NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Resident Evil 6

This game can be as ridiculous and stupid as it wants as long as it has co-op. :blank:

Well, at least they've gone for all-out action rather than the horrible in-between that was RE5.

Is it just me or does Chris look more like he did in RE1 than RE5? I like spiky-haired beefy-armed Chris more than the Reggie Fils-Aime style Chris.

I'm guessing this action packed trailer is to get people talking, after all there's no such thing as bad publicity. They might show some scary stuff later on although to be honest with you guys... I love RE4 and 5's action style.

Is it just me or does Chris look more like he did in RE1 than RE5? I like spiky-haired beefy-armed Chris more than the Reggie Fils-Aime style Chris.

I'm guessing this action packed trailer is to get people talking, after all there's no such thing as bad publicity. They might show some scary stuff later on although to be honest with you guys... I love RE4 and 5's action style.

Let's be friends! :D

Loved the trailer to bits and seeing as how I adored the co-op action in Resident Evil 5, i'm very much looking forward to this.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 OMFG

*Calms down* The Leon section of the trailer did look better than Chris's section. But res is an interesting one for me because I LOVE RE: REMAKE and zero etc style of survival horror but then I have also loved the more action style of res 4 & 5.

Some ppl seem to really dislike 5 but I loved it, like @Aneres11 (we did it together) completed it on 360 & PS3 getting all standard achievements on platinumed it. The co-op nature of that game made it great in it's own right.

New information:

- They are trying to achieve the highest quality while emphasizing more on fear.

- RE6 will be the largest RE game in terms of scope and scale.

- Confirms the return of zombies along with protagonists Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield. The identity of the third protagonist remains a secret for now.

- Game director Eiichiro Sasaki confirms that Resident Evil 6 takes place 10 years after the Raccoon City incident. This is set one year before the events of RE5.

- Leon's partner shown in the trailer is Helena Harper, a U.S. Government Agent

- The regenerating enemy is called Javo.

So, .... what we have here is

'Racoon City all over again'

+

Gears of War

+

Hollywood style 'epic' blockbuster motion picture

I think I'll just go with Revelations, thank you.

(I have a feelin' NINTENDO might show this at their press conference at the E3 for the WiiU, claiming to cater to the "hardcore" this way ...:nono:)

This is set one year before the events of RE5.

Wow that's somewhat surprising!

Given his change in appearance I presumed Leon was 10 years older or something in this than he was in Resi 4.

I guess this is the Chris signing up to his new organisation (hence he can't keep runnig away... time to get back in the action).

It also means Wesker is still alive, despite this new guy.

And that it's set after Revelations!

On a slightly related note, a trailer for the next film

Try to spot the subtle product placement.

Co-op with a friend was a lot of fun. However, the forced co-op when you played the game single-player was terrible. If they want RE6 to have co-op, that's great, as long as the single player doesn't involve playing with a shitty AI partner.

Despite its many flaws, RE5 was still a good game (if you had a friend to play with). I was disappointed with RE5, but mainly because RE4 is one of my all-time favourite games. The more RE6 is like RE4 the better.

I thought the trailer looked good from both a graphical sense (very nice character models and excellent lighting though the some of the animations look a bit stiff) and a gameplay one. Yeah, the none Leon parts looked more like homages to other games than typical Resident Evil fair but I like Gears of War and I always felt it owed a bit to RE4 anyway so the third person action game is going full circle.

It may only be 1/3 of the Resident Evil we know but that doesn't mean the rest will be bad. Dodgy AI aside, is RE5 a bad game in it's own right? This may not be the Resident Evil people want but don't let that confuse you into thinking it can't be a great game.

Thing is, I may not be pleased with the direction, but when it comes to it, I know I'll still buy it! :p

Anyway, a few new details...

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/01/20/more-resident-evil-6-details-emerge/

A bevy of new Resident Evil 6 details have emerged today, including a "shocking" new enemy, the "overwhelming" scale of the game and an unnamed man in the debut trailer who's "told to save the world."

The news comes by way of the Resident Evil Anniversary Party in Japan. At the event, producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi, producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and director Eiichiro Sasaki shared details beyond what had been shown in the trailer.

Let's start with this guy. His name is Javo. He seems less than pleasant.

Javo-Resident-Evil-6.jpg

Kobayashi said that zombies aren't the only enemies in the game and teased that Javo's "shocking existence has even greater impact that the zombies."

As for the mystery man that'll be tasked with saving the world (for a price, apparently, via the trailer), this is he.

Mystery-Man-Resident-Evil-6.jpg

Kobayashi revealed he's a third main character. Kobayashi wouldn't share the character's name, though he was described as "the man who's told to save the world."

Other interesting new bits include this comment on the game's overwhelming-ness. In saying the game is meant to become "the ultimate in horror entertainment", Kobayashi alluded to two important concepts:

"The fear that lies ahead"

"Everything is overwhelming — the scale, the story, the feeling of being there."

Along those lines, Hirabayashi said RE6 has the largest staff count in series history. He gave a figure of ~ 150 people, but noted the true count comes in over 600 when accounting for overseas staff and other contributors.

One other new piece of RE6 info–Leon Kennedy is joined by a woman named Helena Harper, who had been on security detail for the President, in his travels.

IGN say that the blonde woman travelling with the dude above (Alex I hope) is none other than Sherry Birkin.

IGN say that the blonde woman travelling with the dude above (Alex I hope) is none other than Sherry Birkin.

Freaking awesome if true. I've been waiting an age for her to return to the series.

Gametrailers Trailer Analysis

- They note a similar transformaton to William Burkin... which could tie in with Sherry's involvement. Though this video says it's Ashley in the game... but I'd bet they're probably wrong about that... I just can't see why Ashley would be around Alex.

Fuck it... I'm damn excited!! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

lol ok conflicting news

The official Operation Raccoon City facebook pages says its Ashley.

It certainly sounds like Ashley... but President connection aside... it just seems wierd that they'd a) make her a regular b) why with Alex and how's she met him?

IGN: Sherry

Capcom: Ashley

Capcom released the Resident Evil 6 reveal trailer, confirming Leon and Chris, as well as a number of new characters.

Occurring 10 years after the events of the original game, Leon’s story is centered around Tall Oaks, a city similar to Raccoon City that succumbs to a T-virus outbreak. Chris’ story takes place in China, while a third storyline revolves around an unidentified new character and Resident Evil 4′s Ashley Graham.

Resident Evil 6 has been given a release date of November 20, 2012.

Makes more sense if it's Ashley. She's now a veteran in the whole, useless/helpless, female partner along for the ride whether you like it or not (although there was that really fun part where you had to play as her for a short while in Resi 4).

Xbox.com Update =

-Ashley is the blonde female character

-Splitscreen returns (for two people)

-2-6 player co-op

-2-8 player online

-Moving/shooting is in

-Cover system is in

-Game takes places in 2013 and 10 years after Raccoon City

-Info on a demo will arrive in the coming months

-It is implied co-op is scene in the trailer

-150 person development team, 600 total with all outsourcing/support staff

-In development for 2 years so far

re6-6owyj5.png

re6-7emyyz.png

So Capcom thinks 1998 added 10 years on makes 2013 or Leon's part of the game is before RE5?

Edited by Dante

-In development for 2 years so far
Personally I think it could look a lot better for a game in development for 2 years.

Though thinking about it, it's only really Leons section that looks a bit shoddy to me... with low textures during parts of the trailer... and there's every chance his is the newest scenario to be worked on. The rest looks pretty great.

-It is implied co-op is scene in the trailer
That would be when the Team of Four leave the helicopter Rainbox Six style I'd imagine.