Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hero\-of\-Time

Its all about having a laugh and a bit of fun with your mates.

You just know it that when I first get on it I will accidently blow us all up on accident after panicing and pressing the wrong button! Haha!

I traded this in around two months ago, we've had loads of fun playing locally and co-op online, of course, not to forget the games I've had with other N-E peeps.

The GamePad use was excellent. The quality wasn't compromised either, unlike some others Wii U games.

Anyway, no controller faffing for me. I'm perfectly happy with Pro Controller/GamePad controls. Very comfortable.

Will this have WiiMote support?

Ghosts should definitely have Wii mote controls. Black Ops II had an excellent variety of control schemes.

• Wimote + nunchuk
  • Wii Classic Controller
  • Wii Classic Controller Pro
  • Wii U GamePad
  • Wii U Pro Controller

People complaining about the shotguns and saying people shouldn't use them are the same as people kicking off over the use of the Famas in BO. If the gun is good, it's going to get used. The shotgun isn't too overpowered any more.

That's rubbish.

Firstly, the Famas is one gun. The shotguns are an entire class of weapons. Secondly, the shotguns are mainly one hit kill weapons at an indeterminable range. The Famas always allowed for reaction time and as there wasn't as many connection problems it didn't have the same effect on the game. What's more, there were several guns that were just as effective as the Famas including the AUG and several SMGs when rapid fire was used.

The shotgun is the noob tube of BO2, that's why people don't noob tube any more, they have shotguns instead.

@Hero\-of\-Time

Its all about having a laugh and a bit of fun with your mates.

You just know it that when I first get on it I will accidently blow us all up on accident after panicing and pressing the wrong button! Haha!

Absolutely.

I look forward to being shot in the back off you. :D

@Hero\-of\-Time, what did the numbers look like when you played? I'm talking about average users you saw online while playing. Same as before?

I expect the user-base to grow when Ghosts releases though.

Nah, it had gone up. People were actually playing Kill Confirmed!!! On Saturday there were 3,000 users online but then that may have been because it was double exp this weekend.

That's rubbish.

Firstly, the Famas is one gun. The shotguns are an entire class of weapons. Secondly, the shotguns are mainly one hit kill weapons at an indeterminable range. The Famas always allowed for reaction time and as there wasn't as many connection problems it didn't have the same effect on the game. What's more, there were several guns that were just as effective as the Famas including the AUG and several SMGs when rapid fire was used.

The shotgun is the noob tube of BO2, that's why people don't noob tube any more, they have shotguns instead.

Only 2 shotguns are a 1-hit kill out to any sort of range, the other 2 will require multiple shots in most cases.

Only 2 shotguns are a 1-hit kill out to any sort of range, the other 2 will require multiple shots in most cases.

There's the KSG and the one with the ammo down the barrel - then there's that multiple shot one as well. They are fucked.

Also, the only people whoever complain about ARs and SMGs are dick heads who run around shouting crap like "you don't even snipe". People with that attitude are part of the cancer that has killed COD.

I am well aware it is a game and things like sniping have to be simplified in order to provide a fun experience, but there's no way on earth would anyone be able to bring up a sniper rifle and centre their scope for a perfect shot before another guy had done the same with an AR and put them down. People complaining about ARs and SMGs.

Equally, a shotgun might be useful for a room clearance or something in an extremely confined space, but at medium range against an AR or SMG it shouldn't stand a chance.

The shotguns and sniper rifles performing the way they do is all part of the compression of the skills gap and making everything so similar that there's no weapon or play style differentiation.

That video made me literally hahahahaha!!!

I look forward to @Zechs Merquise raging at me when I do it.

You should get BO2 on the cheap and see what you think before you get Ghosts. That way you won't be an utter retard at the new one :)

You should get BO2 on the cheap and see what you think before you get Ghosts. That way you won't be an utter retard at the new one :)

In order to avoid pissing people off I know I ought to.

Ive got a massive backlog of games to get through though plus theres a few more I wanna get before Ghosts gets released that I probably wont have the time to play it even if i got it anyway.

Plus hardly anyone is on it anymore. So I might as well wait and get the new one in a few months time :)

@lostmario. No i havent

I would seriously recommend you pick up Black Ops 2 otherwise you are going to struggle on Ghosts at first and as its a team game, we'll need your "A" game.

I don't mind playing Black Ops 2 again to help you get used to it, as I'm sure Kav & Zechs won't mind either.

So much pressure to be good here... Aren't we allowed to be crap and just have fun :)

Blops 2 is £20 and it's a good game, I'll be up for some games too if you do get it, but with ghosts only a few months away and lots of games coming out now, it's probably not the wisest purchase you could make.

So much pressure to be good here... Aren't we allowed to be crap and just have fun :)

Of course you can. Like I said before, I just run around the map like a mad man and care not for my K/D ratio. I'm just all about the running and gunning and generally having a laugh. I really don't care if I get beat, I just want to have fun. :yay:

Playing as a clan is a different story though. You have to work as a team and approach the maps in a certain way to dominate the match. I don't really care for this method as I find it less fun but others seem to enjoy it though.

Personally, I prefer to play games as friends rather than a clan but then that's just me.

I would seriously recommend you pick up Black Ops 2 otherwise you are going to struggle on Ghosts at first and as its a team game, we'll need your "A" game.

I don't mind playing Black Ops 2 again to help you get used to it, as I'm sure Kav & Zechs won't mind either.

Cheers mate.

Have you seen it anywhere cheap in Sheff Lost or is online the way to go?

We will get together online and help him out. I am up to prestige 5 now, would've been 7, nearly 8 with the progress from my other account.

I've also been playing off screen to get used to dual analog controls for Splinter Cell. If there's 3 decent players who want to join me at Spies Vs Mercs I'd be up for some multiplayer goodness!

Edited by Zechs Merquise

I've also been playing off screen to get used to dual analog controls for Splinter Cell. If there's 3 decent players who want to join me at Spies Vs Mercs I'd be up for some multiplayer goodness!

Yes, yes I would! The weekend it's out I've got to go house hunting with the lady friend (very unfortunate timing) after that just call me Sam!

Cheers mate.

Have you seen it anywhere cheap in Sheff Lost or is online the way to go?

No, went to Meadowhall at weekend, game didn't even have it in stock..

Playing as a clan is a different story though. You have to work as a team and approach the maps in a certain way to dominate the match. I don't really care for this method as I find it less fun but others seem to enjoy it though.

We played for 2 years on the Wii with an incredible win/loss record. We were pretty much unbeatable at times. I would say its more fun playing tactically as a team than running around individually doing your own thing.

Unfortunately with Black Ops 2, you can't play like that as there will always be one player out of sync with everyone else on the other team who'll go through the whole team leaving your tactics in ruins.

Ah memories, it was a joy to play with the clan back then, we had Mokong telling us his life story every night, Zechs ranting and Welsh doing his impressions.. Good times.. Good times.

I think if you had played with us on Black Ops & MW3 you would think differently. Think the N-E brotherhood with guns.

I traded this in around two months ago, we've had loads of fun playing locally and co-op online, of course, not to forget the games I've had with other N-E peeps.

The GamePad use was excellent. The quality wasn't compromised either, unlike some others Wii U games.

Anyway, no controller faffing for me. I'm perfectly happy with Pro Controller/GamePad controls. Very comfortable.

Ghosts should definitely have Wii mote controls. Black Ops II had an excellent variety of control schemes.

• Wimote + nunchuk
  • Wii Classic Controller
  • Wii Classic Controller Pro
  • Wii U GamePad
  • Wii U Pro Controller

What does the GamePad screen actually do? Is it used for a map or a bit more than that? Can you use the Wiimote as well as the GamePad (like in Pikmin where you use the Wiimote for movement but the touchscreen for a map)

You can do Off-TV play with the GamePad.

You can use the GamePad screen as a map while playing with the Wiimote + Nunchuk.

You can also change settings and weapon classes during gameplay too.

Hmm...fuck. That's pretty much what I want. Being able to use the Wiimote + Nunchuk for precision, whilst also being able to use the GamePad and without the need for dual analogue controls.

Never played a CoD game before.