NEurope
Retro_Link

Project CARS

It's going to be a tough sell to ask people to wait God knows how many extra months yet to get the inferior version. It's grand I guess if you're a Wii U only owmer.

It's going to be a tough sell to ask people to wait God knows how many extra months yet to get the inferior version. It's grand I guess if you're a Wii U only owmer.

For just wii u owners it should do ok shouldn't it? Not like there are a bunch of alternatives out their. It's real shame it's not being released at the same time as I think this could be a title that does pretty well on wii u. Getting a racing game like this on a Nintendo platform is what people have asked for years.

Project CARS Vs Real Life - Bac Mono @ Spa Francorchamps

This game is insane in the membrane!

Confirmed: Project CARS delayed to March 20th 2015

Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S today announced they will be moving the release of Project CARS for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC to March 20th 2015 in Europe and Australasia.

The move positions the title away from the competitive holiday scene dominated by household names while affording the team at Slightly Mad Studios additional time to extend and polish their ground-breaking and accomplished next-gen racing experience that’s been created alongside a community of over 85,000 racing fans and real-life professional drivers.

“Our goal has always been to deliver a landmark title that encompasses the wishes and desires of racing fans from all around the world; something with features and content powered by the community that provide a truly unforgettable and pioneering experience” said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. “Whilst a tough decision to make, the change in release date allows the game the greatest chance of success and visibility, and the opportunity to polish the game even further to the high standards that both ourselves and our community demand and expect. We’re eager for you all to see what we’ve been working on in just a few months.”

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=913966

This could be a blessing in disguise for Wii U. It might now launch at the same time as the other formats or it could mean the Wii U version will be further delayed.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=913966

This could be a blessing in disguise for Wii U. It might now launch at the same time as the other formats or it could mean the Wii U version will be further delayed.

Oh goodie.

Now I just hope that Nintendo fans vote with their wallet, so the Wii U gets future releases from this developer as well.

Oh goodie.

Now I just hope that Nintendo fans vote with their wallet, so the Wii U gets future releases from this developer as well.

I think I mentioned it before - isn't devlopment/funding behind this game a little different to your usual? It was crowdsourced with content packs where users could create/add content and even have a stake in the game's profits too - if I'm not wrong then I don't think it's fair comparing this to any sort of traditional game development/publish/release process.

I thought so too but then Bandai Namco are involved. They may just be publishing it physically. I don't know either what the deal is.

I thought so too but then Bandai Namco are involved. They may just be publishing it physically. I don't know either what the deal is.

Ahh right you are! According to wikipedia they're doing 'distribution' whereas SMS are doing dev/publishing - maybe it's just the case they don't have the infrastructure to get it out there but enough in place to essentially get it made/printed/maybe DD hosted.

Even so, I'd still say it's unorthodox enough, applying usual rules of play here might not have much merit.

I think I mentioned it before - isn't devlopment/funding behind this game a little different to your usual? It was crowdsourced with content packs where users could create/add content and even have a stake in the game's profits too - if I'm not wrong then I don't think it's fair comparing this to any sort of traditional game development/publish/release process.

Regardless of which, it would send a message to other third parties that the Wii U is in fact viable if you handle your releases properly.

Secondly, I don't think that devs will want to port the game to a format where noone will buy it. Even if they are doing it for free.

Thirdly, I think that there will be some sort of scheme where as much of the crew will be able to live off making games. Whether this will happen via a post-release kickback (which is what they used in The Stanley Parable) or formal employment remains to be seen.

Regardless of which, it would send a message to other third parties that the Wii U is in fact viable if you handle your releases properly.

Secondly, I don't think that devs will want to port the game to a format where noone will buy it. Even if they are doing it for free.

Thirdly, I think that there will be some sort of scheme where as much of the crew will be able to live off making games. Whether this will happen via a post-release kickback (which is what they used in The Stanley Parable) or formal employment remains to be seen.

True, true.

Not sure it could be called a 'port' however - it's my understanding it's been being dev'd for all the systems together since the start.

What was the situation with The Stanley Parable and making monies? As I understand this, regular folks could purchase 'content packs' that'd let them create for the game, and certain packs would allow a certain take of profits depending on content, or something? I remember coming across the project many years back and thinking it sounded interesting at the time - didn't expect it to go beyond a PC only level though.

To be honest I'm slightly baffled there's a version of this coming for WiiU. Who's going to buy it on that system? I love my WiiU to death but most of the racing I want to do on it involves turtle shells and (hopefully, one day) zero-friction. If this is decent it'll be a must have for my 2nd console though.

You can be sure of what version this isn't. To this day there hasn't been a single video or screenshot of the Wii U version. They probably don't want the Wii U version contradicting or detracting from their full vision. When it's releasesd on the other platforms then we'll see the Wii U version. I haven't seen a more visually impressive game but I am ignorant. It's true to life. I'm tired.

To be honest I'm slightly baffled there's a version of this coming for WiiU. Who's going to buy it on that system? I love my WiiU to death but most of the racing I want to do on it involves turtle shells and (hopefully, one day) zero-friction. If this is decent it'll be a must have for my 2nd console though.

If the game plays well, doesn't just look beautiful, then I will be getting this on my WiiU... I won't be paying a few games worth of money just to have this on another console.

As I understand it this is a fairly realistic driving simulator, I believe the closest to that on the Wii U is Need for speed (to clarify I in no way consider NfS to be in the same category...).

With that in mind, anyone who likes driving sims and owns a Wii U, but not another console, should buy this.

Or maybe Nintendo gave the company a financial incentive to bring the game to Wii U as well...

If the game plays well, doesn't just look beautiful, then I will be getting this on my WiiU... I won't be paying a few games worth of money just to have this on another console.

As I understand it this is a fairly realistic driving simulator, I believe the closest to that on the Wii U is Need for speed (to clarify I in no way consider NfS to be in the same category...).

With that in mind, anyone who likes driving sims and owns a Wii U, but not another console, should buy this.

Or maybe Nintendo gave the company a financial incentive to bring the game to Wii U as well...

Hoping it will do decent enough on the Wii U so other developers release driving sims on Nintendo platforms.

Me for one, that is if it turns out half decent. Yes, we haven't seen any screen shots for the Wii U version yet, but the developer Slightly Mad Studios has been bigging up that it runs good, and has most of the effects up and running, so I wait in anticipation as there will most assuredly be nothing else like this on the Wii U, now or in the future, and I only own the one home console. I'm really really hoping for this to be good.

Edited by londragon

Wii U and Nintendo platforms needs games like Project Cars.

When a platform's claim to racing titles is limited to Mario Kart then that platform has serious issues.

Wii U and Nintendo platforms needs games like Project Cars.

When a platform's claim to racing titles is limited to Mario Kart then that platform has serious issues.

In fairness Wii U has

Mario Kart 8

Need for Speed: Most Wanted U

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

TNT Racers: Nitro Machines Edition

F1 Stars Powered Up Edition

Super Toy Cars.

Project Cars is definitely going to fill an empty space in that list though.

if it has off screen play then I'll buy this version over PS4 and it increases my game time by 80%

Ok that's possibly the most realistic looking game ever..

It could look exactly like real life and I'm still pretty certain I wouldn't be interested. It looks so boring to me :hmm:

Ok that's possibly the most realistic looking game ever. I presume that's PC footage.

Drive Club looks the better game, imo. Still not sure what's so special about this.

Anyway, good for the WiiU that it's getting a game.

Here's What the Pros Think of Project Cars

Project CARS Vs Real Life - Road America

Project CARS has been delayed again

Racing sim suffers two-week delay.

Project CARS has seen a further two week delay, Bandai Namco has confirmed, with the racing sim now due to release on PS4, Xbox One and PC on Thursday, April 2.

The game had previously been due to release on March 20, having been delayed from its initial November 18 launch date.

"Moving a release date was not an easy decision to make, as we know our fans are eager to get their hands-on on Project CARS," said Slightly Mad Studios Head Ian Bell. "But we know that these extra days will allow us to provide the best game experience that our fans deserve. We assure you the wait will be worth it when the game does arrive early April."

A release date for the Wii U version has yet to be confirmed.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/project_cars/news/project_cars_has_been_delayed_again_2.html

I'm surprised the Wii U version hasn't been cancelled yet. If released, this will go the same way as Watch_Dogs.