N-Europe

Nintendo Land

Retro_Link

Anyone had the weird, sparky, colourful Question mark box in Pikmin? Where it gives you a MASSIVE blob of nectar and levelled everyone up to Level 50!

If so is there any reason for this, or is a a purely random gift?

It sure makes 'Mastering' a level a hell of a lot easier!

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone had the weird, sparky, colourful Question mark box in Pikmin? Where it gives you a MASSIVE blob of nectar and levelled everyone up to Level 50!

If so is there any reason for this, or is a a purely random gift?

It sure makes 'Mastering' a level a hell of a lot easier!

Isn't that the Assist item? If so, it prevents you from mastering a level.

Still staggers me how anyone can have problems with area 9. 10 was the hardest bit but once you figure a section out it becomes easy after that.

Love this game, I'm at the bit immediately after be brave, can't quite get it but it's so much fun; and the tricks it forces on you are amazing.

I've only dabbled in DKCC, the Luigi one, the Yoshi one and the Ninja one. Oh and Mario Chase. All were okay, quite fun in multiplayer, especially Luigi and Chase. The single player games kind of break up the flow though having to wait for your turn. I'm hoping this game will be recieved well by the family over christmas though. My mate and gf picked up the games pretty quick when we played so here's hoping. I'm just worried the time it takes to read instructions and understand the gist of each game will make them get impatient and give up.

I got to the fourth course for the first time last night wooooop!

I still keep falling off at the very end of the second track on Captain Falcon's Twister Race lol

I also discovered the key to Area 9, just tilt the pad slightly toward to direction you're jumping in and as you tap the shoulder button you'll 'float' safely over.

Nope... We mastered the level when we used it!

I didn't 'ask' for it either, it just showed up?

Interesting. :blank: I think that [!] block might appear on some of the standard stages too actually (can't remember for sure now), but it is also the assist item for Pikmin on the advanced stages.

And it certainly offers a lot of assistance, as Level 50+ Pikmin are amazing! :awesome:

Still staggers me how anyone can have problems with area 9.
I think the biggest problem with area 9 is how the game instructs you to "Press R". If it just said "Tap R" instead, the majority of people wouldn't have any trouble with that section at all I reckon.

The game lies to you! :heh:

Interesting. :blank: I think that [!] block might appear on some of the standard stages too actually (can't remember for sure now), but it is also the assist item for Pikmin on the advanced stages.

And it certainly offers a lot of assistance, as Level 50+ Pikmin are amazing! :awesome:

I think the biggest problem with area 9 is how the game instructs you to "Press R". If it just said "Tap R" instead, the majority of people wouldn't have any trouble with that section at all I reckon.

The game lies to you! :heh:

Nope... I'm talking crap... we mastered it another time... But it enabled us to pop the Bulblord's eyes and we got our stamp for it... It was there again when I played with my little'un and it quite clearly called it an assist item!

As expected, Nintendoland went down a treat at my sister's this xmas. Mario Chase and AC Sweet Day were the most popular. My mum and sisters both appreciated the classic AC Gcn title music making a comeback!

One gripe I have (maybe i'm missing something here) is it's a massive pain to use new Miis in-game - I have to go into the mii maker thingy and make them a favourite before they appear in the game. Any way around this?

As expected, Nintendoland went down a treat at my sister's this xmas. Mario Chase and AC Sweet Day were the most popular. My mum and sisters both appreciated the classic AC Gcn title music making a comeback!

One gripe I have (maybe i'm missing something here) is it's a massive pain to use new Miis in-game - I have to go into the mii maker thingy and make them a favourite before they appear in the game. Any way around this?

Yes you're making a huge boo boo. I the miss yo create you have to put copying allowed, it's sort of a ridiculous thing, but this is all it is.

I took my Wii U over to my parents' house for four days at Christmas in the hope of getting some multiplayer Nintendo Land in, and nobody was remotely interested in even giving it a go, no matter how often I asked if anyone wanted a game. Not even my sister, who's four years younger than me. Rubbish! :( Thank goodness for off-TV play, because at least I could put on NSMBU whilst they were watching TV.

I took my Wii U over to my parents' house for four days at Christmas in the hope of getting some multiplayer Nintendo Land in, and nobody was remotely interested in even giving it a go, no matter how often I asked if anyone wanted a game. Not even my sister, who's four years younger than me. Rubbish! :( Thank goodness for off-TV play, because at least I could put on NSMBU whilst they were watching TV.

That's because you gave them a choice. Should have forced them, then they'd have loved it