NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Wonderful 101

Just finished Operation 006. The game (somehow) keeps getting better and better. :cool:

So many awesome twists and turns, in both story and gameplay!

Calling it a day for now though, as my eyeballs are literally about to fall out of their sockets! :o

Just done the prologue after playing splinter cell for most of the evening.

This game is epic.

Thank god its the bank holiday!!!! Im also not seeing the girlfriend which means lots of gaming!!!

Dilemma!

Reading these post makes me want the game, but I didn't really like the demo?

What now?

What was it about the demo that you didnt like?

To me, it seemed a bit random, button mashy. Yes I know it's not, but it's one of those games I'm probably just not good at, and I just keep pressing the last button combo that worked!

I'm similar with other types of heavy combo games especially 'extreme' sports games i.e. SSX, Tony Hawks etc... I just never seem to 'get' them.

Well I cant sleep

I suppose I have no option but to switch on the Wii U and do another level on this.

To me, it seemed a bit random, button mashy. Yes I know it's not, but it's one of those games I'm probably just not good at, and I just keep pressing the last button combo that worked!

I'm similar with other types of heavy combo games especially 'extreme' sports games i.e. SSX, Tony Hawks etc... I just never seem to 'get' them.

It might be worth turning the difficulty down if you do get it.

As for the game itself, I highly recommend it. Try the demo again and figure out how the game works. Once you figure it how it "works", it's really fun. It's not that button mashy at all really, it's just a case of figuring how what causes the most damage and when to block/move and when to attack.

As for me, I'm loving it. Just been playing for another hour or so and I really, really like it. The humour in it makes it worth paying for alone. :D

Do people use the team attack at all? I found myself just using the Unite attacks, usually the sword, for enemies.

Dilemma!

Reading these post makes me want the game, but I didn't really like the demo?

What now?

Play the demo a few more times.

I didn't like W101 at first, even after my first playthrough of the demo. :hmm: Now I consider it the best game on Wii U! :hehe:

It can just take quite a while for the gameplay to click, that's all.

Also...

It might be worth turning the difficulty down if you do get it.
That can definitely help, as the difficulty on 'normal' in this game is really the equivalent of 'hard' on most games.

The humour in it makes it worth paying for alone. :D
Couldn't agree more. :)

Even on the few occasions when gameplay is frustrating, I have no trouble persevering because I'm so looking forward to the next bit of hilarious dialogue. icon14.gif

Do people use the team attack at all? I found myself just using the Unite attacks, usually the sword, for enemies.
Yeah I do, it's great for stunning enemies and giving yourself a few more precious seconds to activate larger/multiple unite morphs. ;)

Plus...

the team attack can be powered up via the shop, to a more powerful charged version.

:cool:

Despite getting the controls to work i'm still not feeling the game. Yeah, it's funny but i'm finding the levels to be far too drawn out, especially boss fights. The things take ages and it wouldn't be so much of an issue if there wasn't one every 5 mins. I keep playing a mission here and there and then getting bored and knocking it off to play something else.

@Hero\-of\-Time

Bored!!!? Im finding the frantic gameplay anything but boring.

Im finding it difficult though. I cant seem to dodge attacks very well. I may knock down the difficulty haha.

@Hero\-of\-Time

Bored!!!?

Indeed.

I also have issues with the camera distance. There has been a few times where I have had to escape from falling platforms but the camera is zoomed right out and due to the amount of people I have on my team, it makes it hard to see exactly which one i'm controlling. This results in me falling to my death numerous times. :D

Sadly, I'm starting to think that the game just isn't for me.

I admit, this game still pisses me off at times. All the defensive stuff just doesn't work so I'm constantly getting killed. The enemies never recoil from my hits, but whenever I get hit, I get sparked out

I admit, this game still pisses me off at times. All the defensive stuff just doesn't work so I'm constantly getting killed. The enemies never recoil from my hits, but whenever I get hit, I get sparked out

This is exactly what happens when I play it. Cant for the life of me defend. I die continuously. I was getting frustrated and raging last night.

Indeed.

I also have issues with the camera distance. There has been a few times where I have had to escape from falling platforms but the camera is zoomed right out and due to the amount of people I have on my team, it makes it hard to see exactly which one i'm controlling. This results in me falling to my death numerous times. :D

Sadly, I'm starting to think that the game just isn't for me.

You can zoom the camera in with R if it'll help.

Couldn't make it past GAME earlier without going in to have a look.

I now own the game, Wonderful winning out over willpower to wait.

Played the prologue and the first operation so far. So, so good.

Couldn't make it past GAME earlier without going in to have a look.

I now own the game, Wonderful winning out over willpower to wait.

Played the prologue and the first operation so far. So, so good.

One of us, now.

I'm tempted to drop down the difficulty to easy. I die a lot and I keep getting consolation prizes. :'(

One of us, now.

I'm tempted to drop down the difficulty to easy. I die a lot and I keep getting consolation prizes. :'(

I'm going through on easy first, then I'll come back on normal and try for some better awards. I'm worried that I'll get too frustrated and not finish it if I play on normal from the start.

So far easy is plenty challenging enough.

I'm going through on easy first, then I'll come back on normal and try for some better awards. I'm worried that I'll get too frustrated and not finish it if I play on normal from the start.

So far easy is plenty challenging enough.

I've put it on easy and have just done another level/sublevel. I think it's where I'll end up spending most of the time, tbh.

The only downside seems to be that you'll get much less coils, I imagine. I love upgrading my shiiiiit.

Just noticed that I've spent 16 hours on this game...and I haven't even finished Operation 006 yet

W101 beat! :bouncy:

Managed it on Normal (aka Hard :heh:) the whole way through. :cool:

Words simply cannot describe how amazing the final stages of this game are. I've seen some crazy shit in my 25+ years of gaming, but this was just something else. :o

Platinum Games, you wonderful people... :bowdown:

Have unlocked Hard (aka Probably Impossible :heh:) difficulty now. I was going to do my second playthrough on Easy/Very Easy just to speed run it, but I'm too tempted to see how crazy Hard really is. :D

Had a quick go at the prologue, actually did better than I did on Normal! :heh:

Posted the result on the Miiverse community for it, although there was only 1 other post under that tag: :p

36e8.jpg

Well done Red

I'm still at the start of the game, next level is Op 1-C, tried to play some yesterday when I got home but Oisín and my nephew kept gettin in my way trying to draw on the gamepad so I just gave up and put in NintendoLand for them :heh:

I look forward to unlucking Hard mode :D

I can't imagine people playing this game using the right analogue stick to draw the objects. The touchscreen is so essential to this game.

I can't imagine people playing this game using the right analogue stick to draw the objects. The touchscreen is so essential to this game.

I use the right stick...it's quicker. Though sometimes, if something isn't drawing right, I switch to gamepad...mostly for Unite Glider

I use the right stick...it's quicker. Though sometimes, if something isn't drawing right, I switch to gamepad...mostly for Unite Glider

It doesn't make sense to use the stick to me. I tried using it to draw a circle or the gun and thought :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead.

I wonder if being a lefty gives me a massive advantage with this game, since I can draw it in with the left hand and confirm it with...whatever button it is. A? on the right hand.