Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Tank! Tank! Tank!

Retro_Link

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game looks really cheap and nasty. The graphics could mostly have been done on the Wii and you drive around with tanks where you can't rotate the turret.

So essentially, the game should've been called S-tank! S-tank! S-tank!

Sw09.jpg

I feel like doing a pun:

I hope this game'll Tank, Tank, Tank in retail.

Edited by Hogge

• 2 weeks later...
This will likely sell loads in Japan but the whole game just feels 2 generations old.

I'd hope that this is an arcade game port because it just screams it, with the taking pictures of your own face etc.

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

tanktanktank.jpg

By all accounts the game is actually meant to be pretty good, according to people who played the arcade original. An arcade port looks like the arcade game? Shocker!

A tank game where you can't rotate your turret? 3-way vertical splitscreen? 2 game modes? Truly awful graphics? They cannot be serious.

At least when Sega made their arcade ports for the Dreamcast, they added at least a few more modes and a longer SP campaign.

:confused: But watch the videos posted.

Yes.

It only ever rotates when you stand still. As soon as you start moving, it centers again. IRL, tanks go from side to side to avoid getting hit. And they can accurately fire on their targets while doing so.

There is no need for this game to have tanks in it. They behave like your character in Wolfenstein more than a tank. My only guess is that you play as tanks because these guys were to lazy to skin, rig and animate human character models!

Edited by darkjak

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

tanktanktank.jpg

By all accounts the game is actually meant to be pretty good, according to people who played the arcade original. An arcade port looks like the arcade game? Shocker!

Well let's hope it is a download only game. Cos I know some that should have been.... Yeah I'm looking at you JAMBO SAFARI!

617%2B6JGULwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You're getting confused with your time in Vietnam as tank commander and an arcade game.

1) Actually yes, I did do military service at an armoured regiment.

2) What's the point of preventing players from strafing? For the love of everything sacred, if you want to make the accessible, ad a lock on feature, like Metroid or Zelda.

Also, what are the defining features of a tank? It's on tracks, it's heavily armoured and it's GOT A GUN MOUNTED IN A ROTATING TURRET! If you want to take enough creative freedoms to not make the vehicles in your game even fit the definition of a tank, why not make up your own vehicle? Why isn't this Mech! Mech! Mech! ?

• 3 months later...
This looks exactly like my kind of game :)

Sorry for all the haters if you dislike my taste ;)

Right behind ya on that one....looks to me like an ideal after-pub game!

(not that I've been to many pubs lately but how'n'ever, it does seem like my type of game also) :yay:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!