NEurope
madeinbeats

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

Bagged this for £23.95 yesterday on Amazon. Only having Nintendo Land and Nano Assault to cover the arcade side of things, I was missing something like this to get stuck into and balance the system out. Hope it gets here before Chistmas.

By the by, I read HMV are paying £35 trade in for this. Take that with a pinch of salt.

Now £19.99 @ base.com :sad:

Wow, prices are falling fast. I might have jumped on this but I've already got the GOTY version for the old Xbox 360.

I never knew the controls on this game were so convoluted. There's like, 1000 moves and combinations to memorise. It isn't for the feint hearted. I am liking it so far though and can see why it was game of the year. So much work and effort must have gone into it to recreate Gotham City in such scale and detail.

l finished this as much as I'm going to over the weekend and I think I only had one instance of slowdown and that was during the Harley Quinn DLC story and I was playing at 1080p.

But yeah, great game. Shame I didn't work out the proper battle mechanics until the very end :laughing. Really like having the map on the Gamepad, so much better than pausing all the time. Off screen play is great also, of course. Loads of content in there for people who want to play it.

l finished this as much as I'm going to over the weekend and I think I only had one instance of slowdown and that was during the Harley Quinn DLC story and I was playing at 1080p.

But yeah, great game. Shame I didn't work out the proper battle mechanics until the very end :laughing. Really like having the map on the Gamepad, so much better than pausing all the time. Off screen play is great also, of course. Loads of content in there for people who want to play it.

Says I'm 69% done. I seem to have almost all the trophies and solved the riddles, so what the other 31% involves I'm not sure.

I think I've rinsed it out quite badly now and even though there's plenty of little challenges and medals to win in the other modes I think I might see if HMV are still offering £35 trade-in!

Edited by madeinbeats

I got 71% after collecting all the trophies and completing all the side quests. Not sure if the Calendar Man stuff counts. The rest, I'm guessing, comes from the New Game Plus, which I can't really be bothered playing.

I got 71% after collecting all the trophies and completing all the side quests. Not sure if the Calendar Man stuff counts. The rest, I'm guessing, comes from the New Game Plus, which I can't really be bothered playing.

I think the rest comes from completing the Combat and Predator challenges.

And don't discount New Game Plus, it's well worth another play through if only for...

The much harder boss fight with Mr Freeze.

My copy arrived to day and those new amoured costumes are just terrible. Glad you can just input a code to use the DLC costumes.

I have my console set to 720p and the framerate still isnt quite as solid as the 360 version but its fine. Still getting used to the controls at the moment, a little jarring having the analogue stick above the buttons, I keep trying to lower my thumb to adjust the camera when in battle.

I love off tv play. I was cooking in the kitchen so I grabbed the pad and just played in there whilst waiting for my food to be done.

edit -

One other thing I dont like right now is having alfreds voice and others come through the gamepad. The sound quality isnt geat for that, I though my copy was fucking glitching at first as I had the volume down. I'll have to check the options to see if I can have those voices come through the TV.

Edited by bryanee

Has there been any software updates that fix the framerate/texture load issues?

What with all this bargain hunting going on I feel I should point out that this is being released on the eshop this week for £49.99! Daft as a brush.

Bought this from TheHut at launch (for 40 quid), and it was the only thing that didn't arrive, got stopped at customs. They just gave me a refund and re-bought through The Base for 18.99 pounds, when I went to the checkout it showed up as 17.63 (well happy just saved a small fortune, under half the price of what I was willing to pay for it).

Now I wait for delivery.

Has there been any software updates that fix the framerate/texture load issues?

I haven't experienced any frame-rate issues and I've played through all of it.

Just get it if you want it.

Great price for this!

The Wii U is becoming the ultimate backlog

gaming console! :P

I haven't experienced any frame-rate issues and I've played through all of it.

Just get it if you want it.

I've had a few, mainly in more crowded fights and in some cutscenes. That was with my console set to 720p.

Loved this on the 360. Def thinking about getting it on the wii u. Playing it on the gamepad just sounds soooo good

I got this yesterday, though only managed to get in 45 minutes or so. Having never played either of the Arkham games before, this feels very fresh to me. I'm impressed by the scope of the world, and gliding around it is lots of fun. I'm a bit overwhelmed by everything you can do already, though! So many moves and gadgets! Fighting feels a bit button-bashy, though.

People who have never played Arkham City are insane if they don't buy this at £17.99. The game is incredible. I'm so tempted to buy it again on the wii u but just can't justify it!

People who have never played Arkham City are insane if they don't buy this at £17.99. The game is incredible. I'm so tempted to buy it again on the wii u but just can't justify it!

I'll have to find a way to deal with this insanity of mine.. :indeed:

I'll have to find a way to deal with this insanity of mine.. :indeed:

Don't deal with it. Destroy it and buy the amazing game!!

Why don't you want it?!

Have to say for some reason the Arkham games don't really appeal to me either for some strange reason despite being aware of their great reputation! I think for some reason the brawling combat kind of puts me off.

What with all this bargain hunting going on I feel I should point out that this is being released on the eshop this week for £49.99! Daft as a brush.

Ws in GAME on the weekend and they want £50 for this game. It's mental. They also want £40 for 3DS games. That shop operates on a different planet!!