NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Hulk is!

Also you could argue Hawkeye is.

What? Hulk is a failed version of a super soldier and Hawkeye is just talented with a bow :wtf:

Is Hulk a mutant?

... not in the same sense that he was born with or developed powers naturally like the standard Marvel explanation. Hulks more of a Captain America gone wrong.

Thought Hawkeye just got skills.

I still think it's a bit jarring, they could have set it up better IMO, that scene on the plane where they talked about their list was so blasé. Maybe in episode 1, not have the opening 'bad-guy' be a result of tech.

Hulk already had something inside him, which is why the atomic bomb didn't kill him....that was the movie right? Am I getting confused with continuities?

Hulk already had something inside him, which is why the atomic bomb didn't kill him....that was the movie right? Am I getting confused with continuities?

Yeah thats Hulk not Incredible Hulk. Hulk from the Avengers was the failed attempt at recreating the super soldier serum.

EDIT: Although there was no bomb in Hulk either, his genetics were just messed with then he took a big dose of gamma radiation in that.

Edited by Happenstance

Break next week is booo....but I wouldn't have been able to watch it anyway because of Extra Life.

I did not know of this break.... NNNOOOOO

I love reading Mokong's post in this thread because he tries to work out what's going to happen and basically just ends up writing fanfiction - normally stuff that is better than whatever Joss Whedon comes up with.

I love reading Mokong's post in this thread because he tries to work out what's going to happen and basically just ends up writing fanfiction - normally stuff that is better than whatever Joss Whedon comes up with.

haha, cheers dude :D

You talking bout when I go off on tangents bout Coulson....just remember I posted it first :heh:

Yeah, just basically when you start trying to work out back stories and plotlines while trying to guess which characters will pop up where. I don't know why, i just find it funny.

If half your ideas ended up in the series, it would make it a lot more interesting, if a bit less coherent...

The episode will be about the cleanup of events that happen in Thor: The Dark World.

The episode will be about the cleanup of events that happen in Thor: The Dark World.

Lol, I only just thought....

I was just coming here to post that I had an idea that the one week break last week might have been related to the release of Thor: TDW, just thought a one week break seemed odd and was thinking maybe the next episode would take place during or after the events in Thor2

I was just a few eps off.... damnit should have posted sooner so I could have bragged :heh:

Anyway so awesome to see they are doing episodes that tie in with films that are released during the show :D

Wonder will there be a Cap2 tie in down the line? (or will season 1 be over by the time that hits cinemas?)

There was a break in the US though right?

... and Thor isn't out there yet.

I presume Thor himself will have dealt with the end of credits beast and it won't be that ;p

Probably just going around the sites where the action took place.

I think this show is slowly getting better but personally I would prefer it if we didnt get so many Avengers or New York references. It seems like every episode its being brought up and I would prefer the show to stand on its own two feet rather than ride the Avengers coat tails.

Last two episodes were decent especially last nights. It's still got a ways to go before I consider it must watch.

One big improvement in this week's episode

They were Fitz and Simmons, not Fitzsimmons.

Really enjoyed the new ep

I don't mind that they keep bringing up the New York incident, it was afterall the biggest event in Earth history (imagine if an Alien invasion happened for reals and we somehow surived/beat them back.... do you think people would stop talking/caring about it a few weeks later) so there is bound to be fallouts caused by it every now and then.

Had I not read Cube's post about ep 8 above I would have thought the scene at the start was Thor related haha.

Also when Coulson was taking to the firefighter about his death experience and was asked what it was like I was so sure he was gonna say "magical" haha, alas he did not.

I think this show is slowly getting better but personally I would prefer it if we didnt get so many Avengers or New York references. It seems like every episode its being brought up and I would prefer the show to stand on its own two feet rather than ride the Avengers coat tails.

I agree, though the universe is so interconnected it does make logical sense for these to be so many references as it was a huge thing and impacted that universe so much.

Just watched the new episode

Enjoyed it.

Liked seeing the combo of Ward and Fitz in the field like a bit of an odd couple working together.

Having Agent Sitwell make an appearance was cool too...which actually reminds me....wonder if we'll ever see the guy and girl from the "Item 47" One-Shot that Sitwell was also in make an appearance in the show?

Skye hacking into SHIELD servers to find out about the mission I just kept thinking "you stupid girl, this is what got you in trouble in the first place!" When she found the file on her parents she was looking for I actually thought she was gonna forget about the file on the mission and be selfish, was nice to see her put her personal feelings aside for the benifit of the team.

And of course yes I picked up on Coulson calling Tahiti a "magical place" again :D And then I think he had a moment himself when he said it and realised something might be up with that. Then the last scene when he tried to get access to the file and told he didn't have clearance. Was waiting for teh guy on the phone to say it requires Level 9 Clearance :heh:

Can't wait to find out what Fury really did to him :D

So ep8 next week and we know it'll tie in with Thor2 taking place after with Coulsons team cleaning up.

I'd say it'll prolly have something to do with that Ice Giant Dog thing, no way that thing will stay hidden till Thor3/Avengers2 or whatever so they must be dealing with that in the show.

Hoping we'll get a cameo from one of the Thor cast too. Thor himself would be awesome, but mabe wishful thinking, maybe one of Sif or the Warriors Three will appear? Either way Thor would surely find out Coulson is alive.... wonder how he'd react?

More so I'd like to see a future ep with a RDJ cameo where Tony Stark finds out Coulson is alive....or would they save that for Avengers 2?...oh the possiblities.

Actually more so than Tony and Thor and even Cap.... surely they must have an episode planned that involves Banner seeing as there's no Hulk film lined up for Phase 2 or Phase 3 (for the moment)

Isn't it more likely Thor dealt with the ice beast when he came back to visit Jane at the end?

SHIELD don't really seem equipped to take down a giant monster from another realm, and I'd imagine that would be a lot of their CGI budget ;p ... but who knows. Maybe Thor will have left it there unconscious or something, and SHIELD just turn up to put it in a crate and fly it off someplace... again.

I'd have thought the only likely cameo's we'd get from Thor would be Erik, or just that English intern dude ;p

Actually maybe Darcy is possible with him, and the two meet up with SHIELD at one of the sites, either the derelict place, or where the final battle took place, to go over things/reassure the public.

They have said Banner/Hulk will get a lot of screen time in Avengers 2.

Thought it was a great episode. Fitz and Ward were brilliant.

Also, based on all the hints, it's clear that they know that a Life Model Decoy is one of the most speculated theories for Coulson, and they're teasing us so much over it. I don't think he is one. They're just toying with us.

I thought the end of the episode was a bit strange, for a couple of reasons. First, the plan all along was to Coulson and his team to extract Fitz and Ward, so why not just order them? And at the end, there's no fake file, there's no "that file doesn't exist", there's no "That's level 9". It's simply "YOU aren't allowed to access it".

I think that they want him to not trust SHIELD. It's like they want him and his team to break off and do their own thing. And on top of that, they've given him the means to do so with The Bus. We've seen multiple SHIELD agents question why Coulson has been given it, so it's certainly not a normal thing for SHIELD to do.

I think this will also tie in to what happened to Coulson, and I think it was pretty much nothing except for something odd placed in him for someone to detect (which is what Akela saw with her eye - if it was something massive, she probably would have said something) and some slight mind conditioning so he says the "Tahiti is a magical place" - both done so he would start questioning things.

As for why, perhaps Fury knows that something odd is going on within SHIELD itself, and he wants a team who is on the "outside" who can sort things out if something goes wrong - this SHIELD stuff will be why they seem to have turned evil in the Captain America trailers, and Coulson is Fury's way of reversing/stopping it.

For me the show feels "just above average" still and if it wasn't linked to Marvel then I probably would have dropped it by now.

"Did I fall asleep?"

"For a little while"

Another great episode. Added some needed depth to Ward, and the twist with the Professor was great. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't do much in London, but I suppose they can't focus on the film too much as it's still pretty new.

Yeah I too was a little disappointed it wasn't more "tied-in" with Thor, I thought it was gonna be all about the aftermath of London, hoped we'd at least get a cameo from Darcy.

Thought surely it would deal with that Ice Giant Dog thing left in London.... I mean how can that thing possibly remain hidden :heh:

Though what we did get was still very awesome, learning more of Wards past was great, though I do wonder what May saw when she held the staff? Also will they continue to have their enhanced strength now? The Professor/Asgardian (forgot his name but very nice twist, didn't see it coming) seemed to suggest the effects will last a long time.

Also WOOT for Coulsons team visiting Ireland :D

EDIT

Oh and very interesting on Coulsons dream of Tahiti at the end

Edited by Mokong

@Mokong X\-C

Out of interest, have you seen Dollhouse? The reference to that is what put the "clone with imprinted memories" idea in my head.

@Mokong X\-C

Out of interest, have you seen Dollhouse? The reference to that is what put the "clone with imprinted memories" idea in my head.

Nope never did watch that show I'm afriad.... you reccomend then I assume? (Since we both seem to like the same shows I figure if you like it then I must :D)

Anyway I mentioned this to Cube on facebook but thought best put it here too

Still not discounting my revived by the magic of Dr. Strange idea (which allows them introduce both Strange and "real" magic into the Marvel TV/Film Universe

(To further that though for a second, notice whenever something "fantastical" is refered to as "magic" someone else (usually Fitz or Simmons) quickly points out it's just super high tech science (like how Asgardian tech seems magicial but is just a tech we don't yet understand).... they keep reenforcing that notion like they are building to break down that wall to introduce "real" magic at some point)

A new idea I had after watching Ep 8, and this is even more far out than the previous :D

@Dr\. bob you're gonna love this one.

What if Coulson is really an Asgardian! What if with the Professor guy who turned out to be an Asgardian was there to hint at that? The Professor in Ep 8 got stabbed through the chest in similar area and with similar object as Coulson did yet survived.... because he was an Asgardian... could Coulson also be one? Perhaps somehow had lost his memories and recruited by Shield who know what he is but recruited him as part of some larger plan?

Told ye it was far out :heh:

Of course the clone idea remains the most plausable, if true they went through a lot of work to cover their tracks by giving him that scar.

Also anyone else wondering if tourism in Tahiti will see an increase suddenly due to this show. Someone has to go visit there and make a video walking around saying nothing but "It's a Magical Place"

Actually the Tahiti Tourism Board should hire Clark Gregg to do adds for them :D