NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

WHAT?! Really? I hadn't heard that. Just assumed it would be launch day..

I do not know mate. I am just presuming europe wont have this on launch.

Hopefully I am wrong. Still waiting for 3DS version :(

so are we looking @ 2013 for nano assault in europe?

Pretty sure it's launch here

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/19/wii-u-eshop-lets-indie-devs-set-prices-and-issue-free-patches/

Indie developers will have full control over the price of their game on the eShop, and they won't be charged for patches (these cost the publisher/developer $40,000 on Xbox Live).

Sounds like a massive improvement to the Wii.

Holy vishnu. Microsoft charge that much??? That's ridiculous

Holy vishnu. Microsoft charge that much??? That's ridiculous

Games like Costume Quest and FeZ had to keep game-breaking bugs because of that cost.

Games like Costume Quest and FeZ had to keep game-breaking bugs because of that cost.

That is disgusting. No wonder Microsoft are the ones turning a profit at the moment

I understand charging for certain patches as a form of quality assurance, that's far too fucking steep for independent developers.

Just to clarify, I use 'understanding' very liberally. It's a dick move considering the consumers who have to put up with it aren't the ones seeing a dime. They really should equally distribute microsoft points amongst the consumers affected in that situation.

Chasing Aurora Review

"As a game that aims to let players experience the wonder of flight, Chasing Aurora succeeds brilliantly. Arcing through the air feels sublime thanks to the smooth controls and satisfying physics, and the atmosphere crafted by the sound and art style is positively dreamlike. Wonder aside, Aurora is perhaps not for everyone; while the multiplayer modes have universal appeal, the single-player experience is best enjoyed by players with an affinity for simplicity who will enjoy, rather than tolerate, replaying stages. But anyone with access to a few feathered friends for multiplayer and/or the score-chasing sensibilities needed to get the most out of the game's solo flights will have a wonderful time in the world of Chasing Aurora. A joyous game."

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/chasing_aurora

Sounds great! I love NiGHTS and other similar score attack games, so I'll probably pick this one up.

Though this...

There are only a few disappointments with the single-player mode, the first being that the actual score-keeping isn't very robust at all. The game saves your top local score and longest chain for each level, but that's it; there are no online leaderboards, or even local leaderboards for different users on the same system - both of which seem like missed opportunities

... is a bit of a shame really. Hope that they consider updating the game to keep better track of your scores :hmm:

Yeah. It's on o fmy biggest worries so far - that accomplishments and high scores don't seem to be online and more importantly connected to miiverse. Every game should have a feature where if you get a new score you can publish it to miiverse straight away, one button. Click! I'd prefer to read a post from people saying they've just got a new high score on donkey kongs crash course then I love donkey kong!!

On another note, if I stock up on 3DS eshop cards can I use these on the wii u?!

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition

"So if you’ve never played MSF, this is definitely the way to do so. For people who’ve already bought the game on 3DS, it’s a judgment call. I certainly don’t have buyer’s remorse thanks to the new content, but you will basically have to play through that of the 3DS game again to get to it. But with those pretty new graphics, who’s complaining?"

9/10

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/32563

"So Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition doesn’t go as far as it could have gone in remastering the 3DS original, but the changes that are present here are superb – veterans will love the challenge of the new Hyper levels, and the quality of the high-definition art is so good that it’d be worthwhile to buy the game on looks alone. Here’s hoping this is just a first testing of the waters for WayForward and Wii U, as I’d love to see what else this artistic studio could accomplish on Nintendo’s new HD canvas."

8.5/10

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/20/the-wii-u-eshop-launch-guide-in-progress?page=2

Edited by -Dem0-

I'm really impressed with the design of the eShop, looks like its really easy to navigate but also does a good job of showing the latest games released on it. looks like Nintendo did an great job there.

Has there been any word if there'll be demos for all download only titles like there are on Xbox Live Arcade games?

Don't know about that, but there will be a ZombiU demo out before December 15 on the eShop.

Hopefully they will, there's been a couple of xbla games I've bought that I probably wouldn't have even considered without playing the demo, it's quite a good marketing tool for the less high profile downloads!

Have we had any indication of WiiU eShop prices? I was considering going digital only, but fear they'll price themselves too highly.

Have we had any indication of WiiU eShop prices? I was considering going digital only, but fear they'll price themselves too highly.

RRP unfortunately, for the same reasons as the 3DS. They're held ransom by retailers who state that if they undercut RRP on their own stores, they will no longer stock their products.

RRP unfortunately, for the same reasons as the 3DS. They're held ransom by retailers who state that if they undercut RRP on their own stores, they will no longer stock their products.

Not necessarily true for 3rd parties though. Haven't there been a few who have offered their game at a cheaper price on eShop than at retail?

Either way, £29.99 is a great price for SASRT and it's no cheaper at retail, so I'm getting that one on the eShop at least :)

Not necessarily true for 3rd parties though. Haven't there been a few who have offered their game at a cheaper price on eShop than at retail?

Either way, £29.99 is a great price for SASRT and it's no cheaper at retail, so I'm getting that one on the eShop at least :)

In Japan, yeah...but not sure about elsewhere