NEurope
Murr

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

16 Master Chiefs and Timber the Tiger.

If it's Kinect compatible and has Skittles in the roster, the gaming world would implode. Every one will buy it because they're just such fucking good ideas.

OK, this video is from some of the more extremist Nintendo fans out there, but you cannot argue with most of what they're saying. Personally, I think this is an embarrassing move by Sony, and it's so desperate and grabbing I think they will regret ever making it.

It's a massive statement that they're done, they're out of ideas, and they're desperate. Sony fans should be embarrassed and should stand up and let Sony know before they sink any lower.

Also agree with other comments about Power Stone. That game was legendary on the DC and it's just been sat there going begging ever since. Sony could have took that and made it their own. Who is making decisions at Sony? This is a bad mistake and has more implications than I think people know. Words.. mark'em..

Oh LAWL. Ha. This is....just lawl.

Saw this on GoNintendo. From the office of the developers of it

1335546505955.jpg

Not sure whether to laugh or sigh

Lol, that's a Wii in the background.

Not overly thrilled about the game. Most games I have played on PS, and the ones I like the most, aren't made by Sony.

It looks a bit weird too, why do everyone have this shining outlining?

Without the shiny outlining, the more "realistic" characters would merge with the "realistic" backgrounds.

Lol, that's a Wii in the background.

Not overly thrilled about the game. Most games I have played on PS, and the ones I like the most, aren't made by Sony.

It looks a bit weird too, why do everyone have this shining outlining?

Considering interviews state that the development studio was created for this game, it certainly is curious

I think the shiny outline indicates that you can activate a super move.

7117662167_2e76e090b2_c.jpg

So in this example, since Fat Princess and Colonel Radec haven't filled their super gauge enough to activate a super move, they don't have that shiny outline. I guess you could say it's similar to when somebody grabs a Smash Ball in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which causes the character to emit a fiery aura.

-----

The Super Smash Bros. series has had its fair share of imitators. Some are completely shameless copies, such as Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up, whilst a few of them, such as the Japan only Jump Ultimate Stars, try to change the formula a little more (in this example's case, by battling with customised decks consisting of Battle, Support and Help Komas). So, does PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale do anything to differentiate itself from the series it draws inspiration from?

Well from what I've gathered, the gameplay doesn’t involve trying to knock your opponents off the stage (and from the stages revealed so far, it is actually impossible to do). Players don’t even have a health bar. Instead, beating up opponents fills your super gauge, which allows you to perform one of three super moves, depending on how many bars you’ve filled with this gauge (you can also fill the gauge by collecting glowing white orbs that spawn around the stages, known as AP). More bars filled means gaining access to moves with greater opportunities to kill multiple opponents. All of these super moves are one-shot KOs, and appear to be the only way you can actually kill your opponents.

Is it different enough then? Perhaps. They've at least tried to do more than lazily change cumulative damage to a health bar. However, I believe that super moves being the only way to defeat your opponents is going to be problematic to the game's potential enjoyment. It's not the only problem I have with the game either, but thoughts like these are perhaps a bit premature, and I think I've rambled on for long enough for now. Once E3 comes around, I think we'll have a more solid idea about what to expect from this game.

As a side note, if I can't hear Stephen Fry in the LittleBigPlanet level I'm going to be bitterly disappointed. =P

Well from what I've gathered, the gameplay doesn’t involve trying to knock your opponents off the stage (and from the stages revealed so far, it is actually impossible to do). Players don’t even have a health bar. Instead, beating up opponents fills your super gauge, which allows you to perform one of three super moves, depending on how many bars you’ve filled with this gauge (you can also fill the gauge by collecting glowing white orbs that spawn around the stages, known as AP). More bars filled means gaining access to moves with greater opportunities to kill multiple opponents. All of these super moves are one-shot KOs, and appear to be the only way you can actually kill your opponents.

I now have zero interest in this game.

I really don't like the 'realistic' characters... same as I didn't like Snake in Smash Bros.

I think the game would be getting somewhat of a better reception if it had been shown with the likes of Rachet, Clank, Jak, Dexter and Crash etc... along with Sly and... oh well that's it(?), but still.

I dunno, maybe then it would have been seen as even more of a copy.

Im not bitter that they copied Smash Bros, im bitter that they copied Smash Bros instead of Street Fighter IV

I now have zero interest in this game.

Word. Although I had very minute interest before the news.

The whole thing is just a notch insipid isn't it?

In other news in celebration of the announcement of offers on games that include the characters;

Quote:

PS3 Content

God of War HD

Was €17.99/£13.99/AUS$27.95 – Now €13.99/£10.99/AUS$21.95

God of War II HD

God of War: Chains of Olympus

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

God of War Collection

Was €29.99/£23.99/AUS$49.95 – Now €22.99/£15.99/AUS$29.95

God of War Collection Volume II

Was €29.99/£23.99/AUS$49.95 – Now €22.99/£15.99/AUS$29.95

Kratos Pack (Modnation Racing)

Was €1.75/£1.49/AUS$2.95 – Now €0.89/£0.75/AUS$1.25

Kratos Costume – (LittleBigPlanet)

Was €1.99/£1.59/AUS$3.45 – Now €0.99/£0.79/AUS$ 1.75

Kratos – (Everybodys Golf)

Was €0.99/£0.79/AUS$1.75 – Now €0.49/£0.40/AUS$0.90

Killzone 3 Multiplayer

Was €0.00/£0.00/AUS$0.00 – Now €0.00/£0.00/AUS$0.00 (Yes that’s correct, it costs €0.00!)

The Sly Trilogy

Was €24.99/£19.99/AUS$39.95 – Now €12.99/£9.99/AUS$19.95

Sly Raccoon

Was €9.99/£7.99/AUS$15.95 – Now €4.99/£3.99/AUS$8.45

Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves

Sly Cooper Pack – (ModNation Racing)

Was €1.75/£1.49/AUS$2.95 – Now €0.89/£0.75/AUS$1.25

Fat Princess

Fat Princess: Supersize Anniversary Bundle

Was €14.99/£11.99/AUS$23.95 – Now €7.99/£6.49/AUS$12.95

Sweet Tooth Pack – (ModNation Racing)

Was € 1.75/£1.49/AUS$2.95 – Now €0.89/£0.75/AUS$1.25

PSP

Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake

Was €7.99/£6.49/AUS$12.95 – Now €3.99/£3.19/AUS$6.95

PSOne

Twisted Metal

Was €4.99/£3.99/AUS$8.45 – Now €2.99/£2.39/AUS$4.95

The biggest thing is that Killzone 3 Multiplayer is now completely free to download and play! Which is awesome..

I think that Snake fit in well enough into the Smash Bros world, but in this the realistic characters just look a bit weird. So far in the trailers, the gameplay has appeared a little chaotic and imprecise, a bit like the Digimon Rumble Arena games. The fact that the only way to beat your opponents is to get the specials really doesn't seem like a good game mechanic. It feels like they were trying to distance themselves from Smash Bros a little and messed up.

But I think the main reason I don't like this game is that I absolutely love Super Smash Bros, and if my friends want to play this yoke all the time instead I'm going to be disappointed.

One thing I'm curious:

Will both this and Sly be available for digital downloads (one cost for both versions) straight away at a reasonable price?

Sly won't be. It' not one version for both. Dunno about SSB.

Wasn't impressed with this at E3 presentation however this trailer is very nicely done and the more 3rd party characters they add the better - I never expected to see a Big Daddy in this.

Tbh, I thought this looked way better than I thought it would. Looked tight. Think I'll skip the PS3 version and just get the Vita one.

Tbh, I thought this looked way better than I thought it would.

Same here. Might wait for a price drop, though.

This game epitomises exactly what Sony lacks compared to Nintendo. The lack of basically any charm towards any of the characters is pretty depressing.

Completely agree, which is why the game looks bad.

Although to be fair, most great games on Sony consoles have been third party, so (mostly) Sony franchises don't really lend themselves to an all star fighter. Nintendo have characters with heaps of charm but really poor third party support, so in the grand scheme of things it probably balances out.

Edited by Sheikah

I feel like those people saying mamamama Sony don't have the same breadth of characters and they aren't charming are kind of missing the boat. Sony has a back catalogue of far more zany crazy and dark characters to my mind. Just because they aren't a part of this more "unified" universe doesn't mean that this will be any less a quality title.

I disagree. Smash Bros was dripping with charm, this just looks untoward. Comic fantasy violence has to be funny, and whereas 'serious' characters like Snake slotted in perfectly due to their dry charisma, there is nothing funny about Radec, not least because the entire Killzone series is fucking dire. Of course they'll try to instil some personality into the prick, but it'll be so blatant that I'll probably kill someone afterwards.

It does look better than what I was expecting. It's frenetic and vibrant at least. The omission of Smash's trademark finishing mechanic is a glaring oversight though as it was clearly the most gratifying thing about those games. Did the developer suddenly experience a pang of guilt late on in its creation and think 'well we need to change something, otherwise they might notice'.

Nintendo has that extra vital advantage of history.

Edited by dwarf

I feel like those people saying mamamama Sony don't have the same breadth of characters and they aren't charming are kind of missing the boat. Sony has a back catalogue of far more zany crazy and dark characters to my mind. Just because they aren't a part of this more "unified" universe doesn't mean that this will be any less a quality title.

I don't think I'm missing the point at all. Not only are most of the characters pretty dull/uncharismatic/couldn't care less by Smash Brothers standards, they simply don't look like they all belong together in a game. It looks like a poor man's Smash, and given my enthusiasm for Smash has mostly drained over the many years I think it's very unlikely I'd get this.

If Sony had managed to secure far more characters from better games like Final Fantasy then it might be a different story. But then such a game already exists in the form of Dissidia, so S-E probably wouldn't want to loan their characters out for another fighter.

S-E probably wouldn't want to loan their characters out for another fighter.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. From the company has a gatling-gun approach to remakes and cross overs (Hai, Altair and Mass Effect DLC).

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. From the company has a gatling-gun approach to remakes and cross overs (Hai, Altair and Mass Effect DLC).

Oh sure, they'll put other people's game stuff into theirs to bring in the cash, but they're that big a company that they can quite easily make their own beat 'em up using their own characters (hence, they already have done). For that reason I think it's less likely they'd loan their characters out to a different fighter not produced by them, especially since the Dissidia series has two titles so far and may well be continued.

I mean, they've had plenty of chance already to throw their characters into Soul Calibur or Smash but they haven't. No one's saying they won't throw characters into it, just I think given what I've said it's less than likely.