Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Lego City: Undercover

Retro_Link

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks beautiful. I've always enjoyed the other Lego games, and this looks even better! Will definitely pick it up whenever I get a Wii U!

I agree, this does look like a real life Lego town, but that AA needs sorting... I'm sure that's just a finishing touch that hasn't been added yet (as hinted at by IdeaMan hope he's right.)

This looks like crazy, crazy genuine fun... Never played the original GTAs because I just don't agree with the sickening violence in them.

WiiU suddenly looks next gen.

Edited by madeinbeats

This game looks like a right blast to play. :D
Thank god someone sane seemed to take over the controls after 4minutes or so! :D

The second half of that was amazing. I loved the hosepipe and all the lego flowers springing out the ground and then up the wall!

Also, bouncey Mario mushrooms!

The one thing I don't like about the things I've seen so far, apart from the aliasing :heh:, is the depth of field filter they've applied. Sure, it hides the aliasing on things further away from the camera somewhat, but I can't stand a permanent blur on things in games.

If I focus my view on things far away, I see them sharp. The game however can't determine what I'm focusing on and therefore has no business blurring things far away. I don't want a nearsightedness simulation in my games, at least not open world games. :( I'm more or less fine, if this is done as an effect like on Skyward Sword. In that game though I never have to focus on things far away.

Edit: Worst thing is the tearing in the screenshot with the helicopter though...

Edited by Burny

I do wonder if we may actually see tie in Nintendo themed lego to go with this game? there was a campaign for genuine Zelda Lego, if nintendo did work with Lego to produce that it would hype the Wiiu up for kids...... could lead to mega sales based on nagging children

I do wonder if we may actually see tie in Nintendo themed lego to go with this game? there was a campaign for genuine Zelda Lego, if nintendo did work with Lego to produce that it would hype the Wiiu up for kids...... could lead to mega sales based on nagging children
And @ReZourceman! ;)

Heck I'd buy a Lego Link! :D

• 3 months later...
:grin:

It did make me laugh, but I actually think its the Lego that makes it. The style, the humour, the voice work, all excellent.

I can agree that the Lego games have a certain charm to them. But I just never understood why it had to be Lego. I don't get why there was a Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones or Harry Potter. Lego isn't about humour, it's about building stuff.

And making a Lego game where you don't build stuff to me is like making a Zelda lightgun game.

*Remembers Link's Crossbow Training*:cry:

I can agree that the Lego games have a certain charm to them. But I just never understood why it had to be Lego. I don't get why there was a Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones or Harry Potter. Lego isn't about humour, it's about building stuff.

And making a Lego game where you don't build stuff to me is like making a Zelda lightgun game.

*Remembers Link's Crossbow Training*:cry:

Well mostly it's because the creativity builds a platform for promoting new LEGO products based on new film franchises, which again receive publicity. Three tiered publicity chain? A bit of marketing genius if you ask me.

It's a bit of an irrelevant "why" game though surely? I think the whimsy attached to LEGO should be enough to explain that.

I am somewhat disappointed in the look of the city but it's been something I've had a problem with in all the games. I wish it actually looked like it was made of lego, and not just the real world with lego people in it.

But that's such a minor criticism. This interests me a lot more than GTA ever did.

I am somewhat disappointed in the look of the city but it's been something I've had a problem with in all the games. I wish it actually looked like it was made of lego, and not just the real world with lego people in it.

But that's such a minor criticism. This interests me a lot more than GTA ever did.

It somewhat annoys me too that not everything looks like LEGO. Still, I like the game, and I am not hard to convince. A couple more humorous videos or a positive review could be enough.