N-Europe

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Cube

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is IGN broken or is it actually supposed to look like that?

I wondered the same thing....not actually read a review on their main site for ages as usually use the mobile site on phone and was shocked when it appeared like that....

Anyway Giant Bomb's review also in;

http://www.giantbomb.com/need-for-speed-most-wanted/61-38497/reviews/

Slightly worrying quote here. Sure there is a huge emphasis on multiplayer but I the single player in burnout paradise as immense I played through it 3 times.

Ultimately, though, the real issue with the single-player is that it feels a little empty. The world feels small and lifeless. Aside from an announcer coming on and giving a speech that is deliberately similar to the one found in Burnout Paradise when you first start playing, the only other chatter you hear comes during police chases. But the police radio dialogue is almost immediately repetitive, adding the tedium I felt whenever the law got involved. On top of that, it isn't particularly long or in-depth, so unless you're bent on upgrading every car, you'll reach a million experience points and be able to complete the final Most Wanted race in around six or seven hours.

It's a shame that the single-player portion of Most Wanted isn't more exciting, but it's still pretty good because the handling makes the cars enjoyable to just drive around, regardless of what you're doing. But if you're looking for a solid, lengthy solo campaign from a driving game, this isn't what you're looking for. Most Wanted is a multiplayer-first game, and taken in that context, few games do it better than this.

Also bit more info on the Vita stuff;

It's also worth noting that Most Wanted might be the first game I've seen that justifies the existence of EA's Origin service, as it syncs your point total across all platforms, including the Vita version. This means that if you finish the game on one platform, you'll have enough points to immediately open the main races in single-player on another platform, but more importantly your multiplayer progress will carry over. I don't know that I'd recommend that people play the game on multiple platforms, but if you're planning on playing the portable version as well as its "big" counterpart, it's pretty cool to not have to unlock all those cars in both places.

I have some misgivings about this game...something seems a little off. A few of the things come down to it being a Need For Speed game and not a Burnout game I guess. Like the whole tone is a lot more serious....the lack of the announcer in the same way takes a way some of the fun aspect of things...it's replaced by police chatter which kind of becomes repetitive. Also no switching to show when you've taken down someone else. It just flashes up on screen saying takedown and how many experience points you've been assigned. It kind of takes some of the pleasure out of taking out a friend. The cops are an annoyance as well to be honest.

Also not sure about how you acquire vehicles simply by driving up to them and then being able to warp into the location where it sits is very odd. Being able to upgrade straight out of the dpad menu is cool.

I'm sure multiplayer fun will still be awesome but I think I would certainly have preferred a new Burnout game...

From what I've read - the singleplayer is good but the multiplayer is fantastic. Keep the faith flamey!

22853181.jpg

Oh I should have my copy tomorrow (can't wait).

Yeah I'm keeping the faith....just my initial impressions thats all. I'm sure once multiplayer is up and running I will be good. Hopefully enough of the old crew are picking it up like the Last Saved Loaded guys etc....I won't be using a head set all the time just because I live with the in laws now but when I am I'm looking forward to some fun times!

Yeah I'm keeping the faith....just my initial impressions thats all. I'm sure once multiplayer is up and running I will be good. Hopefully enough of the old crew are picking it up like the Last Saved Loaded guys etc....I won't be using a head set all the time just because I live with the in laws now but when I am I'm looking forward to some fun times!

Yeah I can't wait - I'll get in touch with Joey and the other Last Save Loaded guys to see if they are getting the game. Too bad you can't use mic all the time but dust off the PSEye so you can your pictured plastered all over billboards etc.

Gulp I wonder if @MATtheHAT will expose his arse on cam again? *shudders* :hmm:

_j3qm2f7g0WZeiu-kibE3w2.jpg

Yeah I can't wait - I'll get in touch with Joey and the other Last Save Loaded guys to see if they are getting the game. Too bad you can't use mic all the time but dust off the PSEye so you can your pictured plastered all over billboards etc.

Gulp I wonder if @MATtheHAT will expose his arse on cam again? *shudders* :hmm:

_j3qm2f7g0WZeiu-kibE3w2.jpg

Oh my god, I'd fucking erased that my mind only for it to be back in my mind again...I never expected that I would see someone at Eurogamer and then the year after see their arse!!!

Having just got back from the vets - had to put my dog to sleep after he took a turn for the worse this morning (He was 17) and decided to take rest of day off work. I came home to discover that Need For Speed Most Wanted had not been delivered despite being despatched yesterday morning. Talk about a shitty day eh?

Royal_Mail1.png

Took this pic before taking Sonny to the vets this morning.

A6nqiH5CAAAfMIU.jpg:large

Bye bye Sonny Gonna miss you.

Edited by Cookyman

Having just got back from the vets - had to put my dog to sleep after he took a turn for the worse this morning (He was 17) and decided to take rest of day off work. I came home to discover that Need For Speed Most Wanted had not been delivered despite being despatched yesterday morning. Talk about a shitty day eh?

Royal_Mail1.png

Took this pic before taking Sonny to the vets this morning.

A6nqiH5CAAAfMIU.jpg:large

Bye bye Sonny Gonna miss you.

Oh no :( I feel like I know Sonny, reminds me of us playing Burnout Paradise and Killzone 3 as you spoke to him. Sad times :( poor guy.

Sorry to hear that Cooky. Looks like a beautiful little guy. :(

Oh no :( I feel like I know Sonny, reminds me of us playing Burnout Paradise and Killzone 3 as you spoke to him. Sad times :( poor guy.

Thanks fellas - some kind words there.

Aaaaaannnnnyyyway - who's getting the game tomorrow - I should be if Royal Fail don't fuck up again! :angry:

Really sorry about your dog Cookyman!

The advert gives me a boner but I just got Halo 4. :(
Whaaaat? Since when are you an Xbox gamer... let alone a Halo gamer!

This does look really great, but I might hold off for the Wii U version, and also hear a few more thoughts and impressions of the game.

Spent a few hours on this today. I'm loving it so far. The city is amazing, the controls feel great and there's a lot to do. I know I'm going to be a completionist with this game, so the singleplayer alone will last me a very long time. The mods for the car actually do make quite a bit of difference and I lot of it is more to do with preference - I prefer lighter cars with faster acceleration so I can move most of the cars over to that if I want.

For the "5 events per car"...I actually like it. Usually in racing games I tend to only play with quite a small amount of cars because I get used to two or three. This method encourages you to get used to every single car in the game - especially if you want all the best upgrades. The events so far are great, too. The races are much more planned out than Paradise - full of checkpoints rather than "head to X" - the city has been designed for this rather than the simpler layout of Paradise City. The events also take full advantage of the off-road sections. One of my Ford Focus events was an amazing 3-lap circuit around an aeroplane graveyard, with some very sharp turns and cliffs that you could fall off.

I only tried a bit of multiplayer, but it was brilliant. The playset that the host chose was mostly races. The way they start (a timer counts down when the last person gets there) is quite interesting, and on top of that you can actually start before the countdown finishes, but if you go to far you'll go past the first checkpoint before it's activated, meaning you have to turn around. One hectic race was a very small figure eight track.

I know I'm going to be spending a very long time playing this game.