NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The font they used for 'Coming Soon' and the URL is awful.

That's the important part, right?

The pilot was picked up. Looking forward to seeing how this show turns out.

Is there any sort of estimated air date for it yet? Excited!

Is there any sort of estimated air date for it yet? Excited!

September 2013.

The font they used for 'Coming Soon' and the URL is awful.

That's the important part, right?

Now if it sucks, you can totally say that you called it!

So are they gonna tell us before it airs how Coulson is back? Is this before Avengers? A different Universe? Did Dr. Strange do some magic on him?

It's prolly a different Universe and not connected to the films which will be sad as I was hoping for some cross-over with Avengers 2 and some Phase 3 films. Could have used the TV show to introduce smaller lesser known heroes and villians.

EDIT

Just spotted on the vide at 6seconds when it gives a birds eye view of New York you can see the Stark Tower on the right with the "A" left on it (had to use full screen and HD setting to see it), so that would indicate this is taking place after the Avengers film.

Didn't they already confirm...

Nick faked his death to motivate The Avengers?

Didn't they already confirm...

Nick faked his death to motivate The Avengers?

I know that was a theory but did they actually confirm that.... if that was true then...

....why didn't they show him alive at the end of Avengers?

Guess they could say they weren't sure which way they were gonna go with it :heh:

I know that was a theory but did they actually confirm that.... if that was true then...

....why didn't they show him alive at the end of Avengers?

Guess they could say they weren't sure which way they were gonna go with it :heh:

I think

That at the time he was being killed off so they wouldnt have shown him alive. The idea for SHIELD probably came later so thats why they made the changes to the blu rays so you dont see the spear go all the way through.

I think
That at the time he was being killed off so they wouldnt have shown him alive. The idea for SHIELD probably came later so thats why they made the changes to the blu rays so you dont see the spear go all the way through.

The thing with the spear not going all the way through was actually a mess up on the Blu Ray/DVD.

That "no spear all the way through" was intended for the German release of the Bluray/DVD only where they have much stricter rating systems. They removed the spear things from the German cut to get the age rating they wanted.

The spear was fully shown in the US Bluray/DVD and I assume in other regions too.

The BBFC in the UK and IFCO in Ireland had rated the "normal" version of the film with the full spear through chest in sight.

But somehow when it came to printing the discs Marvel/Disney printed the German cut of the film (sans full spear) on Discs intened for the UK and Irish markets (not sure about other European markets)by mistake.

I cant find it at the moment but there was a quote from Whedon about it the other week I think where he mentioned the spear and how it factored into all of this.

It's really not that complicated @Mokong X\-C :p

Originally he was killed off, then they came up with SHIELD, now he wasn't killed off. I'm sure we'll get a very quick explanation... maybe as SHIELD Agents are recruited one will say... 'I thought you were dead?'... and he can reply with a fact or a joke. Or maybe it'll be in an opening voice over monologue from Coulson.

This is also set after Avengers 2 and in the same universe, just not with direct ties to it.

But I wouldn't be surprised if one or two characters were introduced into the films through it...

The finale of Season 1 maybe could be a story arc built around Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch for example... meaning they could just turn up as members of the Avengers in Avengers 2 without the need for a backstory and just be on the team. That sort of thing would be great! And would keep the movies very focused.

Edited by Retro_Link

I think the most important thing we are going to see is

Coulson confronting Fury about getting blood all over the trading cards he was so proud of

Mokong, this is set in the same universe.

How Coulson is alive is revealed in Episode 1/The Pilot.

Clearance Level 7.... I'll except that.... :)

Wonder if that means they didn't tell Stark and co.

Guess also that line by Hill in Avengers "those cards weren't in his jacket they were in his locker"

I assumed that meant Fury broken into the locker.... but I guess it could also (and now looks like) it meant Coulson gave Fury the locker key and Hill was on to him.

It did mean that Fury broke into the locker. All this was decided after the movie was out.

Yes but the line can be easily twisted to suit this need.... was prolly a very cryptic thing they planted in the film to allow things to go either way. They prolly already had ideas for the TV show before the film but were waiting to see how the film did first.

Looks VERY good... higher production values than I was expecting if I'm honest... the helicopter scene, city car chases etc... which is fantastic! :D

Looking forward to this so much now!

I wonder if this will have any effect on Season 2 of Arrow. I'm sure I will love both, I hope Arrow doesn't try to take any cues from SHIELD and just keeps doing what it's doing.

Yes but the line can be easily twisted to suit this need.... was prolly a very cryptic thing they planted in the film to allow things to go either way. They prolly already had ideas for the TV show before the film but were waiting to see how the film did first.

Wouldn't be comic books without convuluted retcons all the time!

I just watched the trailer, I wasn't interested before and I'm not interested now. This is going to get two seasons at best. I'd love to be proven wrong, but it just looks like mid-90's rubbish with fancy camera angles.