N-Europe

Band Of Brothers

Bren

Well, i've started to watch Band Of Brothers TV series, steven spielberg and tom hanks produced it i think, and its absolutely amazing, brother got the boxset, and i cant stop watching.

Now, are their any films that are based around this kind of thing, beside's the big hits like enemy at the gates, saving private ryan, etc, as i wanna buy some more :P

And, wot yall think of band of brothers, i kno it was shown quite a while ago, but i think its ace.

Great series. I purchased the boxset and loved virtually every minute of it.

SPR is a great war film too! Get it. Enemy at the Gates left me disappointed, just seemed to cheesy for war. A Bridge too Far is a great little old school war film and has a wealth of great actors in it.

Band of Brothers has been out ages now, anyone who hasn't got it, should get it. Loved it from when it came on BBC2 years ago, I made sure I bought my Dad the boxset for Christmas (what ever year it came out). Since then I've watched it so many times.

Bull is one of my favourite characters, I also like Garnia and the doctor guy but I've forgotten his name.

bob was a great series. very, very good stuff.

as for movies- watch platoon, apocalypse now and full metal jacket. great nam movies those. check out the deer hunter too.

for me, spr was a weaker film because of what it tried to do- spielberg did wonders in the first 20 mins but lost the effect by having to make it into a full feature movie about a load of crap from hollywood. he should have made a 2 hour film that focused entirely on the beaches instead.