N-Europe

Houses of Parliament Mafia - SIGN UPS!

Mr-Paul

Can somebody explain that First Past the Post thing a little more? I thought Mafia was done under a 'most votes' basis anyways. ::shrug:

Mafia is usually done under a MAJORITY vote system, a majority factor of the whole. I.E 20 players need 11 to agree to make a decision. Most votes just means person with the most votes at the end of the day, could be less than 11.

Votes:

Person A(5)

Person B(4)

Person C(3)

20 players. Majority is 11.

Under the majority system, 12 people have voted above. However because no person has 11(majority) votes on them, nobody gets elected/lynched/whatever'd. In the most votes however, Person A would be lynched, for having the most votes at the end of the day.

Actually quite relevant in this game, as that's essentially like our current political voting system.

First thing I'm going to do is propose alternative vote...

Not if I make you a tory, you won't :P

And no worries Jonnas, shame to not have you on board, I trust you will not be on a break if I make a second game :)

Ah, I see. I love that system better. Gets the ball rolling when you're relying on one person to reach majority and they end up not getting lynched that night and you end up dying or something, haha.

Yeah. Theoretically it should help avoid inactivity/quiet stalling of votes, and also make the No Lynch much more used/worthy. It's an interesting change to the mechanics without flipping the game completely upside down, and I'm excited to see it again with larger numbers, as I don't feel we saw the best it had to offer in the game we tried it in.

Very good turnout so far, thank you!

Need a couple more for it to be how I have planned, get in on it @ReZourceman @heroicjanitor @chairdriver @Zell @EddieColeslaw @Eenuh@Ellmeister @Fierce_LiNk

And if you are on a mafia break, this game won't be a for a week or two, so you can end your break with my game :P

Final call for sign up guys before I finalise roles, you know ya want to :P

Also, considering another experiement - a ban on no lynches past day one. Thoughts? Might save it for another game.

I can't see that being of benefit to anyone except the mafia.

If people know/believe someone is innocent but there are unsure townies/mafia voting on them, the only way to save that person is to vote no lynch. With no lynches banned, they'd be forced to vote for someone else who they would all have to agree on and none of them may actually be sure of that person.

So personally I'd be against that :p

I can't see that being of benefit to anyone except the mafia.

If people know/believe someone is innocent but there are unsure townies/mafia voting on them, the only way to save that person is to vote no lynch. With no lynches banned, they'd be forced to vote for someone else who they would all have to agree on and none of them may actually be sure of that person.

So personally I'd be against that :p

I agree completely. No Lynch becomes very important in the Most Votes system, so forcing people to lynch someone would completely work against the system.

I do have the same misgivings as you guys, but would like to see it tried at some point. I think you'd have to have a quite info heavy game, but also you'd need to get the balance absolutely perfect. It probably isn't for this game with its most votes, but maybe in a time-limit free game, it could work.