Daft

General TV Thread

Recommended Posts

Okay that's why I recall hearing about the first. I'll just wait until My Dad Wrote a Porno comes back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Beast Josh has invited you to #CircleBoysOfN-EuropeChat

Circle message: Good evening darling, how are you doing? Not sure what to think of Tammy's response to meeting Manrika and finding out she went behind her back, she took it well and was the higher person but I really wanted some drama :laughing: Speaking of Manrika, it's kind of a relief to see that she does view her 'circle boyfriend' Felix as a bit of tongue in cheek fun and nothing serious as it would be really mean for her to have fallen for him only to find out it's a catfish basically using her to further themselves.

I was impressed James/Gemma came out as themselves to Andy but that really revealed a bad side to Andy, he seemed so self righteous and up himself when he was all, "well I'm disappointed she didn't tell me everything when I asked her a few days ago honestly...", hope he doesn't fall off that high horse of his. 

And two newbies! Can't say I'm feeling either of them at the minute but it's early days. And when are these producers going to realise we want more Vithan?! angry emoji, angry emoji, thinking emoji, kiss kiss, send.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2021 at 5:01 PM, Ashley said:

Anyway, watched the finale of Superstore

  Superstore finale (Hide contents)

It was good to see spoiler spoiler.

The spoiler was kind of spoiler but I expect that from this kind of show. I did see someone online saying the show should have ended with spoiler being spoilered. Talk about buzzkill.

 

 

Spoiler

It was one of the best series endings I've seen in a long time, I really wasn't sure how I would feel about Amy and Jonah getting back together but somehow with the time jumps and their chemistry they really pulled it off and it felt pretty natural despite all having to come together within 40 minutes - the only collateral damage was another one of Jonahs love interests, the lawyer, alas I think more than anything she was victim to the show being cancelled and so it was a case of getting rid of that storyline about 10 episodes quicker than intended. 

I was glad Garrett had the speech at the end, it felt like his character hadn't grown much so for him to actually show emotion was nice. Overall everyone had a pretty nice ending and it felt much less convoluted than expected with the shop closing and most people actually having to move on. It was cool to see the foot thing addressed lol. Cheyenne and Bo working for Glenn was sweet, especially as he also helped them get their house a few seasons ago, I loved that they had a framed picture of Myrtle there too! Though honestly I'm not sure they could have carried an entire show with that cast so it's probably for the best that the spin-off fell through (and also a relief we didn't get an excruciating episode out of it akin to The Farm)

And you're right, that very last scene was next level cheese (even the lighting felt really off, like High School Musical 2 levels of saturation) but it was cute all the same. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Josh64 said:

@Beast Josh has invited you to #CircleBoysOfN-EuropeChat

Circle message: Good evening darling, how are you doing? Not sure what to think of Tammy's response to meeting Manrika and finding out she went behind her back, she took it well and was the higher person but I really wanted some drama :laughing: Speaking of Manrika, it's kind of a relief to see that she does view her 'circle boyfriend' Felix as a bit of tongue in cheek fun and nothing serious as it would be really mean for her to have fallen for him only to find out it's a catfish basically using her to further themselves.

I was impressed James/Gemma came out as themselves to Andy but that really revealed a bad side to Andy, he seemed so self righteous and up himself when he was all, "well I'm disappointed she didn't tell me everything when I asked her a few days ago honestly...", hope he doesn't fall off that high horse of his. 

And two newbies! Can't say I'm feeling either of them at the minute but it's early days. And when are these producers going to realise we want more Vithan?! angry emoji, angry emoji, thinking emoji, kiss kiss, send.  

CIRCLE, PLEASE ACCEPT @Josh64's GROUP CHAT!

Circle message: Good evening, bab! I'm all good thanks, I hope you're well! I loved Tally's response and I also thought highly of Manrika for just admitting to it there and then. That took a lot of guts to do that so fair play to her. I respect her for that. I thought the same with her and Felix/Natalya as well! "Felix" is starting to annoy me a little bit now as I feel they're coasting through purely on looks and a flirty personality. We've hardly got to know Felix or Dot in the game at all, really. 

I also think highly of Gemma/Hunter now for admitting it to Andy and you're completely right, Andy's sent two real people home so he shouldn't be thinking too highly of himself, honestly. I think it'll definitely be interesting from here on out. I think Hunter realised that shit will hit the fan at the next blocking so he had to do something. Now it's time to see if Andy will help her or shit on her from a great height. I like the woman, I think she seems fun, but the dude is a bit...I don't know yet. He just seems like he will use people to get what he wants but then I could be wrong.

YES! MORE VITHUN AND MORE SYED AND JUSTICE FOR BILLY! Punch emoji, bicep emoji, kiss kiss, send!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/03/2021 at 8:56 PM, Beast said:

CIRCLE, PLEASE ACCEPT @Josh64's GROUP CHAT!

Circle message: Good evening, bab! I'm all good thanks, I hope you're well! I loved Tally's response and I also thought highly of Manrika for just admitting to it there and then. That took a lot of guts to do that so fair play to her. I respect her for that. I thought the same with her and Felix/Natalya as well! "Felix" is starting to annoy me a little bit now as I feel they're coasting through purely on looks and a flirty personality. We've hardly got to know Felix or Dot in the game at all, really. 

I also think highly of Gemma/Hunter now for admitting it to Andy and you're completely right, Andy's sent two real people home so he shouldn't be thinking too highly of himself, honestly. I think it'll definitely be interesting from here on out. I think Hunter realised that shit will hit the fan at the next blocking so he had to do something. Now it's time to see if Andy will help her or shit on her from a great height. I like the woman, I think she seems fun, but the dude is a bit...I don't know yet. He just seems like he will use people to get what he wants but then I could be wrong.

YES! MORE VITHUN AND MORE SYED AND JUSTICE FOR BILLY! Punch emoji, bicep emoji, kiss kiss, send!

ALERT! Hello my little action man! 

You must forgive me as I'm now a DAY behind on the circle, just caught up with last nights episode before I hit the hay. As if Manrika got her way AGAIN and managed to block Gemma, tbf she's wanted her out for ages so I can see why she was eager to do it but Andy really did the dirty! Says he'll have Gemma's back, even gets her to admit her real identity and then bam, shit on her from a great height.

I've gotta say James meeting Manrika was one of the best meetups ever. Talk about frosty! I love how he really gave it to her, you can tell she can't take it like she can dish it out, she seemed to struggle to keep her composure when he was going in on her. 

And FINALLY more Vithun! I thought we'd never see the day. He's seriously such a sweetie that even his fairly innocent and funny stirring of the pot the other day was playing on his mind so much that he not only came clean to Manrika but was crying over it too! Also gotta love that date at the end. See you on the flippety flop. #CircleSisters xoxo send

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Josh64 said:

ALERT! Hello my little action man! 

You must forgive me as I'm now a DAY behind on the circle, just caught up with last nights episode before I hit the hay. As if Manrika got her way AGAIN and managed to block Gemma, tbf she's wanted her out for ages so I can see why she was eager to do it but Andy really did the dirty! Says he'll have Gemma's back, even gets her to admit her real identity and then bam, shit on her from a great height.

I've gotta say James meeting Manrika was one of the best meetups ever. Talk about frosty! I love how he really gave it to her, you can tell she can't take it like she can dish it out, she seemed to struggle to keep her composure when he was going in on her. 

And FINALLY more Vithun! I thought we'd never see the day. He's seriously such a sweetie that even his fairly innocent and funny stirring of the pot the other day was playing on his mind so much that he not only came clean to Manrika but was crying over it too! Also gotta love that date at the end. See you on the flippety flop. #CircleSisters xoxo send

"Circle, take me to private chat with @Josh64 please?"

I've just caught up this morning and what a whirlwind! The Gemma vs. Manrika showdown was awesome. I have to be honest, I really don't like Manrika anymore. I respected the fact she told Gemma face-to-face as opposed to just telling her in the Circle though but it made me laugh when Hunter was talking about honesty and integrity and he was a catfish pretending to be a NHS nurse (despite his reasons). I am absolutely surprised and gutted about last night's Blocking and is the reason why Manrika has been placed last in the ratings with me. However I think Felix is going way too far with this game. It's one thing to be friends with people but I think it's another to try and get romantically involved. Manrika reminds me of a Brummy Regina George! In this scenario, Pippa or Syed would be our Cady! 

I was cringing at that date! haha. I'm looking forward to seeing who the Blocked person will see tomorrow. I don't know if you saw it so I'm not going to spoil it!

 

Have fun #CircleBitchesForLife xoxo, send.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Beast said:

"Circle, take me to private chat with @Josh64 please?"

I've just caught up this morning and what a whirlwind! The Gemma vs. Manrika showdown was awesome. I have to be honest, I really don't like Manrika anymore. I respected the fact she told Gemma face-to-face as opposed to just telling her in the Circle though but it made me laugh when Hunter was talking about honesty and integrity and he was a catfish pretending to be a NHS nurse (despite his reasons). I am absolutely surprised and gutted about last night's Blocking and is the reason why Manrika has been placed last in the ratings with me. However I think Felix is going way too far with this game. It's one thing to be friends with people but I think it's another to try and get romantically involved. Manrika reminds me of a Brummy Regina George! In this scenario, Pippa or Syed would be our Cady! 

I was cringing at that date! haha. I'm looking forward to seeing who the Blocked person will see tomorrow. I don't know if you saw it so I'm not going to spoil it!

 

Have fun #CircleBitchesForLife xoxo, send.

 

Circle, take me to #CircleBitchesChat

Oh man that date was great! I always wonder what it must be like for the people writing the speech to text in those innuendo filled cringe fests.  And haha yeah it was funny to see Hunter having a go but you're right there, he's not exactly one to be preaching about integrity! And omg IKR? Felix is in way too deep now, I can't fathom what their meetup will be like, providing she takes this charade to the end and doesn't 'come out' first ala James. 

I feel for poor Vithun in that statistics game and that he came last in the ratings, just who are these bastards that live in the circle and why are they so mean to our son? I've got about half of last nights episode left to watch but I already know the tragic ending, I had it spoiled on Twitter - Though that's bound to happen when I decided to follow him a few days ago whoops :laughing: Depending on how tired I am I'll catch up with tonights airing too but that may have to wait till tomorrow, either way I'll be back here to discuss it with my #CircleBabe kiss emoji, hands pray emoji, kiss kiss send

EDIT: I always knew there would be some influence from production for this show but geez: James AKA Hunter AKA Gemma broke his NDA and did an Instagram live yesterday dishing all sorts of interesting stuff. Like how production choose who you talk to and when (they didn't let him speak to vithun for the first 11 days) and when asked who he'd like to go see at the end he asked for Dot 3 times but they forced him to go and see Manrika instead. The producers had a chat for hours about whether he was allowed to tell Andy he was a catfish. The show also left him "in a dark place" mentally for a few weeks after he left. 

 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNIst-WiyAZ/?igshid=xagthbn90uhd

Edited by Josh64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like this could do with a thread rip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Good Fight started it's 4th series over here on More4 a few weeks ago. Yes, it showed last year in the US, but still. It's a spin-off to that other show, The Good Wife. (I never actually watched it though)

I really like this show, something about the themes and the characters make it really engaging.

And also, I really dig the title sequence. It just steadily gets more and more over-the-top and that music is just so damn good!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Josh64 said:

 

Circle, take me to #CircleBitchesChat

Oh man that date was great! I always wonder what it must be like for the people writing the speech to text in those innuendo filled cringe fests.  And haha yeah it was funny to see Hunter having a go but you're right there, he's not exactly one to be preaching about integrity! And omg IKR? Felix is in way too deep now, I can't fathom what their meetup will be like, providing she takes this charade to the end and doesn't 'come out' first ala James. 

I feel for poor Vithun in that statistics game and that he came last in the ratings, just who are these bastards that live in the circle and why are they so mean to our son? I've got about half of last nights episode left to watch but I already know the tragic ending, I had it spoiled on Twitter - Though that's bound to happen when I decided to follow him a few days ago whoops :laughing: Depending on how tired I am I'll catch up with tonights airing too but that may have to wait till tomorrow, either way I'll be back here to discuss it with my #CircleBabe kiss emoji, hands pray emoji, kiss kiss send

EDIT: I always knew there would be some influence from production for this show but geez: James AKA Hunter AKA Gemma broke his NDA and did an Instagram live yesterday dishing all sorts of interesting stuff. Like how production choose who you talk to and when (they didn't let him speak to vithun for the first 11 days) and when asked who he'd like to go see at the end he asked for Dot 3 times but they forced him to go and see Manrika instead. The producers had a chat for hours about whether he was allowed to tell Andy he was a catfish. The show also left him "in a dark place" mentally for a few weeks after he left. 

 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNIst-WiyAZ/?igshid=xagthbn90uhd

Circle, message: Oh my Gosh, Snakerika is at it again and now she's targeting Andy, who was supposed to be her "circle sibling"??? Notice how she's given Femi and Pippa the death kiss with "got your back 100%" message? 😂 I think Syed will be in her crosshairs too after the whole strategic comment. Also, I don't like Femi either. He's very angry over the smallest things. How's Snakerika gonna sit there and say Vithun snaked her when she drew a snake for Gemma AND snaked Tally??? I swear these people have short memories! At this point, I don't mind who wins as long as its not Femi or Manrika. 

Also, I need to see that video! I saw the start of it and was absolutely shocked! I wonder if he was treated that way because he was a catfish?... Also, did you know after this series finishes, the US version starts on Netflix?! #CircleAddict! I'll chat soon with you when you have caught up! Grin emoji, clap emoji, kiss kiss, send. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bob said:

I feel like this could do with a thread rip?

Don't know how to do that but I'll start a new thread to save you all, I didn't realise I'd get into a daily post habit about it :laughing:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

Don't know how to do that but I'll start a new thread to save you all, I didn't realise I'd get into a daily post habit about it :laughing:

Same here, honestly. I really highly doubted I'd find someone else who likes it! 😂 It's been quite nice! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Looking forward to the return of the real Chucky.

You have just made my night!! I just finished watching the Chucky collection the other night. I'm so fucking hyped for this! Any release dates??? 😭 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Beast said:

You have just made my night!! I just finished watching the Chucky collection the other night. I'm so fucking hyped for this! Any release dates??? 😭 

All we know at the moment is that the show went into production a few days ago and it's set to air this fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites