NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Wonderful 101

It doesn't make sense to use the stick to me. I tried using it to draw a circle or the gun and thought :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead.

Same here, found it horrible to use.

Well done Red
Call me... Wonder-Red. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can't imagine people playing this game using the right analogue stick to draw the objects. The touchscreen is so essential to this game.
I can't imagine people using the touchscreen! :eek:

My first go on the demo was using the GamePad/touchscreen, and I hated it. Switched to the Pro Controller and never looked back!

And once you purchase the Speed Liner skill from the Wonderful Mart, using the analog stick to input Unite Morphs is even better! :cool:

Unnnnnnnnnnnnite... Pro Controller! :heh:

gnmn.jpg

I can't imagine people using the touchscreen! :eek:

My first go on the demo was using the GamePad/touchscreen, and I hated it. Switched to the Pro Controller and never looked back!

I'm a bit of both.

Straight lines for the Sword or making ladders, bridges, chains etc I use the right anologue.

For the Circles, triangle for glider, and the gun I use the touchscreen.

I find the touchscreen really disconnects me from the game. I use it all the time for the glider though as the triangle seems to be the one shape I consistently violate using the right stick.

How does the speed liner skill feel? Is it too fast to use the right stick accurately?

Completed this game clocking in at 23 hours on normal.

Was amazing from start to finish but kicked my ass several times. I'm gonna play on easy from now on just to have fun.

How does the speed liner skill feel? Is it too fast to use the right stick accurately?
It's great. If anything I find it makes it easier to use the stick accurately.

The good thing about skills though, is that if you decide you don't like 'em, they can be individually enabled/disabled via the pause menu. :cool:

I got rid of the Unit Ball morph pretty much straight away after I bought it, as I found it really annoying.

Completed this game clocking in at 23 hours on normal.

Was amazing from start to finish but kicked my ass several times. I'm gonna play on easy from now on just to have fun.

Just checked my time, I managed it in 14 hours somehow. Hope I didn't miss loads of secrets/collectables! Oh well, I'll be replaying this one more than once that's for sure, so it's all good. :)

Also, I just realised that I went through the entire game without ever using an item! :o

The only thing I made using the space ingredients was the credit card a few times, to buy skills/morphs. :hehe:

Speaking of Unite Morphs, I've noticed there are 2 new ones available in my Wonderful Mart now...

Wonderful Forever & Platinum Forever!

They both cost 1000000P and require 100 team members to use!

...They look incredibly powerful too judging by the little video preview. :eek:

Just finished this myself, having done every level on Easy mode. Had a bit of a stressful time with the final boss because, for some reason, I couldn't work out what I was supposed to do, but it didn't spoil the ending to the truly wonderful game. Such a shame I have to send the review copy back tomorrow, as I'd have liked to go back and look for other unlockables and secrets. I also didn't really give mission mode a try. Oh well, maybe I'll buy it someday if it ever comes down in price.

All done! Before I go any further I just want to say...

EPIC!!!!!!

If you've been keeping up with my posts in regards to this game then you will know it has been a bit of a rollercoaster for me. I don't think my opinion has changed so much with any game before but in the end the game won me over.

I woke up at 4am this morning and just couldn't sleep so I figured I would carry on playing this. I had stopped playing at chapter 5 the previous night, so I continued from there. I decided I would also play with my headset on so I could hear all the music more clearly. Before I knew it the hours had flown by and it was 9am and I was on Operation 9!!! I would have kept going but I had to go out and do some shopping. :(

The game really sucked me in and I loved every second of the 5 hour stint and the other 2 hours that I played once I got back home.

The music is simply amazing in this game. I don't think any of the reviews I read had even mentioned it and it's a shame that it seems to be going unnoticed. The way the tempo speeds up during a big battle and then slows down during certain scenes was fantastic. I hope it gets released for purchase.

The game reminds me very much of various anime. The main characters are down and out and then some twist happens and the music kicks in and the fight is on again. There were so many moments, especially towards the end,where I simply had a massive grin on my face when certain things happen.

Here's a few moments that I absolutely loved.

The Punch-Out style fight which was then followed by you essentially surfing your way out of a volcano on top of the Virgin Victory

The Giant Enemy Crabs. :D

The R-Type sections of the game.

The level which was just like the movie Inner Space.

Stomping that boss with your foot after you had grown back to normal size.

When the Platinum Robo first was formed. Hell Yeah!

The way your battle suits are knackered by the end of the game.

Everyone from Chewgi to Vorkken all joining forces and making dramatic anime style entrances.

The way the theme music kicks in as you are nearing the end of a boss fight.

The final move name. Honestly I completely lost it at this point. Rd just kept adding more and more names and then the way he shoves Blue off him so he can continue was just freaking hilarious.

Also during the credits I noticed this...

It had a special thank you for the Bayonetta character usage. Is she or any others from that series in the game as a special or something?

I share @RedShell thoughts when he said it's a shame not very many people are going to experience this game and I know a few reviews also said this. This is due to it being on a console with a low user base and it being a very hardcore game. Both of these things will make it a struggle to do decent numbers. :(

I'm honestly glad I stuck with it and pushed through that period where I just wasn't feeling it.

Platinum :bowdown:

All done! Before I go any further I just want to say...

EPIC!!!!!!

If you've been keeping up with my posts in regards to this game then you will know it has been a bit of a rollercoaster for me. I don't think my opinion has changed so much with any game before but in the end the game won me over.

I woke up at 4am this morning and just couldn't sleep so I figured I would carry on playing this. I had stopped playing at chapter 5 the previous night, so I continued from there. I decided I would also play with my headset on so I could hear all the music more clearly. Before I knew it the hours had flown by and it was 9am and I was on Operation 9!!! I would have kept going but I had to go out and do some shopping. :(

The game really sucked me in and I loved every second of the 5 hour stint and the other 2 hours that I played once I got back home.

The music is simply amazing in this game. I don't think any of the reviews I read had even mentioned it and it's a shame that it seems to be going unnoticed. The way the tempo speeds up during a big battle and then slows down during certain scenes was fantastic. I hope it gets released for purchase.

The game reminds me very much of various anime. The main characters are down and out and then some twist happens and the music kicks in and the fight is on again. There were so many moments, especially towards the end,where I simply had a massive grin on my face when certain things happen.

The Punch-Out style fight which was then followed by you essentially surfing your way out of a volcano on top of the Virgin Victory

Everyone from Chewgi to Vorkken all joining forces and making dramatic anime style entrances.

The final move name. Honestly I completely lost it at this point. Rd just kept adding more and more names and then the way he shoves Blue off him so he can continue was just freaking hilarious.

It had a special thank you for the Bayonetta character usage. Is she or any others from that series in the game as a special or something?

I share @RedShell thoughts when he said it's a shame not very many people are going to experience this game and I know a few reviews also said this. This is due to it being on a console with a low user base and it being a very hardcore game. Both of these things will make it a struggle to do decent numbers. :(

I'm honestly glad I stuck with it and pushed through that period where I just wasn't feeling it.

Platinum :bowdown:

I saw you were the last poster in this thread and thought "aw, sheeeeet, he's come in here to hate again. :("

Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

So happy you like it. This is going to be the best game this year that nobody has played/bought.

I saw you were the last poster in this thread and thought "aw, sheeeeet, he's come in here to hate again. :("

just started playing this. Not sure so far.

seems like there is so much stuff going on.

its asking me to unite hand and I got no idea what shape I am suppose to drawing.

just started playing this. Not sure so far.

seems like there is so much stuff going on.

its asking me to unite hand and I got no idea what shape I am suppose to drawing.

oh boy.

you need to draw a circle.

I would recommend un-hiding the tutorial boxes if you've hidden them.

Also bare in mind that all your move set - including the unite morphs - can be found via the pause menu.

Oh man, you know that feeling when you've played a game for a while and it really starts to click? Well that feeling in this game is just glorious.

I'm currently doing a playthrough on Hard, and so far I've been absolutely destroying it! :cool:

Obviously it helps having access to all of the skills/characters/morphs etc... that I collected the first time around, but it's definitely more to do with having improved a lot and really understanding the way battles work.

Did an audacious combo on one of the large humanoid enemies earlier, almost felt sorry for it. :heh:

Launched the thing into the air and chained together the most incredible combo of unite morphs while airborne, before finishing with a Unite Hammer just as he was hitting the ground! icon14.gif

I can't wait to see vids of what super skilled peeps will come up with in this game, the combat system has got some serious depth to it. ;)

Yeah, so much awesomeness. I also loved how Wonder Black was continuously on his Game & Watch, even with complete pandemonium going on!
:laughing:

And yeah, the final attack moment is legendary. I burst out laughing at that point. :D

Something else I was thinking about during the final sections of the game (when all the outer space stuff was going down) was StarFox. Seriously, how amazing would a StarFox game by Platinum Games be? Pretty damn amazing, that's how amazing. ;)

Hopefully Nintendo come to their senses and give them at shot at the franchise.

Especially as Kamiya has previously stated he'd like to work on it.

It certainly looks like it. Apparently Hideki Kamiya is an unlockable character too.
:heh:

It's criminal when you think about it, all of that work... but so few people will probably experience it. :weep:

Such a shame. :(

It's criminal when you think about it, all of that work... but so few people will probably experience it. :weep:

Such a shame.

They probably didnt ship that many knowing its not going to be hugely popular.

A Jap source on gaf said they shipped 30k over there and the sell-through on the first 2 days was 30% which isnt great.

I have just started the game today. Have to play more but seems manic at times and I dont know whats going on. I hate the touchscreen moments as well!!

Yeah, it really is a shame. It's a new IP by Nintendo and Platinum, two of the most brilliant developers of all time. It hits every checkbox for what people want, and yet it's ignored

The strange/sad/ironic thing is that the people that care most about and use the term "Hardcore game" will look at Wonderfull 101 and call it a "Kiddie" game :mad:

Yeah, it really is a shame. It's a new IP by Nintendo and Platinum, two of the most brilliant developers of all time. It hits every checkbox for what people want, and yet it's ignored

Look @ Bayonetta. Fantastic game but nobody bought it. It must be so frustrating for platinum. The games are critically acclaimed but for whatever reason they just dont appeal to a wide audience.

The strange/sad/ironic thing is that the people that care most about and use the term "Hardcore game" will look at Wonderfull 101 and call it a "Kiddie" game :mad:

Would like to see a kid play this game. Its difficulty is brutal for me and I've been playing games for 24 years

Just played Operation 1-C..... OMG

EPIC

Controlling the Virgin Victory was wicked.... big WOW EPIC moment when on the dragons back and you get to take "control" of one of the heads.... thought that was the end of it then the falling section was pretty cool.... though I messed up a few of the jump dodge QTE moments :heh:

The clash of swords section, BRILLIANT (but messed up on the first run as I though I had sword on already but it was hand... think I lost an award there :() Followed by the gun blasting

Then the building the arrow EPIC..... then using Laambo's own sword on him with a Unite Hand to finish it off.....WOOTT

Man wish I had more free time to play. Should be back to a normal routine after tomorrow :)

8ba6.jpg

:laughing:

Just played Operation 1-C..... OMG

EPIC

;)

Then the building the arrow EPIC..... then using Laambo's own sword on him with a Unite Hand to finish it off.....WOOTT

I was actually quite surprised by how graphic that attack was! :D

.gif
That tombstone morph is great, can deal massive damage! :awesome: Especially on enemy crabs. :heh:

Anyway, something had been annoying me for a while after hearing some music in this game and thinking it really sounded like something else, but I just couldn't put my finger on it... :blank:

Until last night, when I finally realised what it was! icon3.gif

Made a quick vid to compare:

Yeah... think I've been playing this game too much. :laughing:

That tombstone morph is great, can deal massive damage! :awesome: Especially on enemy crabs. :heh:

Anyway, something had been annoying me for a while after hearing some music in this game and thinking it really sounded like something else, but I just couldn't put my finger on it... :blank:

Until last night, when I finally realised what it was! icon3.gif

Made a quick vid to compare:

The music also reminds me of Super Scope 6

Heh, that's cool... :)

I think that I haven't played this game enough at all, only played barely an hour an a half on the day before it officially came out and then... either been too tired or busy :( but it's my day off today so I must play a decent amount today. :D