N-Europe

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Retro_Link

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case why it is listed as available on Steam already? Have I missed something here?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218680/

(didnt even know it was going to be on PC)

that's odd when I click your link I see it, but when I click it in steam I get:

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

Edit - I see, thats a US steam link

I'm intrigued by the fact that there's going to be a PC version. I had no idea!

I guess I don't have to choose between waiting until I get a Wii U or buying the (at least graphically) inferior 3DS version anymore.

Edit: Oh, it's already out in the US? Interesting...

I'm intrigued by the fact that there's going to be a PC version. I had no idea!

I guess I don't have to choose between waiting until I get a Wii U or buying the (at least graphically) inferior 3DS version anymore.

yeah the PC version has Steam workshop support, people have been uploading and sharing their created stuff already:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=218680

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching some Let's Play videos about this game and it seemed like it is a quirky little fun game. Although I don't know how long it can hold my attention. It might be just the girl that does the let's play that makes it entertaining though because she made a Funky Barn let's play that was enjoyable to watch as well.

I'm happy this has a release date now. I asked a friend in america to gift me the game over Steam so I already own it. I must have spent hours just messing around creating things and watching them interact with each other already, outside of finishing the main game. Being able to download other peoples creations and add them to the games library is awesome too.

v8fDl.jpg?1

^These are all other peoples creations I downloaded.

The main gameplay is pretty simple, you walk around meeting NPC's who mention that they need something/ can't reach something or need help. Its up to you to brainstorm and create items that you think would help them.

For each person you help out you earn a Starites, or a shard of a Starite. The more Starites you collect, the more areas you unlock in the game.

It lets you get pretty creative with things too, there was a girl with a cat stuck in a tree and wanted me to get it down. The obvious answer would be to make her a ladder but I could also just give her springy boots so she can jump up and grab the cat, or angel wings to fly up, or create a lumber jack and a chainsaw to cut the tree down. The game would of accepted any of those creations and the NPC or I could used them.

Edited by Helmsly

Does anybody know what the issue was with this that it already got a PC release overseas but not here? I remember Serebii saying slackza said he couldn't say and it was beyond their control, but I'm still curious as to what it was!

EDIT: Nevermind, need to read better.

Nintendo is publishing Scribblenauts...that explains the delay. The publisher backed out so they were screwed for launch

Just over here, or worldwide, or what?

Edited by Rummy

Does anybody know what the issue was with this that it already got a PC release overseas but not here? I remember Serebii saying slackza said he couldn't say and it was beyond their control, but I'm still curious as to what it was!

EDIT: Nevermind, need to read better.

Just over here, or worldwide, or what?

Just in Europe

Wondering if i should buy on PC or WiiU now, i have a few friends over in the states, might just ask them to gift it to me, folks have already started adding the exclusive Nintendo characters on their own by the looks of things. Why on earth wasnt this out at launch?