NEurope
Retro_Link

Project CARS

Doesn't the GamePad strike you as looking very like F1 steering wheels. I wonder if they have experimented with tilting it backwards and forwards for acceleration to replace lack of analogue. In my head I think it might be a bit messy, but I wouldn't mind testing the theory.

PROJECT CARS WILL “SHOWCASE THE HIDDEN POWER OF THE WII U”

Slightly Mad creative director Andy Tudor believes that the long-awaited Project CARS will showcase the hidden power of the Wii U. Tudor was asked by Gaming Bolt whether or not the lower specs of the Wii U compared to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 would ultimately affect the gorgeous racing game on the platform. Here’s his reply:

“No, if anything I think it’ll showcase the hidden power that the Wii U has. There’s no equivalent of Project CARS on Wii U, yet we hear the shouts from Nintendo fans loud and clear that they can’t wait to get their hands on this kind of experience so we hope to make them proud with the quality of the visuals.

“Sure there are maybe more stringent technical constraints but the same core experience will remain, plus additional features that take advantage of the controller’s unique second screen and touch interface.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/07/project-cars-will-showcase-the-hidden-power-of-the-wii-u/

Slightly Mad creative director Andy Tudor believes that the long-awaited Project CARS will showcase the hidden power of the Wii U.

You'd have to be to believe that ;)

Does anyone have any footage from this? The trailer RL posted on the last page has been removed.

First Wii U screenshot has been leaked:

qNpz8tB.jpg

It's an offscreen-shot, so it's very low quality. Also, there's really nothing special to show, other then it is running on Wii U. This game has been in development for quite a while, hasn't it?

Yep it's been a long project, but it's actually good to see an off screen shot to prove it's running on consoles.

Good to see the Wii U version does exist! I really want this game to be good but can't help but feel that it will be heavily compromised by the lack of analogue triggers on the gamepad/pro controller.

It's great to see developers committed to actually make an effort for the Wii U version for once.

I'm looking forward to seeing an official car list, because my one complaint right now is that focus is too much on old F1 and Le-mans type cars. I'm more in to "normal" cars.

Laughable considering it was a kickstarter project and still the Wii U version gets the lowest priority.

But who says it's getting lowest priority? What if it is something that isn't within the developers control? It could well even be Nintendo causing the hold up somehow.

This console is a joke now as far as 3rd party support goes. It's officially the worst console ever in that regard. We don't get virtually any games and when we do they're either gimped, delayed or missing features. To Hell with this!

Like Watch Dogs we've yet to see a single cell of Wii U footage.

Hilarious turn of events. Was this not a Wii U game primarily and other consoles after? Complete u-turn. Geddit? Looks like the Wii U will need GT64 on its VC if there's to be any realistic racing done. Righto, anyhoo, is that the time? I was never interested in Project Cars so I'm gonna exit stage left before @darkjak gets in here to tell us about Gran Turismo killers, polygon counts and all that.

But who says it's getting lowest priority? What if it is something that isn't within the developers control? It could well even be Nintendo causing the hold up somehow.

In my head I totes confused this with the 90s arcade racer at first thread glance. Tried googling to see if there's any reasons for the delay, best I've found is them saying they want to offer the best experience they can to Wii U users or something. Given the nature and history of this game, I'd actually buy that - there's no denying utilising WiiU-specific features would mean more work than for the other systems.

Wii U version of Project Cars out in 2015

Apparently not. Can this be down to anything other than sales? What's happened to Watch Dogs?

I've been on other pages, both in Sweden and international.

People, who were considering to buy this for the Wii U are not considering to buy it for other formats. This may be absolutely devastating for sales of the Wii U version.

And stupid considering how interest is the greatest for the Wii U version.

Laughable considering it was a kickstarter project and still the Wii U version gets the lowest priority.

Further to my above - unless I'm mistaken it's a crowd+community funded game and indeed effort; I don't think there was ever a kickstarter for it(and I can't find such) becasue they opted for that approach instead.

let me ask you this. Ever seen any wii u footage of this game at all?

let me ask you this. Ever seen any wii u footage of this game at all?

No, but then I've also seen little to no footage of it for any other systems as well :p I think if/when I would have seen footage was more than a year ago if not two, and when it was in early stages and planned for PS3/360 - I recall coming across it because the idea intrigued me. In fact, given the nature of production around this title, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now.

Bandai Namco comments on Project CARS’ Wii U delay

Bandai Namco has issued an official response regarding Project CARS’ delay on Wii U.

We learned earlier today that the racer won’t be arriving on Nintendo’s console until 2015. The PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions are still due out in November of this year.

Bandai Namco’s statement reads:

“We’re committed to delivering an exceptional and unique experience for racing fans on Wii U and for this we kindly ask our devoted and passionate Nintendo fans for a little more time in order to ensure the game delivers on our vision of being the most authentic, beautiful, and technically-advanced racing game on any platform”.

http://nintendoeverything.com/bandai-namco-comments-on-project-cars-wii-u-delay/#more-166381

There's a thread for this in Other Consoles, because there's a good chance the PS3/360 version will probably come out months before the Wii U version...

Retro_Link called this in the very first post. :heh:

What does their statement mean? Why isn't there a proper reason instead of this bullshit that they're spouting? If they're working on some cool Wii U specific features, then say it. At the moment, it just sounds more of the "other systems first, Wii U last" speak.

Slightly Mad Studios explains Project CARS’ Wii U delay

Bandai Namco, the distributor of Project CARS, has already weighed in on the racer’s Wii U delay. Now we have a few words from the game’s developer as well.

On Facebook, Slightly Mad Studios explained that Nintendo’s platform “uses a substantially different architecture to other consoles and the PC”, which means more time is needed “to code to the same quality of the other releases.” Ultimately the team needs a bit more time to adapt Project CARS for Wii U.

Check out Slightly Mad Studios’ full comments below.

The WiiU uses a substantially different architecture to other consoles and the PC, meaning it takes more time to code to the same quality of the other releases.

Our devs just need more time to adapt a WiiU version… PS4 and XBoxOne are closer to the PC version.

If people want a sim race on WiiU, they’ll buy it, even in one more year… If they prefer Mario Kart…

http://nintendoeverything.com/slightly-mad-studios-explains-project-cars-wii-u-delay/#more-166395