Retro_Link

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

co-op trailer...

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

Watch -

Edited by Retro_Link

Thinking of getting this. Im a fan of MGS. Does this play similar?

Hmm well double agent was absolutely superb in terms of stealth, for me the finest stealth game ever, was amazing! Conviction was still really good, but felt a lot more action orientated to me, so this could go either way, but I still reckon will be a great game.

Plus if any online elements to it you have to get it, team GIMP sneaking about through levels, knocking things over, shooting each other and alerting enemies left right and centre ;)

Thinking of getting this. Im a fan of MGS. Does this play similar?

For me, as far as stealth goes, Splinter Cell pisses all over Metal Gear! I love the stealth aspect in the Splinter Cell games, its very well done.

Sorry, I was talking about Blacklist, but she said that you'll be able to do everything "in a non-lethal way", so presumably you will still need to knock people out.

To be fair, that's usually how I play stealth games.

I heard there was an on-stage demo of Splinter Cell at the Comic Con MCM Expo in London so did a search on YT and found it! Apparently it's a build from January and there is a newer one with new additions, but, this shows some new features.

They're half an hour each and I haven't watched them so I don't know if there's any spoilers.

Watch part 1 -

Watch part 2 -

• 1 month later...

Sounds really good. More at the link with screens.

So, with the GamePad, Blacklist isn't merely on par with the other consoles, but shaping up to be even better. "In the Wii U version of Blacklist we are taking full advantage of the hardware to really show off the details in our game, particularly with light and shadow, a core element of all Splinter Cell games," Jun tells us. "Also, it's the first time with a Nintendo console that we can offer an online multiplayer experience on par with the other consoles. It's an exciting challenge to design with two screens in mind and make them equally useful."

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/51666/previews/splinter-cell-blacklist-preview/?page=1

image_57697_thumb_wide610.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just pre ordered from Amazon, couldn't find any special prices so £39.99 for me. I. Can't. Wait!!

Also anyone order with Amazon and get their games early at all? Heard some of you guys do with Shopto etc, what's it like with amazon? First time I've ordered a new game online, usually a retail guy myself, but no choice as I hope to get it early to play it before I go away on the weekend it's launched!

Not sure about Wiimote support @kav82 you picking this up too? Agree about the online co-op, again some negative stories about how its not the full experience...balls to that, online co-op is much better than off line, really glad we are getting that!

I will be, I've got my copy pre-ordered... along with W101 too.

Couldnt give two shits about offline co-op. Good decision.

Yeah neither could I, just like I don't give a shit about the multiplayer in the new Batman game. However, that's not the point. The point is it's just another Wii U game that doesn't have all the options and game modes as the other versions. It's not on.

You can get it a lot cheaper here:

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/splinter-cell-blacklist/10798893.html

Yeah neither could I, just like I don't give a shit about the multiplayer in the new Batman game. However, that's not the point. The point is it's just another Wii U game that doesn't have all the options and game modes as the other versions. It's not on.

You can get it a lot cheaper here:

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/splinter-cell-blacklist/10798893.html

But it's not Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist™ - Upper Echelon Edition

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!