

I have some control as to when I do it, but someone's actions last night has hindered me.

There is reason within the thread for you to trust me, so I'm not going to reveal what it is I'm doing.

It's true that there's reason within this thread to trust you, but that could also be interpreted as 'so why isn't he dead yet?' sort of questioning in terms of the Mafia not picking up on it (most Mafia contain at least 1 competent player from my past experience).

P.S. I'm not trying to be aggressive here, merely trying to eke out information so that we're not a few days down the line with next to no clue about anyone and about to be town killed. You're actually one of the better players here in terms of actual discussion contribution, DuD.

Does your power not return info or do you were suspect you were roleblocked?

The first night when i targetted Peeps, i got info back that he had to disobey someone. But for some reason, i didn't get back anything with dohnut. Maybe i was blocked, who knows. Have to see if anyone comes out with that info.

Tales, you saying being roleblocked means you have nothing doesn't make sense to me. Saying you were roleblocked IS something.

NB - when we are saying 'something' here are you on the same page as me? As in something = information.

"Something" as in information that is actually useful. The alternative to saying nothing is a dozen posts like Cube's :p

But you're obviously not going to role reveal yet so by that logic no one but information gatherers would have anything 'useful'.

It's all useful, we can use this to piece stuff together. 'I got nothing' may as well be replaced with 'I'm possibly Mafia' or 'feigned activity post'.

Hell yeah brother. Only ones wanna keep town in the dark be the mafia...

...dawg

I'm not disagreeing that staying quiet is both hurtful to the town and suspicious. My point is that thinking only mafia stay quiet(or is more likely to) one also assume that active people are town, which is dangerous path in my opinion. It's easy to appear town by just posting tons of posts, but which have nothing of value. Not that I suspect him, but take Sheikah, gave us nothing of value and appear super duper active. In my opinion, he is as likely as mafia as that Dedede guy. Personally, and this may just be me, but I always have an extra eye on people being "too" town. Sorry for creating a discussion out of it, my points don't always come out clear :p

That implies that people who do post "info" are town.

No, no, I never said this. It implies that they might be town or they might not be. The crucial things is that they say something you can scrutinise (Mafia wouldn't like this), or use to piece together facts.

If you say nothing or a useless 'got nothing', there is nothing to scrutinise. This is not useful to town.

Not that I suspect him, but take Sheikah, gave us nothing of value and appear super duper active. In my opinion, he is as likely as mafia as that Dedede guy. Personally, and this may just be me, but I always have an extra eye on people being "too" town. Sorry for creating a discussion out of it, my points don't always come out clear :p

Um, you know this to be untrue. Dedede has next to no presence and has what, 3 posts in his life? He's just sailing by and apparently you're fine with this. mmkay...

I revealed I was jailkept N1, and whether or not I reached my targets or not for every night so far. I'm also the only person to try to get people not giving town-friendly responses to actually talk.

I was roleblocked last night by the same person who roleblocked me on night 1.

If anyone knows which character from the show would be described as an idiot, please let me know.

If anyone knows which player has that character, please say so.

If anyone knows someone that targeted me night 1 or last night, please say so.

As I'm quite clearly town, there should be no reason for a townie to roleblock me therefore that person is mafia.

I was pretty much joking earlier. I was completely successful in my night's work but I was mostly just making fun of Jimbob. However, I'm not really willing to get involved in a big argument about whether or not people should reveal information. I'd very much like to hear from people who haven't said anything so far today.

Um, you know this to be untrue. Dedede has next to no presence and has what, 3 posts in his life? He's just sailing by and apparently you're fine with this. mmkay...

It was a...the English metaphor that escapes me. No harm meant in any case. I'd like Dedede to show up very much as well.

Peeps, I assume there was something in the pm that assure you it's the same player? Weird to roleblock the same person in the first three nights no?