NEurope
Mokong

Sony Press Conference (4th June in LA/5th June in Europe))

Last of Us was the only good thing in the entire show. I was expecting such good things from Sony considering their situation, but that was just disappointing.

RIP Vita, they just didnt give you any time what so ever.

Vita is truly finished. Can't believ thu didn't give it a push. I'm having fun with it, but really, it's pbably the poorest co sole I've ever bought. I was positive Sony would fix it at e3... It's in absolutely massive trouble.

Playstation smash looks awful. God of war doesn't interest me; but I'm well excited for Last of us and Beyond!!

Now bed!! Oh, hang on. Starswars 1313 trailer. Sleep is for pussies anyway!!

That was boring. They've got the Harry Potter spell game though, so they've secured themselves a money maker. Good for them, I guess.

Seriously though, not a good time for current console gaming if this and yesterday is the best Sony and Microsoft have to make a song and dance about.

Last of Us looks good, but didn't get a smile out of me. So far, nothing at E3 has.

That was an amazing press conference! Completely blew Microsofts conference out of the water! Nintendo really need to pull off something very special to beat that...

The lack of new Vita titles was really quite surprising given it's lacklustre launch period. To be honest, given it was on for an hour and half, it realy didn't feel like that covered that much though I suspect the bloated presentation for the wonder(why you are bothering)book needlessly inflated the time.

The deal with HTC almost seems to be like an admittance from Sony that even they know they make (mostly) crap phones.

That was an amazing press conference!

Did we just watch the same thing or is my sarcasm detector broke again?

It was functional but not much more. For every great bit there was something crap. And anything looks brilliant next to the MS conference.

Edited by Captain Falcon
Automerged Doublepost

Sony had pacing issues again this year. They spend far too much time with each game. The slows the conference down to a crawl. :weep:

The Last of Us looks amazing and I'm certainly interested in Beyond, but overall that was a rubbish presentation. I'm also pretty sure they could have made it 30 minutes shorter if you took out every utterance of "experience".

Hopefully there will be some good post-conference reveals.

Did we just watch the same thing or is my sarcasm detector broke again?

It was functional but not much more. For every great bit there was something crap. And anything looks brilliant next to the MS conference.

Honestly, I liked it! There were some great reveals, they showed some new interesting footage for upcoming games, and a few cool new features. More than anything else, I liked the fact that Sony actually kept to the point, and showed off some big titles as well.

My expectations of the E3 conferences were minimal, so I feel that Sony delivered a great presentation.

Honestly, I liked it! There were some great reveals, they showed some new interesting footage for upcoming games, and a few cool new features. More than anything else, I liked the fact that Sony actually kept to the point, and showed off some big titles as well.

My expectations of the E3 conferences were minimal, so I feel that Sony delivered a great presentation.

They must be very low indeed. I thought Sony did a decent job last year but this was a far weaker performance. Normally, Sony show more games than MS and Nintendo combined with frequent montage clips of upcoming titles but there was none of that this time. Instead, they showed us a sodding book for 20mins.

Did we all just watch the same conference? How did Vita get nothing when it got CoD, smash bros, Assassin's Creed, PS1 classics... CoD by itself will lift it.

The ps3 games shown were fantastic imo, The Last of Us and Beyond are way above what anyone else is going to show, and new ips. I also happen to adore GoW.

Really need sleep and up early :(

Did we all just watch the same conference? How did Vita get nothing when it got CoD, smash bros, Assassin's Creed, PS1 classics... CoD by itself will lift it.

The ps3 games shown were fantastic imo, The Last of Us and Beyond are way above what anyone else is going to show, and new ips. I also happen to adore GoW.

Really need sleep and up early :(

This. This is why I thought Sony's conference was great. I couldn't agree more.

They must be very low indeed. I thought Sony did a decent job last year but this was a far weaker performance. Normally, Sony show more games than MS and Nintendo combined with frequent montage clips of upcoming titles but there was none of that this time. Instead, they showed us a sodding book for 20mins.

Sure, they didn't show many games, but quality over quantity.

I actually like the Wonderbook concept too. The fact that such a big franchise, such as Harry Potter, is coming to Wonderbook is huge, so they'd obviously showcase it. It's something that's more impressive to see in action. Plus, the Spell Book is not the only book being translated to Wonderbook, so the possibilities are endless.

Edited by CoolFunkMan

CoD had zero footage for it, Smash Bros is also on the PS3 ( and Wii :D ) and PS1 classics are exactly that, classic games that we have played before. Assassin's Creed is the only game that was new, had footage and exclusive to the Vita, which is insane given the state of the Vita sales at this point.

I was really expecting Sony to focus on the Vita and give it the lift it needs with a host of new games announced and shown. Instead they decided to focus on a book for 20 minutes. :wtf:

COD might lift it, I just very much doubt anything else will do it any favours. It's as if Sony hasnt realised their angle of console experiences on the go doesnt seem to be working and that is shocking lack of games announced for a new system.

Battle Royale might fit the Vita but it depends on the price point. It really comes off as a budget title to me..

Assassins Creed, will people buy a new system for a title that isnt apart of the main series? I personally think not but who knows. Same for the PS1 classics. It'll please current owners, but will it convince those who havent picked a Vita up yet?

I'm just absolutely shocked at how long they dragged their heels for the conference. Long ass WUBWUB intro, running through numbers as if it were a desperate cry for investors, GOD KNOWS HOW FUCKING LONG ON THAT SHITTY MAGIC GAME... At one moment I thought that for once Microsoft might actually have more games until I realised I had forgotten about God of War 4 and The Last of Us.

I think this might be the year where a regular publisher snatches my favourite conference. Microsoft keeps on dragging out their out dated technology as long as possible.. Sony almost forgets it had a new system released this year.. Also, March is the new November apparently.

It's not so much what they said as how they said it, really.

Wonderbook is a good announcement for them but they spent far too long on it. A trailer would have sufficed for GoWA, as with FarCry 3. The All-Stars demonstration was entirely superfluous; saying CrossPlay was in would have been enough. On the flipside there was a lot of telling instead of showing, most notably Black Ops: Declassified.

Bloody awful showing. The Microsoft show was better, it actually showed more than two games I want and it didnt spend a 1000 fucking years on something called Wonderbook that will fucking flop. The Last of Us was okish, it very much felt like a slower paced Uncharted with a health bar. And jesus the less said about Beyond the better, one long cutscene with shit acting.

Ubisoft are still king right now and Nintendo will really have to go out of their way to be worse than MS, Sony and EA.

Oh and

0vIux.png

What I'd love to know is what's happened to The Last Guardian?!

Looks like it was disappointing, though my love of the Assassin's Creed franchise may mean I have to buy a Vita now...

Ahahaha! I'm so glad I didn't bother to stay up for what sounded like it was an absolute trainwreck of a show with The Last of Us being the only 'survivor' as it were... :p

... now to go and watch the new trailer for it and ready my body for Nintendo's conference! :D

Ahahaha! I'm so glad I didn't bother to stay up for what sounded like it was an absolute trainwreck of a show with The Last of Us being the only 'survivor' as it were... :p

... now to go and watch the new trailer for it and ready my body for Nintendo's conference! :D

Hang on... we DID have Beyond as well which looked fantastic. So what, Ellen Page saved the Sony conference ::shrug:

Although as @Aimless pointed out there was stuff coming to the Vita, it was all "40 games" or an announcement of a game rather than a demonstration, bar the one, and that isn't what Sony needed to do to regain the confidence of people surrounding the system.

Is it possibly a Japanese saving face exercice? Nintendo have done similar things in the past, where they just refuse to mention the war.

Still though... two games that were actually worth seeing the conference for means that barely 15 mins of it was actually worth watching, personally I'd be pretty annoyed if I'd stayed up for that.

Still though... two games that were actually worth seeing the conference for means that barely 15 mins of it was actually worth watching, personally I'd be pretty annoyed if I'd stayed up for that.

I'm not annoyed, I just was disappointed. I didn't mind waking up for it either, its what E3 is all about. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I'm not annoyed, I just disappointed. I didn't mind waking up for it either, it what E3 is all about. :D

THAT's the spirit :santa:

I'm not annoyed, I just was disappointed. I didn't mind waking up for it either, its what E3 is all about. :D

Oh I agree, still though... just glad I saved myself some diappointment and gained an extra hour or two of sleep.

Is there a download or replay stream I can watch the conference?

Just waking up?

What happened?

EDIT:

Found it on gamespot

Edited by Mokong