NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

In Japan, yeah...but not sure about elsewhere

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is $5 cheaper on the eShop in the US than the retail version ($55 vs $60)

Ok that's not much of a saving, but it's still a saving! (if you add on cashback from that DD programme back though, you're actually netting $10.50 in savings ;) )

But wouldn't such an agreement violate competition law?

It's not that it's a formal agreement, it's just not in Nintendo's interest to piss off the retailers that sell their consoles.

That's the reason why they started that download card programme where retailers could set whatever price they wanted for them (which for some utterly stupid reason hasn't been made available outside Japan :mad: )

It's not that it's a formal agreement, it's just not in Nintendo's interest to piss off the retailers that sell their consoles.

That's the reason why they started that download card programme where retailers could set whatever price they wanted for them (which for some utterly stupid reason hasn't been made available outside Japan :mad: )

Probably due to the retailers here being how they are :/

David, over at WiiUblog posted the file sizes of all the US eShop games, here: http://wiiublog.com/a-complete-list-of-download-sizes-for-wii-u-games-on-the-eshop/

And;

Assassins Creed III – 17 GB

Chasing Aurora – 103 MB

Darksiders II – 9574 MB

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – 7522 MB

EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13 – 7490 MB

ESPN Sports Connection – 1645 MB

Game Party Champions – 1719 MB

Just Dance 4 – 15 GB

Little Inferno – 114 MB

Madden NFL 13 – 4840 MB

Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition – 525 MB

Nano Assault Neo – 81 MB

New Super Marios Bro.s U – 1733 MB

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge – 5443 MB

Nintendoland – 2852 MB

Rabbids Land – 7383 MB

Scribblenaust Unlimited – 1378 MB

Sing Party – 12 GB

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed – 5898 MB

Trine 2: Director’s Cut – 1941 MB

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper – 16 GB

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 – 1913 MB

ZombiU – 5737 MB

Wow, Nano Assualt 81MB! I'm getting it though, as file size is not an indication of game quality.

Bullshit. @Wii assures me file size is directly related to a games quality

That's not what I said, I said it can be indicative of the level of effort that went into a game as well as other factors, it depends on the game. Are all the games from N64 and prior crap? They all have small file sizes, right? I don't think so.

But hey, well done to you for stirring the pot after everything that was said earlier. :rolleyes:

That's not what I said, I said it can be indicative of the level of effort that went into a game as well as other factors, it depends on the game. Are all the games from N64 and prior crap? They all have small file sizes, right? I don't think so.

But hey, well done to you for stirring the pot after everything that was said earlier. :rolleyes:

Oh come on man, take a joke. The Wii U is coming out in a few days, let's all lighten up, get hard/wet, and get ready to play!

are the Wii U servers still really slow.

heard some shocking waiting times for games to download.

eShop Demo's

N-Europe ‏@N_Europe

Nintendo UK has confirmed eShop will have Trine 2, Puddle, Nano Assault, Little Inferno, Chasing Aurora and Fifa 13 demo.

No, I think it's saying all those games are on the service, and the fifa demo. Not that they're all demos

No, I think it's saying all those games are on the service, and the fifa demo. Not that they're all demos
Ah yeah you're probably right.

Can someone give me some indication of eShop pricesfor retail games? Are they RRP?

They will be RRP.

Bearing in mind that RRP are hilariously high in the UK.

Interesting to see whether publishers will exercise the ability to have their own sales when they realise the market for £59.99 007 Legends is perhaps not as large as they'd have liked.

They will be RRP.

Bearing in mind that RRP are hilariously high in the UK.

Interesting to see whether publishers will exercise the ability to have their own sales when they realise the market for £59.99 007 Legends is perhaps not as large as they'd have liked.

Yeah true. The eShop is especially useless for retail games here in the UK since absolutely nobody charges the full RRP on games here (not even B&M stores, let alone online shops, which are cheaper still!)

All I can see on the demos screen is FIFA 13. And I'm not sure that's a demo - just gives me the option to buy the game.

Where's Rayman Legends, damnit??

Yeah true. The eShop is especially useless for retail games here in the UK since absolutely nobody charges the full RRP on games here (not even B&M stores, let alone online shops, which are cheaper still!)

Au Contraire. I believe you're forgetting about a store called GAME

Has anyone grabbed Trine 2 yet? I'm um-ing and err-ing over it and I'd like to hear some impressions before I take the plunge.