N-Europe

Shenmue HD

Happenstance

I came home from work tired, saw this thread and automatically thought this had been confirmed. I let out a little inner "yessssss!" and now I feel a little empty inside.

Shouldn't have let out that inner "yesssss!", then your insides wouldn't be so empty now.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

So many are going to be disappointed by the Switch.

Is that really worthy of such an over reaction? With a remaster Sega will be looking to get this on every platform they can in order to maximise profitability so it's not completely out of the realms of possibility to expect it on Switch alongside PS4 and Xbox One. Shenmue 1 & 2 remasters on the Switch would be a nice bonus for me but aren't factoring into my expectations for the console at all.

Is that really worthy of such an over reaction? With a remaster Sega will be looking to get this on every platform they can in order to maximise profitability so it's not completely out of the realms of possibility to expect it on Switch alongside PS4 and Xbox One. Shenmue 1 & 2 remasters on the Switch would be a nice bonus for me but aren't factoring into my expectations for the console at all.

I am excited it for it too but as a system that is hopefully nothing like the PS4. Which is what it seems so far based on facts we know.

How exactly does a Switch port factor into 'Profitability' for SEGA? Whilst yes some ports did ok on the WiiU I doubt many were doing well enough.

I am excited it for it too but as a system that is hopefully nothing like the PS4. Which is what it seems so far based on facts we know.

How exactly does a Switch port factor into 'Profitability' for SEGA? Whilst yes some ports did ok on the WiiU I doubt many were doing well enough.

It's just an assumption on my part as to how Sega think, just as a way of maximising their money making opportunities. I'm not expecting there to be a physical release on any platform so that would minimise the cost to Sega if they ported it to the Switch.

It's just an assumption on my part as to how Sega think, just as a way of maximising their money making opportunities. I'm not expecting there to be a physical release on any platform so that would minimise the cost to Sega if they ported it to the Switch.

I doubt they and most 3rd parties will make their investments back. The sequel was raised via kick starter after all!

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...