NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Wonderful 101

Anyone order from wowhd? Had your order shipped yet? What are they usually like for release day orders ?

I've heard that they can be hit or miss with deliveries, so I opted for Shopto. From what I remember, I ordered a CD as a Christmas present from there. I ordered it first, before the other gifts and it was the last to arrive. Could have just been a one off, but I've read on a few other sites that they're not particularly amazing.

Rule of thumb seems to be that if you want it early, ShopTo it.

Been playing this the past couple of hours. Great fun, but can be pretty brutal. I keep getting the consolation prizes :(

I've noticed others take issue with the hammer and all I have to add is that I haven't had that problem at all. All I can advise is to use the analogue stick to draw if you're not doing already, though you probably are.

I've mostly been using the touch screen - I'll have to give the analogue stick a try for the hammer next time.

I've mostly been using the touch screen - I'll have to give the analogue stick a try for the hammer next time.

Definitely give it a go. I initially used the touch screen for all the drawing because I think part of me assumed using the analogue stick was like the 'secondary' control option, but then I found out that Kamiya himself uses it, so I tried it and never looked back. Makes it so much easier to draw morphs without breaking your rhythm/needing to look down at the GamePad. For the hammer, it's a bit like drawing a sickle, because the game knows what you're going for and the shape flashes yellow before you even 'close' the circle. I like how generous it is in that regard; I've drawn some pretty shocking circles to get Wonder Punch :heh:

Definitely give it a go. I initially used the touch screen for all the drawing because I think part of me assumed using the analogue stick was like the 'secondary' control option, but then I found out that Kamiya himself uses it, so I tried it and never looked back. Makes it so much easier to draw morphs without breaking your rhythm/needing to look down at the GamePad. For the hammer, it's a bit like drawing a sickle, because the game knows what you're going for and the shape flashes yellow before you even 'close' the circle. I like how generous it is in that regard; I've drawn some pretty shocking circles to get Wonder Punch :heh:

Seems the game is very forgiving when it comes to the drawing of shapes which is great but I also have to wonder then how bad must that IGN reviewer have been at drawing to say it didn't work well haha

Hoping I can get into the city earlish tomorrow morning so I can play a bit in the afternoon before I have to go off in the evening

I've heard that they can be hit or miss with deliveries, so I opted for Shopto. From what I remember, I ordered a CD as a Christmas present from there. I ordered it first, before the other gifts and it was the last to arrive. Could have just been a one off, but I've read on a few other sites that they're not particularly amazing.

Rule of thumb seems to be that if you want it early, ShopTo it.

I ordered a CD from WOWHD at Christmas as well, when it arrived it had a Hong Kong customs sticker on the label so I was confused.

Anyone order from wowhd? Had your order shipped yet? What are they usually like for release day orders ?

All I know is that they are terrible for Australian delivery. I know a guy that I think is still waiting for Pikmin 3 to arrive after pre ordering it from wowhd.

This game is kicking my ass somewhat...to the point I'm considering turning it down to Easy

Hmmmm i'm not feeling it yet. So far i'm a little disappointed with it if im honest.:(
That's too bad. :hmm: Complete opposite for me at the moment, this game is just blowing my mind! :bouncy:

Starting to kick my ass a bit too though... on Normal. :blush:

But yeah, impressive stuff.

Some of the early bosses are like the kind of thing you'd expect for an end of game boss!!!! :eek:

The dialogue has already had me cracking up too, really funny characters in this one. icon14.gif

That's too bad. :hmm: Complete opposite for me at the moment, this game is just blowing my mind! :bouncy:

Some of the early bosses are like the kind of thing you'd expect for an end of game boss!!!! :eek:

The dialogue has already had me cracking up too, really funny characters in this one. icon14.gif

I usually struggle on those tanks that have armour -_-

From the demo this seems good to play on easy then slowly crank the difficulty up...I enjoyed it more that way to get used to everything and into the flow of the game.

Playing with the PrO controller may be best to avoid GamePad being thrown scenarios!

At one point on the GamePad screen, I had a list of all of my Wonderful 101 collected, and their weapon/strength. I can't for the life of me find that again

I usually struggle on those tanks that have armour -_-
They can be annoying, yeah. Blocking has to be perfectly timed in order to repel their attacks.

From the demo this seems good to play on easy then slowly crank the difficulty up...I enjoyed it more that way to get used to everything and into the flow of the game.

Playing with the PrO controller may be best to avoid GamePad being thrown scenarios!

I'm sticking with Normal for now, 'tis very challenging though.

Can't imagine what hard (and I'm assuming very hard) is gonna be like! :o

At one point on the GamePad screen, I had a list of all of my Wonderful 101 collected, and their weapon/strength. I can't for the life of me find that again
Up on the D-Pad. :)

There's just a few things niggling me.

The load times are pretty long. Granted you get a mini game to play while it loads but it's just masking the loading time.

I just couldn't get the inputs to work properly in some cases. I spent about 3-4 mins trying to get the game to register drawing a freaking triangle for the handglider. I spent ages drawing triangle after triangle only for the game to see it as a circle and unleash Reds Wonder Hand move instead.

It was the same when trying to collect citizens. I would draw around them only to have them just stand there. Eventually I got sick and just left them to die.

A couple of times i've had enemies attack me off screen. which was highly annoying. I've also had to fight enemies when buildings were in my field of view.

I dunno. I was really knackered after work and had a very low tolerance for anything last night. I'll give it another blast over the weekend to see if things improve. I'm hoping the drawing mechanic does, I mean if it's not picking up a freaking triangle I hate to see it when the more complex shapes arrive.

There's just a few things niggling me.

The load times are pretty long. Granted you get a mini game to play while it loads but it's just masking the loading time.

2 words for you... Lego City. :heh:

I just couldn't get the inputs to work properly in some cases. I spent about 3-4 mins trying to get the game to register drawing a freaking triangle for the handglider. I spent ages drawing triangle after triangle only for the game to see it as a circle and unleash Reds Wonder Hand move instead.
I fluffed my first attempt at the glider too. It helps to keep an eye on the amount of characters in your team when doing any of those moves, if you're low on units then the size of your drawing has to be smaller too.

If you start drawing a large triangle but only manage to draw 2 sides of it, you'll probably end up with the gun instead.

It was the same when trying to collect citizens. I would draw around them only to have them just stand there. Eventually I got sick and just left them to die.
Don't forget that you don't need to completely surround citizens/withered plants etc... You can just draw a semicircle and once you move it over them it should activate every time. :cool:

A couple of times i've had enemies attack me off screen. which was highly annoying. I've also had to fight enemies when buildings were in my field of view.
Yeah, I've had the building blocking my view problem as well, don't reckon those kind of situations are going to be very common though. :hmm:

I dunno. I was really knackered after work and had a very low tolerance for anything last night. I'll give it another blast over the weekend to see if things improve. I'm hoping the drawing mechanic does, I mean if it's not picking up a freaking triangle I hate to see it when the more complex shapes arrive.
I'd say that's probably the main thing. Playing any video game while tired is never a good move, but something as insane as the W101 is just pointless. Especially once you're the wrong side of 30! :p

No 30% discount for me :(

It's working now. Was activated at 09:00 :D GO! UNITE UP!

2 words for you... Lego City. :heh:

I fluffed my first attempt at the glider too. It helps to keep an eye on the amount of characters in your team when doing any of those moves, if you're low on units then the size of your drawing has to be smaller too.

If you start drawing a large triangle but only manage to draw 2 sides of it, you'll probably end up with the gun instead.

Don't forget that you don't need to completely surround citizens/withered plants etc... You can just draw a semicircle and once you move it over them it should activate every time. :cool:

I seen the hidden message you cheeky git. :D

Yeah, Lego City had loading issues and I hear Splinter Cell does as well.

As for the triangle, I had more than enough units to make one. I tried different sizes and it still just wouldn't register properly.

Again, I had the same issues with the citizens. I would draw semi circles and circles but still it was hit or miss as to whether they would join the team. :(

It's working now. Was activated at 09:00 :D GO! UNITE UP!

Yeah wasn't active at Midnight when I checked, stayed up for nothing. Not really, I was up anyway.

How much is it with the discount?

Yeah wasn't active at Midnight when I checked, stayed up for nothing. Not really, I was up anyway.

How much is it with the discount?

It's £27.99 with the discount.

Great vid which shows just how effective the drawing system can be:

Super quick weapon selection at 1:38 = awesome. :cool: