N-Europe

DIY Mafia: Reality vs Fiction

The Peeps

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if you were a mafia member you may make a short post. Although that could be your intention to appear town if you give a long post (Classic Mafia Tactic :p), we won't know for now anyway :(.

And let's say you are mafia, having people question Rummy (who may not be mafia) is instantly a bonus. Although if it's the other way around that'd be sexy for all concerned.

Well, now you're just clutching at straws :p

Ah, sadly I don't have your luxury of people not being able to guess my power if they knew my role. So it'd be dangerous for myself at this moment. But don't let that stop you.

Interesting... well, you've just painted a massive target on yourself anyway, so good luck!

Ftr, I've been St Patricks Daying.

If a massclaim on day 1 ends with a town win, it's a broken game.

Oddly I don't think either description quite fits me at all. Didn't see you admitting the roleblock, only skimmed thread, sorry about that. Am at work submitting renders :(

I don't know, I agree with what Dohnut's saying on it, but it assumes everybody co-operates and claims true. When the disputes come though, who's right/wrong? I don't believe it's an automatic town win, though I DID imply what he assumed in my post, and I might come to this shortly.

At everyone talking about the mass claim....

I wasn't saying we should ever do it (some people would undoubtedly disagree with the plan anyway, so it would never actually work) but if everyone claimed their character (not their power) it would undoubtedly help the town. ESPECIALLY in this game. I very much doubt that anyone could guess my power if I came out with my role, so it wouldn't make me any more of a target. Obviously if an investigator made a full roleclaim on the first day that would be stupid.

I also don't think it would ruin or break the game. All people would be claiming is characters, not powers. It would just force the mafia to start lying, or start giving the town information about their roles, from the very start.

Anyway, this is a discussion for the Mafia General Discussion thread, not in this game. Let's move it there to talk about it further!

Oh and @EEVILMURRAY my point still stands. You ignored a huge part of my post to make a point that wasn't even relevant. So there :p

It's semantics and pedantics, but your original point was in response to my original point, which was full roleclaims, not just character claims. It looks like reneging on a previous point. Means basically nothing, but that is how it looks; twisting things to you own end. I also don't see why we should move the point on to mafia general, it seems relevant to here now. What did EEVIL ignore btw?

I just said I couldn't target people. You're saying I am suspicious because I made one small statement about not being able to target people for four nights.

Did you?

That's why I said "almost". You may have given information now but you've now given yourself a shield where you don't have to do anything for next few nights.

I would've quote the whole lot and add the same comment but I was saving people scrolling through it all again when all I needed was a few key points.

I'm afraid I have nothing of tangible usage, but I suspect mr-paul may be a Townie.

Sort of touches on the point I said I might address; what if you're mafia Dohnut? I understand putting information out there, but you're almost asking who did whatever they did to you. If someone could cripple you so much if they did, and you were mafia, would you or would you not wish to know?

Interesting... well, you've just painted a massive target on yourself anyway, so good luck!

Awesome. My problems are my own. Now since you've said you don't mind revealing your character (as your power won't be guessable) and it's been requested at least twice, will you actually getting round to doing so?

I'll do a Dohnut and request protection tonight.

Haha I seem to be rubbing people up the wrong way. I'm not sure how the discussion about a mass claim makes me look evil in this game, I was talking about it as a general part of mafia games rather than this game in particular. That's why I thought it belonged in Gen Discussion, as clearly it's not going to happen in this game but I would be interesting to discuss more. I just don't want fill up the thread with the discussion and derail the day. So let's just stop it in here and talk about this game specifically! And I wasn't twisting my point, I considered your points and realised you were - and a full roleclaim would be dangerous. Character claims wouldn't be dangerous, but would make the mafia reveal info about themselves.

@Rummy - in my first post of the day (I think? Might have been the second) I said what had happened to me last night. I was attacked twice and I now cannot target anyone until night 4.

At both Rummy and @EEVILMURRAY - you keep saying 'yeah but if you're mafia...'. Well yes, but what if I'm not? I'm out til night 4 after two attacks - do you think that there are two townies who can together take a player out for four nights? Unlikely. I know, I know. You're just going to say 'yeah but we don't know you're telling the truth'. Believe what you want but why would I just make this up and come out with it on the first day and attact so much attention, ESPECIALLY if I'm mafia?

As for my roleclaim, EEVIL, you seem quite desperate for it but aren't willing to give up anything yourself. I find that interesting. Reveal ONE TINY FACT about your character or role, and I'll tell you my exact character. I think that's more than fair.

I would also like to LOL at your little dig about 'doing a dohnut and requesting protection'. In the other game I requested protection after presenting info that lynched two mafia. So far, you've given us nothing apart from telling us that revealing yourself would make things dangerous to you. But, and I am paraphrasing some other players in this game when I say this, what if you're lying and are actually mafia?

It goes both ways, doesn't it? :p

@Rummy - in my first post of the day (I think? Might have been the second) I said what had happened to me last night. I was attacked twice and I now cannot target anyone until night 4.

At both Rummy and @EEVILMURRAY - you keep saying 'yeah but if you're mafia...'. Well yes, but what if I'm not? I'm out til night 4 after two attacks - do you think that there are two townies who can together take a player out for four nights? Unlikely. I know, I know. You're just going to say 'yeah but we don't know you're telling the truth'. Believe what you want but why would I just make this up and come out with it on the first day and attact so much attention, ESPECIALLY if I'm mafia?

Considering I know very little about the other powers in this game, I can't say it's impossible. If you're town, I see your point and you've made it, if you're mafia, you're looking to out somebody quite powerful to the town, and that's what it looks like to me whilst you're pushing the point quite hard, and as quoted above, can't even get your story straight. Until we have someone confirm what's happened to you I'm going to Vote:Nintendohnut.

Forgot to have this one in too /tenten

I made one small statement about not being able to target people for four nights.

Oh for fucks sake Rummy. I am out until night four. Aplogies for getting my maths wrong by one day. To clarify for about the millionth time, I CANNOT TARGET ANYONE UNTIL NIGHT FOUR. I'm sorry I got confused and said I couldn't target anyone for four nights, but I was clear in my first post and have explained it a number of times, it was a simple mistake on my part.

Also - why do you trust EEVIL so much more than me? How do you know for sure he's a powerful townie? Why is me questioning him SO MUCH MORE SUSPICIOUS than him questioning me? I'm the only one in this game so far who has come forward with so much information. I explained why I was doing so, I gave everything I could, and then two players who refuse to reveal anything about themselves are accusing me or being a mafia member? Good god.

Is anyone else getting the same feeling that we did in Yvonne's Vanilla Mafia? Rummy accusing and voting for me day one, then everyone voting for him.... Then at the end both of us turning out good and the whole thing had just been a massive waste of time and effort? How about this Rummy - you have absolutely no evidence on me at all. All you have is some random argument we had about something unrelated to this specific game (well, that's what I thought it was but apparently it's part of your reason for voting for me) and the fact that I got some maths wrong (which I have now clarified). Oh! And the fact that me and EEVIL want each other to reveal something about our characters (and that somehow makes me look evil and him look good? Don't get this part). How about we forget about this for today and move on to some other leads until someone has some actual information about me. I will stop making long posts and asking EEVIL to reveal something about his suspicious character. Deal?

I am becoming extremely bored of this pointless discussion, if that is not obvious.

the mafia would have to come up with some that sounded innocent and then maintain their story through the whole game - a tough ask!

We're on day two, being out for four nights is night 2, night 3, night 4, and night 5, meaning not being able to target until night SIX. Dohnut's saying he's out until night 4, but saying he's out for four nights. That's a story not being maintained, if you ask me.

Oh for fucks sake Rummy. I am out until night four. Aplogies for getting my maths wrong by one day. To clarify for about the millionth time, I CANNOT TARGET ANYONE UNTIL NIGHT FOUR. I'm sorry I got confused and said I couldn't target anyone for four nights, but I was clear in my first post and have explained it a number of times, it was a simple mistake on my part.

Also - why do you trust EEVIL so much more than me? How do you know for sure he's a powerful townie? Why is me questioning him SO MUCH MORE SUSPICIOUS than him questioning me? I'm the only one in this game so far who has come forward with so much information. I explained why I was doing so, I gave everything I could, and then two players who refuse to reveal anything about themselves are accusing me or being a mafia member? Good god.

Is anyone else getting the same feeling that we did in Yvonne's Vanilla Mafia? Rummy accusing and voting for me day one, then everyone voting for him.... Then at the end both of us turning out good and the whole thing had just been a massive waste of time and effort? How about this Rummy - you have absolutely no evidence on me at all. All you have is some random argument we had about something unrelated to this specific game (well, that's what I thought it was but apparently it's part of your reason for voting for me) and the fact that I got some maths wrong (which I have now clarified). Oh! And the fact that me and EEVIL want each other to reveal something about our characters (and that somehow makes me look evil and him look good? Don't get this part). How about we forget about this for today and move on to some other leads until someone has some actual information about me. I will stop making long posts and asking EEVIL to reveal something about his suspicious character. Deal?

I am becoming extremely bored of this pointless discussion, if that is not obvious.

You said it more than once, and I even questioned it and you said it again. You're right, I don't have any evidence, but lacking evidence leads(as I've said many a time before) to sitting around doing nothing. It's one vote, I'm entitled to it, and I wish to place it. I never said I trust EEVIL more than you either, I just trust you less than everyone else given your behavior.

The bolded part, is enough for me. It wasn't an irrelevant argument, it was in this thread, in this game, it's not irrelevant and don't for a second try to pretend it is. You basically started this day by trying to call me out as mafia, have made a claim I can't see being backed up, gotten your story mixed up even after me asking for clarification, and imo were pushing for information which I felt would benefit mafia more than town. Again, I'm entitled to my vote, and I'll make it. And please refrain from 'oh for fucks sake'-ing me, I find it unnecessarily aggressive and tbh only further makes me think you're probably mafia and threatened.

How about we forget about this for today and move on to some other leads until someone has some actual information about me. I will stop making long posts and asking EEVIL to reveal something about his suspicious character.

Isn't trying to say 'don't pay attention to me I have nothing' the classic mafia tactic you tried to accuse me of, also?

We're on day two, being out for four nights is night 2, night 3, night 4, and night 5, meaning not being able to target until night SIX. Dohnut's saying he's out until night 4, but saying he's out for four nights. That's a story not being maintained, if you ask me.

*Head in hands*

If I'd made two separate posts a few posts apart, one saying "I'm out until night 4" and another saying "I'm out for four nights" I could understand your point. However, in the post you quoted above, I say the two things IN THE SAME SENTENCE. You're implying that I'd forgotten my story, and that while trying to maintain it I'd forgotten that I had previously said 'til night 4'.

In actual fact I wrote "until night 4" in the same sentence, then made a mistake with my maths and later in the sentence said that I was out for four nights.

My final points on the matter:

Night 1

A tangled character finds himself at a loose end while the futuristic device takes heavy damage. An inebriated duo arrive at their target just in time to see him teleported away by a skilled fighter. They attempted to carry out their action on the fighter instead but he was too fast for them.

An intimidating child army surrounds an organised man whose mind was elsewhere as he carried out his action. A powerful force was redirected to someone who could not stray from his path.

The bolded part is me. I came forward at the start of the day and identified myself.

I have said I am unable to target anyone until night four. I made a mistake and later in the same post said four nights. It was a mistake. I apologise. I am only out until night 4, NOT for four nights.

I have come forward with lots of information.

Part of Rummy's argument (which he hasn't answered yet) is that I asked EEVIL for information. EEVIL had previously attempted, though a selective quote, to portray me as mafia. I am, for some reason, suspicious because of this.

There was a long discussion about a mass role or character claim on the first day of mafia games, and whether the game would work etc. I assumed we were talking in general terms, but Rummy has read into this and is again thinking it makes me look suspicious. I really don't understand this part.

Any explanations about these points would be welcome. As far as I can tell the only actual 'lead' you have is that I made a mistake about my maths.

I am genuinely confused as to why this 'evidence' leads Rummy to think that I am a member of the mafia. I would actually suggest that this has become a lot more personal for Rummy than it should ever ave been. I used his quote early in the game to illustrate a point to DuD and he seemed to take great offence to it. I apologise for that, but it was simply illustrating a point and at the time I said as much, and explained that I had no information on Rummy. He could at least have the courtesy to do the same.

Two more points, then fffffffuuuuuuu-

I wasn't being aggressive. I'm getting bored. You're stuck on a single track, aimed at me. I can sort of understand why, as I used your post to demonstrate a point at the start of the day and you're clearly frustrated by that, but you've taken it too far.

I'm absolutely not saying 'don't pay attention to me'. ABSOLUTELY NOT. I would massively welcome an investigation tonight, just so you'll get off my back tomorrow :p All I'm saying is that we've taken this discussion as far as it can possibly go, and making loooooong posts about it isn't going to help anyone at this point. I was hoping you would agree to stop, so we can focus on something else. You've placed your vote, and that's fine. We don't need to write essays at each other any more, as we've both made the points we want to make. If we just stop, us and everyone else can discuss other things. Others will vote for me if they're convinced by your arguments. They might not if they are convinced by mine. We don't need to say any more on the matter, so if we both just agree to stop then we can save each other some time and effort, and stop derailing the rest of the town discussion with long posts. Agreed?

Isn't trying to say 'don't pay attention to me I have nothing' the classic mafia tactic you tried to accuse me of, also?

This is what frustrates me - I've explained this a number of times to EEVIL, and I know you've read those posts, so I don't know why you're misquoting me again. Misquoting helps your cause to make me look evil, yes, but it's not particularly fair.

I'll just link you to that post rather than posting it again - Click

You're missing my point, I'm missing yours. Until someone confirms your story, or there's something better, I'm sticking with you. I feel all my made points are justified, and I've mainly used what I took to be your own reasoning to make them.

I think tangled character may be a pun, ie a character from tangled, Flynn Rider:

enhanced-buzz-29984-1291575141-1.jpg

Futuristic device taking heavy damage, well that could be something like an iphone, or it could be truly futuristic and be something like the portal gun. That would lend itself to some very mafiaish role actions, so I'm leaning in that direction.

The skilled fighter could be Ali, or I could start scouring videogame fighters. I know yojitsu (was that his name?) could teleport, a bit...

@Nintendohnut my power is a backfire style roleblock, which means it's presumably different for each person I target. Perhaps the pins and/or the blob is something relating to your power?

I don't want to reveal my character just yet for reasons that will become clear in a day or two.