NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Gods frakking damnit, what is it with the USA and taking random one week breaks?

At least Arrow is back tomorrow

Random one week break, then one episode then NO MORE UNTIL FRIGGING JANUARY‽

This is easily my favourite recent TV show. Well, maybe Game of Thrones is close.

MY GODS WTF... DAT CLIFFHANGER!!!!

Grrrrr.... can;t they give us the next ep NOW

Well at least the mid-season won't be as long as Walking Deads, January 7th is only 4 weeks away

Just remembered this returned yesterday in teh US.... woot, can't wait to watch the new ep later, the ep title is "The Magical Place" or something like thatmaybe we'll finaly find out what happened to Coulson!

So is this good now? I stopped after the Thor episode, I just couldn't enjoy it unfortunately. Have they gone anywhere with unifying one big threat? And are we still being made aware that Tahiti is a magical place every episode?

Is Skye still hot?

So is this good now?

IMO, Yes :D

I stopped after the Thor episode, I just couldn't enjoy it unfortunately.

Shame...well the Thor tie-in was only 3 eps ago, (Xmas break) so you haven't missed much if you want to pick it back up

Have they gone anywhere with unifying one big threat?

Yes

And are we still being made aware that Tahiti is a magical place every episode?

Pretty much but the new ep (ep11) was titled "The Magical Place" I don't think we'll be hearing that phrase again or at least not in the same context in future eps.

Is Skye still hot?

OF COURSE

Anyway just finished watching ep 11... ah I missed this show :D

Overall good ep, nice return.

Was interesting seeing Agent Hand question why Fury was so concerned about finding Coulson, I think there's a lot more to his revival than was revealed here (fingers crossed)

I saw right away what May was thinking when she said Skye was no use on the plane.... though I was thinking she would keep talking and say something like, requesting Skyes braclett be removed and she be given access to some top notch computer equipment. But her little independent mission was pretty decent anyway.

And then Coulson, loved the little story with Poe and Raina, again obvious Poe was gonna die when the Clairvoyant spoke to Raina but still played well I thought.

I also liked how Raina convinced Coulson to work with her to try find out how he was revived.

And then the breaking of the dream....

When I saw the doctor (can't remember his name) appear I was like "WOOT here comes the Dr. Strange reveal PLEASE :D

Saddly was not to be :(

Then that robot thing rebuilding Coulsons brain that was surprising.

Though that said, we've only just learned how Coulsons memory was altered (by the robot) but we didn't actually learn how exactly he was revived did we?

So my Dr. Strange idea might still come true...though prolly even more unlikely now, though even if it turns out Dr Strange and magic was not envolved in reviving Coulson I still think it might be possible that doctor character could become Strange....after all Dr Strange was a "former neurosurgeon" and this doctor was called in to operate on Coulson when they were messing with his brain!!!!!

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN BELEAF ME! :heh:

So yeah we still need to find out how he was revived and I think its a bit more interesting now that we know Coulson was dead for a much longer time frame than we've been fed so far, days rather than less than a minue.

So how did they do it? That has to be some amazing tech to revive a man dead for a number of days?

@Cube's clone idea might still hold true, we did seem get some glimpses of some equipment that might suggest a clone was grown - that green vat thing seemed to be like something that was used to preserve living tissue or something. Although Whedon has said that Coulson isn;t a "Life Model Decoy"

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-SHIELD-Thor-Crossover-Whedon-Tancharoen-1073558.aspx

The producers recognize that most fans have guessed that Coulson is actually a Life Model Decoy, but they're trying to exceed those expectations. "We know that there's going to be a lot of theories and there's no chance that whatever we reveal won't, at some point, be written on the internet," Whedon says. "We're just trying to come up with ways to make it surprising or make it not how they expected it to unravel. We know what it is, but we know that no one else does yet."

But since that doctor character was only brought in on the 7th operation and likely doesn't actually know how he was "revived" so maybe someone else will be revealed as Dr Strange :heh: (clutching at straws)

Oh and also that "after credits" with Mike Peterson.... damn that could be interesting in future eps. Good to see he is still alive too, I liked him when he came back before the break and surprised they "killed him off".

So this "Clairvoyant" seems to be the main "bad guy" behind it all.... anyone have any ideas who this might be? Any Marvel villians that might fit this?

Oh and also, looks like we will get another Film Crossover ep after Captain America 2 is out :D

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-SHIELD-Thor-Crossover-Whedon-Tancharoen-1073558.aspx

I really hope Cap and Coulson cross paths again :D

Then that robot thing rebuilding Coulsons brain that was surprising.

Though that said, we've only just learned how Coulsons memory was altered (by the robot) but we didn't actually learn how exactly he was revived did we?

That device wasn't programming the false memory. It was repairing the brain. However, due to how they had to monitor his activity, he had to be conscious. The trauma from having the operation while being able to feel it broke him ("Let me die"), which is why they had to overwrite his memories of the process, so he could regain to his will to live.

Still, I think there may be more that they've done. When he said "I trust the system" in this episode it dawned on me that it could be another programmed response.

So this "Clairvoyant" seems to be the main "bad guy" behind it all.... anyone have any ideas who this might be? Any Marvel villians that might fit this?

I don't think it's a guy, or even human. I think it could be an extremely enhanced AI. One which has managed to hack into virtually all the world's systems, and is very good at predicting things.

Essentially, instead of actually knowing the future, it works out the most likely future out of everything it knows. As Coulson's life changed drastically (for example, no more credit card transactions at the same place that the cellist's phone is located - which regular occurrences one one of the ways the computer worked out they were seeing each other), and all the information is in top secret SHIELD servers that it can't access, then Coulson is now a complete mystery to him. Which is a big concern for the computer, yet how he was brought back to life is even more important.

Heads-up for those watching on Channel 4: The series will continue in March.

It's already started in the US.

Yeah, three days was just about okay. Two months is not, and as such, I am now downloading it from now on.

Erm. That episode was awesome I thought.

I'd go as far as to say the

Brain stuff, and the "please let me die"

Was very, very powerful viewing, and quite unique. And good CGI. All good.

I mean....it's not too often you see that kind of plead in any media, let alone this type of show. Quite haunting.

That device wasn't programming the false memory. It was repairing the brain. However, due to how they had to monitor his activity, he had to be conscious. The trauma from having the operation while being able to feel it broke him ("Let me die"), which is why they had to overwrite his memories of the process, so he could regain to his will to live.

Still, I think there may be more that they've done. When he said "I trust the system" in this episode it dawned on me that it could be another programmed response.

A right guess I was more jumping to conclusions so haha, rewatched it and understood better :)

I don't think it's a guy, or even human. I think it could be an extremely enhanced AI. One which has managed to hack into virtually all the world's systems, and is very good at predicting things.

Oh I LIKE THAT idea. I like it very much.

Haha, funny the differences in theories we come up. I look at things in a way like "how can they do this and keep within the mythology or introduce more characters from the comics". But your ideas seem to be more "grounded" (ie: not trying to find ways for them to introduce comics characters) but still pretty far out.

This idea you have though is pretty awesome...

Just had a thought, to tie-in with the films and Avengers 2, at the end of teh season they find this AI, they will of course examine it. Somehow Tony Stark gets involved and it's teh combination of this AI and his suit tech that gives birth to Ultron

Yes I WENT THERE :D

Essentially, instead of actually knowing the future, it works out the most likely future out of everything it knows. As Coulson's life changed drastically (for example, no more credit card transactions at the same place that the cellist's phone is located - which regular occurrences one one of the ways the computer worked out they were seeing each other), and all the information is in top secret SHIELD servers that it can't access, then Coulson is now a complete mystery to him. Which is a big concern for the computer, yet how he was brought back to life is even more important.

I think the reason for that is because I've never read a Marvel comic.

Wow, another top notch ep. Wasn;t expecting more revelations so soon...

So Skye is herself an 084? WTF does that mean?

Is she "gifted" (ie: a mutant) or maybe she is an alien?.... maybe she'll tie in with Gaurdians of the Galaxy (YES I WENT THERE!!!!!)

I'm wondering though if Coulson told her the 084 part? Seemed like maybe he might have left that part out.... though maybe he did tell her, but I would have expected a "So what am I" type moment :heh:

Seeing that Quinn guy come back was cool and interesting to see he is actually involved with the Clairvoyant. Bet The Clairvoyant was also involved with what happened to Skye when she was a baby.

And then Donnie...first back to the opening scene in the pool.... I could see a freezing of the pool coming and a part of me was going "ICEMAN" though I knew it wouldn't be that. :heh:

Still was hoping it would be someone with a power rather than tech.... but then fast forward to the end and it seems like Donnie now has Ice powers.

Had to jump to wikipedia to check it out as I didn't recognise the name Donnie Gill, thought maybe he might be an original badguy like "Scorch" but turns out he is indeed a real Marvel villian called "Blizzard". Can't say I'm familiar at all.

So in the Sandbox we now have both Gravitron and thsi "Blizzard" being held.... interesting indeed. Wonder if by th eend we'll have a fair few villians in the Sandbox and then maybe during the course of one of the films... Avengers 2 maybe, the sandbox gets destroyed and all the villians let loose :D.... or maybe that'll just be the season finale, but would be awesome if they tied it into a film :D

uhhhh this is torture waiting for Chanel 4! i might have to download this now, but i want it to get ratings

Only about 0.01% of viewers in the UK contribute to the viewing statistics. You could always download it and watch it later on C4 :p

Edited by Shorty

Oh for fraks sake, the next episode isn't till Feb 4th!!!

WTF is the point of returning for 2 weeks then taking a 2 week break?? Gods I frakking hate the way US TV enjoys mucking about with air dates!

Anyway, found this out when I watched a trailer for the next ep..... I'll put it in a spoiler tag cause there is a cameo spoiler in th evid thumbnail so seriously don't open the spoiler if you don't want to know :D

[Lady] Sif is gonna be in episode 15! :)

I still need to catch up on last weeks return and this weeks episode.

[..]

Best series EVER (haven´t watched it yet).

I adore Sif/Jamie Alexander. Crazy hot.

That scene in Thor where Odin mentions something along the lines of that there are other women deserving his attention.. I was like "yeah Thor, you fucking idiot".

SERIOUS!!!!

WOOOT, had hoped they'd have a Thor character appear in that "tie-in" ep but hell I'll take it now for damn sure :D

ggrrr... now that extra two week break is even worse, if they didn't have this new break that Sif ep would be just 2 weeks away now it's 4 weeks away :mad:

Maybe should have put that in spoiler tags though. Im sure it probably would have been ruined for me elsewhere but it would have been nice to get surprised.

Caught up on this years Episodes 11 and 12 the last two nights.

Probably the best two episodes in the series! both shocking (that Coulson scene!) and eventful (woah Skye stuff!), really enjoyed them both!

I'm guessing that's the ice guy is breaking out on his way to the Sandbox

When are the next episodes airing?

gonna become Deathlok.

A character from the bad side of the Marvel universe? (as opposed to just a bad guy sounding name?)

Does he ever turn good in the comics? As I can't see Mike wanting to be a bad guy, it's just he's under control now.