NEurope
Retro_Link

Lego City: Undercover

Luigi's Mansion 2 won't affect the sales of this game, besides they're on different platforms.
But Monster Hunter probably will. :hmm:

I know I definitely would have bought this on day 1 if it wasn't for MH.

Bloody stupid releasing these 2 games within a week of each other, especially when there's been nowt for ages! :nono:

I really wish Nintendo would think about their release schedules a bit more, and properly space games out. Not only would it be better for us, but it would surely be better for them and 3rd party publishers too, as it means more day 1 full-price purchases of their games. ::shrug:

Bloody stupid releasing these 2 games within a week of each other, especially when there's been nowt for ages! :nono:

I really wish Nintendo would think about their release schedules a bit more, and properly space games out. Not only would it be better for us, but it would surely be better for them and 3rd party publishers too, as it means more day 1 full-price purchases of their games. ::shrug:

Amen to that! MH3U is the game that will stop me getting this day one! Seems crazy to have two AAA releases so close to one another when we've been lacking that kind of game in January and February.

Just pre-ordered the standard edition from The Hut, with a 10% discount code (HPOGTEN), for 27.88 UK pounds. Not too bad.

hi, when did you order and what price was it on the site at that time? i had preordered earlier and they didn't reduce the price as it says on their preorder guarantee. May be worth an email. :)

I'm getting this over Monster Hunter, for sure!

This game just oozes awesome

You not getting MH at all? It's practically Pokémon! :heh:

Albeit Pokémon with huge, scary and insane monsters... and you mostly kill the monsters instead of capturing them... but yeah, kinda similar. :laughing:

hi, when did you order and what price was it on the site at that time? i had preordered earlier and they didn't reduce the price as it says on their preorder guarantee. May be worth an email. :)

Hi,

I ordered on the 1st of February from The Hut and it was priced at 30.98 pounds. Then, they put the 10% discount on top after, which made it 27.88. But, as I don't live in the UK it cost another 0.99p for delivery, making a grand total of 28.87.

Yeah email them, they also did this to me before, but honoured the lower price after I emailed them about it.:awesome:

Amen to that! MH3U is the game that will stop me getting this day one! Seems crazy to have two AAA releases so close to one another when we've been lacking that kind of game in January and February.

THIS.

They really should have got this out before MH, especially when you consider the time sink that game is. Most people who buy MH won't be looking for another game for a looooong time.

I was itching to play this game as I love all the Lego games, but now it will have to wait. I suppose it works out well in my favour though. By the time i'm finished with MH I will be able to pick this up cheap. :D

You not getting MH at all? It's practically Pokémon! :heh:

Albeit Pokémon with huge, scary and insane monsters... and you mostly kill the monsters instead of capturing them... but yeah, kinda similar. :laughing:

I'm waiting for the surprise crossover Pocket Monsters Hunter

Tamed down a bit, but dear lord...that'd cause the Wii U to own Japan

I'm waiting for the surprise crossover Pocket Monsters Hunter

Tamed down a bit, but dear lord...that'd cause the Wii U to own Japan

I can just see it... :heh:

ftWE1X7.jpg

It would be a disaster for Japan, the country would come to a complete standstill. :laughing:

I can just see it... :heh:

ftWE1X7.jpg

It would be a disaster for Japan, the country would come to a complete standstill. :laughing:

Rather than you attacking with weapons, you send out Pokémon and the battles will be akin to PokéPark's battles. It'd be amazing and Japan would love it

But, I digress, this is off-topic

Just checked out my preorders.... this, need for speed, monster hunter and luigis mansion (maybe even Aliens) all come out within a week of each other...

I would cancel this and wait but I got it for under £30 so I'll keep it.

Just checked out my preorders.... this, need for speed, monster hunter and luigis mansion (maybe even Aliens) all come out within a week of each other...
Which one you gonna play first? :heh:

I would cancel this and wait but I got it for under £30 so I'll keep it.
Yeah, this game (seeing as it's published by Nintendo) will probably hold its price for a long time anyway.

Which one you gonna play first? :heh:

Yeah, this game (seeing as it's published by Nintendo) will probably hold its price for a long time anyway.

Well Need for speed and monster hunter as they come out first... Probably... Need for speed first as I'm quite excited by the gamepad useage and the autolog miiverse stuff; plus it's easier to dip in and out. Then crack on with monster hunter over that weekend more seriously.

Might be best if I take a week off :)

As my birthday is in March, it's always been a great time for me to get presents as a kid (and big kid...)

BUT! Why the hell do Nintendo put too many games out at this time? As RS says, just release them in Jan/Feb as well.

I know it's all because of the financial calendar but a dash of common sense toward core gamers would be good...

Hi,

I ordered on the 1st of February from The Hut and it was priced at 30.98 pounds. Then, they put the 10% discount on top after, which made it 27.88. But, as I don't live in the UK it cost another 0.99p for delivery, making a grand total of 28.87.

Yeah email them, they also did this to me before, but honoured the lower price after I emailed them about it.:awesome:

well that didn't pay off, they cancelled all my preorders saying that the code i used was not applicable, even though i got call of duty black ops 2 at the same time. Splendid customer service. numpties.

well that didn't pay off, they cancelled all my preorders saying that the code i used was not applicable, even though i got call of duty black ops 2 at the same time. Splendid customer service. numpties.

Assholes, sorry it didn't work out for you. Buy them somewhere else, like ShopTo, they are great, and tend to have very reasonable prices.

Nintendo Network features, eh? Any idea what it could be?

That old favourite:

DLC??

First Impressions from Nintendolife

Great read. Sounds very promising.

To get to specifics, LEGO City Undercover looks crisp and attractive, but doesn't feel like a major step up from previous HD entries on Xbox 360 and PS3, at least not in terms of polygon counts

No shit...I forgot Lego needed 467378547856346 polygons per model :p Fact is, this game looks the most realistic of any game