NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Pier Solar and the Great Architects could see a WiiU release.

"Back in 2010, indie developer WaterMelon created an all-new RPG for the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis to US readers) called Pier Solar and the Great Architects. An incredible achievement in itself, the game soon found a cult audience thanks to its gorgeous 2D visuals and gripping story line, leading some sites to compare it to Phantasy Star II and Secret of Mana."

Full link with Beautiful Screenshots!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/mega_drive_rpg_classic_pier_solar_could_be_headed_to_wii_u

Kickstarter Trailer

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573261866/pier-solar-hd-an-rpg-for-xbox360-pc-mac-linux-and

Switch Force HD trailer:

And some nice screenies :)

Lk2r4.jpg

ozRkZ.jpg

JXJ5z.jpg

dfB79.jpg

I'll be supporting this game on release. Would be amazing to see some original projects done in this style!

Looks gorgeous!

Didn't play the original, but might look into this when I get a Wii U.

What's the new content (how much does it lengthen the game)?

The game is amazing, probably my favourite on the 3DS, but it is very short. I don't think any new content has been announced (though they have tweaked the levels a little). Hopefully there will be new levels as I need an excuse to rebuy it.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/wii_u_version_of_mighty_switch_force_much_harder_than_the_original

According to WayForward, the game’s developers, the Wii U version of the game will be more than just a simple port and will offer gamers a much greater challenge
The new version has the same 21 levels the 3DS version had, only this time each one will have an alternative ‘Hyper’ mode which will be much more challenging for the player to traverse.
"We really like Nintendo — there's just something about our vibe and the games we make that just gels with the Nintendo fanbase and the community".
On top of all this, Ivansmith even teased us all by declaring that the studio will soon be announcing some "exciting" new projects that might take a few people by surprise in their direction.

That's about all we know so far. Would be cool if there was unlockable concept art etc. Personally, I found the original to be just right in terms of challenge; not sure i could hack the Hyper mode!

That's worrying in terms of extra content. Slightly lazy too... I loved the difficulty, I loved getting par on each level. Whether an even more difficult challenge would be good I don't know but at least it would be something.

WayForward is my favourite developer, as they seem to get everything just right in tone and style. I'll be buying this, although I can't say I thought it needed extra difficulty! :heh:

After having read a lot of great things about MSF, I think it is likely I will buy MSF:HDE!

I am excited for eShop, although I would love if Nintendo released compilations of eShop games on disc a few times a year! I have bought several compilations for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and prefer them to downloadable releases.

Nintendo: Please, hear my call! I would love if you released compilations of eShop games on disc regularly! Be my hero!

The WiiU eShop will be my chance to catch up some VC titles that I've missed over the years. But yeah, I also think that MSF looks absolutely fantastic! it's such a treat to look at, what I'm even more impressed with is the strong line-up of eShop titles in the launch window, terrific stuff! and it shows how Nintendo are trying to improve in this sector and how serious they are.

I think NA already has five eShop titles already confirmed for launch, I think I read that in a tweet earlier in the day. Can't remember now.

WiiU looks like it might have an excellent launch, quality games available at launch for both retail outlets & the eShop.

EDIT: @Lens of Truth, yup, I've heard :)

Btw, did you hear Wayforward say they'd like to work on Metroid? They've asked fans to do a petition apparently!

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/16/wayforward-would-love-to-make-a-metroid-game/

Oh, I want Metroid V (2D) so much... Whether I'd prefer it by Nintendo or WayForward I'm not sure. Fusion and Zero Mission are awesome, so there's no reason for R&D1 not to develop the next one. On the other hand, yeah, I'd love to see what WayForward could do with it. Either way, I'd be massively keen to buy a new 2D Metroid, so I just hope there is one!

Alternative suggestion... how about making Mighty Switch Force 2 a Metroid clone? Different lasers, missiles, loads of bosses... It needn't actually be called "Mighty Switch Force 2" (in fact, I'd rather not have the puzzles/switches), but it could still be a Metroid-type game with the same character.

No thanks, I want a metroid game that is fun not boring.

I take it you're not a fan of Shantae and Aliens Infestation.

For what it's worth, I'm neutral on the prospect. An in-house developed one would be more exciting. I still need to play Zero Mission - wish they'd eshop it!

I take it you're not a fan of Shantae and Aliens Infestation.

I can see why people can like them, but I just can't get into those games most of them are, so...meh.

Great news! Though I'm sure that they'll still set a minimum price point for non F2P games (probably $1.99 like on 3DS)

Here's hoping that all these things also apply to the 3DS as well and that publishers can do sales whenever they want from now on.

Here's the first batch of WiiU NA eShop downloadables!

Wii U Download Software

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte, $19.99) — This popular and visually stunning title makes its way to Wii U with some content exclusive to the platform, and will also allow three player co-op either in online or local play. It's an epic quest in which a Wizard, Thief and portly Knight battle all-manner of demons and evil creatures. We're getting geared up for the adventure to bring you a review, and in the meantime you can read our Trine 2: Director's Cut first impressions, and get to know the developers in our interview with Frozenbyte.

Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia, $9.99) — It's a all-new HD, fully fledged entry in the Nano Assault series, which started off so strongly on 3DS. It has bright, gorgeous visuals with dual stick movement and aiming, with your objective being to race around human cells blasting everything in sight. We're ready to dive in and review, while you can see what we thought in our Nano Assault Neo first impressions and learn more in our interview with Shin'en Multimedia, in which they discuss this Wii U project.

Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation, $14.99) — This title is from a team including those that brought us World of Goo — with which it shares its art style — and Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure, and is possibly the most abstract and intriguing of the launch titles on offer. Check out our Little Inferno preview for a glimpse of what it's all about, and we'll bring you a review soon.

Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules, $14.99) — With a gorgeous art style, this is a flying game with a 2D zoomed-out perspective, which has a strong emphasis on multiplayer through a variety of modes. Our team are swooping in for a review, but you can check out our interview with Broken Rules for more insight into how this game came to be on Wii U.

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward Technologies, $9.99) — This one has perhaps had the least hype, but will be high on the list of a number of 3DS download enthusiasts. This reproduces the levels from the 3DS eShop release in glorious HD, but will also include a "Hyper" version of each to test more skilful gamers. We'll be switching into gear to bring you a review, soon.

Wii U Retail Downloads

There are 17 retail titles available to download from the Wii U eShop right off the bat, so you'll need to excuse us if we don't provide a description for each one. There's plenty of choice...

New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo, $59.99)

Nintendo Land (Nintendo, $59.99)

Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft, $59.99)

ZombiU (Ubisoft, $59.99)

Scribblenauts Unlimited (Warner Bros, $59.99)

Darksiders II (THQ, $59.99)

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Disney Interactive Studios, $59.99)

Madden NFL 13 (EA, $59.99)

FIFA 13 (EA, $59.99)

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Nintendo, $59.99)

Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft, $49.99)

Rabbids Land (Ubisoft, $49.99)

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (SEGA, $39.99)

SiNG Party (Nintendo, $49.99)

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (Tecmo Koie, $59.99)

Game Party Champions (Warner Bros, $49.99)

ESPN Sports Connection (Ubisoft, $49.99)

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 (Ubisoft, $49.99)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/nintendo_download_18th_november_2012_north_america

Great news! Though I'm sure that they'll still set a minimum price point for non F2P games (probably $1.99 like on 3DS)

Here's hoping that all these things also apply to the 3DS as well and that publishers can do sales whenever they want from now on.

I did not know of the minimum price. Interesting fact!

Here's the first batch of WiiU NA eShop downloadables!

Wii U Download Software

Wii U Retail Downloads

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/nintendo_download_18th_november_2012_north_america

This is an impressive list. Five download-only games on launch is good. And to have 17 disc games as downloads on launch is nothing less than remarkable!

It is interesting to see that Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed actually have a low MSRP/RRP, and not just Amazon in UK having a crazy sale on it.

God, I want all those eshop games to varying degrees. More curious about Little Inferno at the mo. Trine I have an slightly uneasy feeling about, like it might be all looks. Nano Assault and Chasing Aurora are day one!